Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

The Gaia NPC Story Contest is an ongoing set of contests featuring Gaia's many NPCs. Over the
    course of our contest we realized folks were going to each other for proofreading to ensure a better
    story. For that reason, we decided to set up an Editor's Pool to better help the process of shared
    creativity. You guys are free to use these kind folk's services for use in any of our NPC Story
    Contests.

Of course using these services is not a requirement or anything.

Please remember to be kind to our Editors. They don't have to read your story and give you tips,
    after all!
User Image

User Image

RULES FOR REQUESTING AN EDITOR:
    • Be Kind. They are not required to read your work and are instead doing this merely for your
      benefit and out of the kindness of their heart.
    • Follow the directions in their Editor Profile (in the next post). Some editors will have you PM
      them, some will have you request their attention in this thread. It depends on the person.
    • You do not have to follow their advice if you don't want to, but please don't be rude about it.
    • If an editor has too much on her plate, it is within her right to decline reading your story. Don't
      feel sad about this! Hopefully someone else will step up to the plate for you.
    • If you aren't sure which editor you would like to request, you may simply post a request for any
      editor in this thread. I'm sure folks will be checking it regularly.
    • BE patient.

HOW TO BECOME AN EDITOR:
      Before you sign up, realize this can be a ton of work. You are allowed to decline editing,
      and you can basically set up your process any way you want. Realize, you need to give your
      editee enough time to make changes if they desire before the contest deadline.

Requirements for editing: An interest in the Gaia NPC Story Contest.
      Does it matter if you are entering a story in this contest as well?: Not at all. Assuming you
      won't purposefully ruin the other person's story (which would just be silly.)
      Can you judge and edit?: Afraid not. I feel if judges may favor a Story they proofread and spent
      time on.

In order to apply, just send me a PM containing this form.

[b]avatar[/b]: (I just want a picture to represent you. Doesn't have to be your avatar, but I would prefer if it was avatar-sized. Whatever, though.)
      [b]username[/b]: Here is where your username goes.
      [b]interests[/b]: Stuff you like reading.
      [b]how would you like to be contacted for editing?[/b]:

How many slots do you want? This is basically your work load. Do you think you could worry about three stories at a time or only one....etc.

I will add this to the next post as well as any specifications you would like to add.

Remember, you are the one doing the favor.
User Image

Username: Quiet Daydreamer (Though I go by QD or Chika for short)
    Interests: I usually prefer fantasy and sci-fi, though I'm a big fan of the classics as well, and I generally loved anything required in school. My favorite novel is The Count of Monte Cristo, and my favorite author is Ray Bradbury (but for his short stories, not his novels). I've also been known to read my share of fanfics as well, lately.
    How would you like to be contacted for editing? razz Ming would be fine! ^_^
    Experience:I've had some previous experiences editing (outside of essays), though my most notable one was when I was asked to critique a manuscript for a novel, which is on the road to being published. It's something I really enjoy--helping the author to better convey their story to their audience and tell their tale.
    QD has two slots! Why don't you shoot a PM to see if one is open for you?

username: Nick_austin90/Nicholas_austin90
    interests: Adventure, fantasy, BL, big fan and writer of fanfictions, mangas I like too-- I love reading so just try me with anything. lol
    how would you like to be contacted for editing?: PM, quoting me anywhere you see me, contact through my mules and main (Nick_austin90)-- anyway you want.
    Other:I'm majoring in English right now so I need the work.
    Can do 4-5 at a time.

Alien Sweetheart

*jumps into the pool* CAAAAANNOOOON BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALL!! scream heart

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'M GONNA DO A JACK KNIFE! *belly flops*

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Huzzah! *runs running to jump and face plants on the diving board and slowly rolls into the water*

Alien Sweetheart

Oooooh....*watches VKiera roll into water*....*holds up sign saying 10*

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
*also holds up 10*

Alien Sweetheart

*looks at the Durem judge who holds up 4* OH COME ON! scream

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
Why is Durem so snobby?

Cold Guardian

38,000 Points
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0
  • Winged 100
  • Magical Girl 50
Yeata Zi
Why is Durem so snobby?

Depressing isn't? We're still all emo after losing the Olympics.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
VKiera
Yeata Zi
Why is Durem so snobby?

Well, we can't all be from Aekea!

Alien Sweetheart

Yeata Zi
VKiera
Yeata Zi
Why is Durem so snobby?

Well, we can't all be from Aekea!

Maybe if they put a little more heart into it they can be like Barton! ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas