Welcome to Gaia! ::

Islamic Teacher
I however don't believe that Muslims bombed the twin towers, or that Osama had anything to do with 9/11

Yes, i was thinking this too, because jihad weren't supposed to be "that" eccentric.
Well, Indonesia had a lot of muslim terrorists, they bombed some hotels and places, and they are from the Jihad troops.
Well, it's sad that alot of people misunderstood what is the actual "Jihad"..
BlueyNova
Islamic Teacher
I however don't believe that Muslims bombed the twin towers, or that Osama had anything to do with 9/11

Yes, i was thinking this too, because jihad weren't supposed to be "that" eccentric.
Well, Indonesia had a lot of muslim terrorists, they bombed some hotels and places, and they are from the Jihad troops.
Well, it's sad that alot of people misunderstood what is the actual "Jihad"..

Its not appropriate to refer to them as "Muslim" terrorists
They are terrorists and nothing more, since a true Muslim would never commit acts of terror

Tipsy Lunatic

Why do you follow a religion based on the words of a ***** rapist that is hell bent on condeming and treating women like the worst sort of s**t and killing people for not agreeing with you?

Quotable Cat

6,725 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Arcangel159
Why do you follow a religion based on the words of a ***** rapist that is hell bent on condeming and treating women like the worst sort of s**t and killing people for not agreeing with you?

I don't think its right for you to make statements about a religion you know nothing about. Don't stereotype the entire religion for idiotic acts of certain people and don't be offensive. Until you've read the Quran, Hadith and its teachings, you have know right to say things like that.
Arcangel159

Islam is based on the Word of God and Tradition of the Prophets
Women are equal with Men in Islam
We don't kill people who don't agree with us
This website will help you learn about Islam
http://www.islamreligion.com/
SuperZombiePotatoe
Arcangel159

I don't think its right for you to make statements about a religion you know nothing about. Don't stereotype the entire religion for idiotic acts of certain people and don't be offensive. Until you've read the Quran, Hadith and its teachings, you have know right to say things like that.

Thank you

Quotable Cat

6,725 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Generous 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
Islamic Teacher
SuperZombiePotatoe
Arcangel159

Thank you

I'm a muslim too and yes this is offenesive, but you do not have the right to say things like that about any religion.

Beloved Giver

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Generous 100
I get the impression that women are not as respected as men are in the muslim community? Am I right and why is that? 4laugh
SuperZombiePotatoe
Islamic Teacher
SuperZombiePotatoe
Arcangel159

Thank you

I'm a muslim too and yes this is offenesive, but you do not have the right to say things like that about any religion.

Always nice to see another Muslim on gaia
LettuceB3
I get the impression that women are not as respected as men are in the muslim community? Am I right and why is that? 4laugh

It mainly depends on the culture on how women are treated
In Islam women are equal with men, but their duties to society are different

"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"

Beloved Giver

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Generous 100
Islamic Teacher
LettuceB3

It mainly depends on the culture on how women are treated
In Islam women are equal with men, but their duties to society are different

"O ye who believe! Ye are forbidden to inherit women against their will. Nor should ye treat them with harshness, that ye may take away part of the dower [money given by the husband to the wife for the marriage contract] ye have given them, except where they have been guilty of open lewdness; on the contrary live with them on a footing of kindness and equity. If ye take a dislike to them it may be that ye dislike a thing, and God brings about through it a great deal of good. (The Noble Quran, 4:19)"
What are some of those roles? If I were to become muslim how would my experience differ from that of a man? 4laugh

Conservative Lover

5,250 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Hygienic 200
LettuceB3

I'm a non-Muslim woman living in a Muslim country and married to a Muslim. I find that women get much more respect than in Western countries but that's my experience in GCC countries. It's definitely the culture rather than religion playing a part end of the day though more than anything.

I don't really see female oppression. They're very spoilt here and given lots of money and luxuries. I mostly see lots of Muslimahs out and about having coffee, shopping and doing things together. Even with kids I see the father looking after them in the kids/waiting areas of shopping malls and if they're too lazy to do it themselves, they get a maid to do it for them. Like in most countries and cultures, women tend to have more domestic powers and dominate the guy within families. Try dealing with an Arab woman and see what I mean. They're scary.

Beloved Giver

7,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Generous 100
geminikitten
LettuceB3

I'm a non-Muslim woman living in a Muslim country and married to a Muslim. I find that women get much more respect than in Western countries but that's my experience in GCC countries. It's definitely the culture rather than religion playing a part end of the day though more than anything.

I don't really see female oppression. They're very spoilt here and given lots of money and luxuries. I mostly see lots of Muslimahs out and about having coffee, shopping and doing things together. Even with kids I see the father looking after them in the kids/waiting areas of shopping malls and if they're too lazy to do it themselves, they get a maid to do it for them. Like in most countries and cultures, women tend to have more domestic powers and dominate the guy within families. Try dealing with an Arab woman and see what I mean. They're scary.
Thanks I understand 3nodding

Conservative Dabbler

Is knowledge necessary for Paradise? For instance, do I need to know that Adam was created from dust according to the Qur'an in order to go to Paradise upon death?

Conservative Dabbler

geminikitten
LettuceB3

What country do you live in? Oftentimes, what is perceived as oppression towards women varies between countries.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff