Welcome to Gaia! ::

Charitable Regular

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Since making this thread I have formed a guild!
Quote me here or PM me for an invitation- but you can join all on your own just by searching "The Cash Problem" in Guilds!

Hey all!
So, I've been doing a little thinking this evening, and I was wondering if anyone was cool with the idea of doing a mini documentary. Obviously running around in person with hi-tech equipment is kind of out of the question (for me, at least), but what if I gathered video interviews from GaiaOnline users of all ages and mashed them together into one glorious visual statement?

I am suggesting this for several reasons, but mainly because I want to show that we're people. Not numbers, figures, or avatars, real people using this website that was once a critically-acclaimed virtual world of opportunity. Humans who miss the connections that were screwed over in favor of cash.

Here are some quotes I've seen around threads enforcing the idea that Gaia doesn't see us as people, but wallets.
Doom Lemons
And to think they think we're faceless, nameless, ATMS is an insult. ******** that.

Catalyste
Basically we're a bunch of faceless meatpuppets who drool over having more gold or "epic" '03 items, right?

I'd have to ask for some help regarding software and actual pretty video editing, because my computer is painfully old, but I'd be happy to do the bulk of the work- creating the questions, collecting and re-formatting the videos, etc.

What do you all think?

---

Q&A
Stuff that's already been addressed in this thread!
    *It would be a mini testimonial, no longer than two minutes at most, with only a few questions to answer.
    *It would be carefully edited and monitored to ensure that the users do not respond too aggressively, or make ridiculous demands, nor use any kind of hate speech/name-slinging/etc.
    *Being taken seriously is a priority!
    *There will be an option to write your testimonial to be read off (by yours truly) so that you can remain "anonymous" (but you must give your Gaia Username!), but they'll be very limited and short, as I can't measure the recording time.

User Image User Image User Image User Image

Girl

I'd say this is an intresting concept at the very least. I wish I had skills to offer though s:

Charitable Regular

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
Gilded Shadow

Ah, I'm glad you like the idea! c:
I would love for it to take off, I just need some support and feedback from the community. It's weirdly dead on these forums considering we just had ATA...maybe because everyone else is in the already-massive threads about the issues?

Girl

MoonkistPrincess
Gilded Shadow

Ah, I'm glad you like the idea! c:
I would love for it to take off, I just need some support and feedback from the community. It's weirdly dead on these forums considering we just had ATA...maybe because everyone else is in the already-massive threads about the issues?

Pretty much everyone who saw the ATA is fuming at Narumi lol and I don't blame them.

I would say give it a day

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400

User Image
How would this work? Small "testimonials" from us on what we think all mashed into a video?

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
This sounds like fun, as long as it's done constructively and isn't just a bunch of people yelling at Gaia on camera.
I have no technical skills, but I have lots of ideas and would be more than happy to do a video. 3nodding

Thirteenth Bilge rat

29,025 Points
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
NINJA Boner
This sounds like fun, as long as it's done constructively and isn't just a bunch of people yelling at Gaia on camera.
I have no technical skills, but I have lots of ideas and would be more than happy to do a video. 3nodding

User Image
This. We'd have to be calm, articulate, and mature in how we say things.

Golden Gekko

I'd be willing to help, but I'm very tired right now. Still though, our thoughts organized and published on something like youtube might embarrass Gaia enough to actually change, even just a little.

Charitable Regular

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150

NINJA Boner

Doom Lemons

The idea is to have a few very simple questions written out for users to answer in a video or audio clip no longer than a minute, maybe two. People would record, then send in a file format. There would be measures taken to ensure that clips shown and used are calm, clear, and not the same points again and again and again.

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
Doom Lemons
NINJA Boner

User Image
This. We'd have to be calm, articulate, and mature in how we say things.

We'd also need to be picky about what issues we bring up. If we make unrealistic requests(like removing CV or firing the CEO), staff that are watching may lose interest and disregard the rest of the video.

Flint Jakobs's Compadre

Feral Faun

Oh man, I'd love to participate in this kind of deal! The only editing software I have is windows moviemaker lol, but I'd be more than happy to be part of a group testimonial.

I also agree about being picky with issues. There have been some reasonable requests, like nerfing Smashblox, providing an alternative pay to play for tournaments, maybe having item themes for tournaments instead of exorbitant amounts of gold, selling items for $10 and under, uhhhh yeah.

Visionary

19,825 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Cash Grabber 500
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
MoonkistPrincess

Well it's sounding like a really good idea. If done right, and if it gets around to enough people, it could really provoke some change, or at least convince staff to listen to us a little more.

I have some cute ideas. If you end up deciding to do this, PM me. smile

tubercular skies's Compadre

Dedicated Sex Symbol

7,900 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I would love to be included in this! I think this is a fantastic idea. Hopefully, more Gaians see this and want to help as well.

Charitable Regular

7,600 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
NINJA Boner

Absolutely!

Yeah, guys, my aim is to be taken seriously. I wouldn't let things get too out of hand.

Tipsy Kitten

I want to help with the group testimonial.
I already put my face on Gaia. Why not put it in a video for a good cause?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff