Welcome to Gaia! ::

Bloodthirsty Slayer

10,750 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Contributor 150
I don't find myself to be a horrible fisherman(woman?), but I can't for the life of me catch anything in Durem. I use grade A bait and Performance Rod Plus. Any tips?? gonk

Etheziel's Husband

Sparkly Unicorn

Durem is all about timing: you have to either be quick with your reactions, or you have to know when the fish will move. It really helps to learn how to filter via the counting method. Even though you probably won't be filtering for the most part, it will help you overall in Durem. Shirlox, the resident moderator over fishing has written a guide on filtering at all the lakes; it is here where you will learn about counting in Durem.

In addition, I wouldn't really recommend the performance rod for durem, if it's your first time fishing there; the strength rod plus is a better choice.

Hope I helped, good luck fishing, and I'll see you at the lake!

Fisher

Pwny gives a lot of good tips, but I just wanted to add one opinion here. If you're having trouble adjusting to the difficulty of Durem then focus first on catching everything that you hook including junk. First, since they are a challenge to catch for most newer fishers, they will continue to improve your fishing technique and help you adjust to Durem. Second, knowing how junk moves will help you filter them later if/when you decide to start filtering. 4laugh

Durem Otaku

11,550 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
blairbearforever
I don't find myself to be a horrible fisherman(woman?), but I can't for the life of me catch anything in Durem. I use grade A bait and Performance Rod Plus. Any tips?? gonk

donno how far you got into it, but i have one more tip for you... try with DRP since its lines are slightly wider than PRP's and also, it gives you chance to see what you hooked and time to adjust to its pace.
like stated before, it all about patterns and shift timing

Skilled Poster

9,675 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
if all you want to do is catch anything.. then go for level F bait

I find that A bait is like caffeine for the fish(competitive)
and D is like being well like a siesta time (lazy time fishing)
and F is like being a crab/tortoise.. it is constant but here there and everywhere snooping..

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff