Welcome to Gaia! ::

Codebreaking Inquisitor

Catkid_neo
*gets caught putting down Mephiste's name in the list of people who could possibly be "HE"*

...What? That theory's bound to happen eventually. cat_neutral

I'd almost forgotten about that. xD
*necroed thread has been necroed* ninja

Anywho, I think the idea is far simpler than that.

That is, knowing Gaia, the idea is most likely much, much simpler. xD

Wiki says Mephistopheles was then later used as a stock character for the devil. All this could say is Mr. Jackdaw is an alias for the devil, or, perhaps

Mephistopheles
The word derives from the Hebrew mephitz, meaning "destroyer", and tophel, meaning "liar"; "tophel" is short for tophel shequer, the literal translation of which is "falsehood plasterer"

Also, since the devil is called Satan, which likewise means "the opposer," Mephiste could just be a marginal alternative to the literal title of "Antagonist." xd

Mind, I think "slanderer or accuser" fits this antagonist better, but that's the Greek definition of Devil, and not necessarily relevant.

Invisible Millionaire

8,100 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
ilafatyu
Catkid_neo
*gets caught putting down Mephiste's name in the list of people who could possibly be "HE"*

...What? That theory's bound to happen eventually. cat_neutral

I'd almost forgotten about that. xD

~*~

What are you going on about?

~*~

Questionable Mage

Mephiste is that creepy little demon coming out of your heart in Ravenwood Manor.

Green Smoker

21,300 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Bookworm 100
Naramaru
After having a look back at the announcements for the story...
I'm going to guess that he's some sort of immortal being like a demon or a vampire (not the nice sparkling kind either)

I imagine some elaborate plot to do with the princess, he was in love with her and wanted Ciel dead so he could have her for himself but she ended up escaping. So now she's going back to have a show down. Then she either thinks she kills him and he goes into hiding or banishes him for hundreds of years.
When he's finally free to roam again, the princess is long dead and he falls in love with the young girl of Ravenwood manor. So he gains the parents trust and we see how the story goes after that.

So where do we go from here?

I have no idea. Where Ravenwood Manor left off, he is probably roaming the world in search of a new victim. Maybe he's based off of something in myth?

... Too bad the princess was a lesbian. emotion_awesome

Fluff Powerhouse

16,800 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Jack-pot 100
I'm only a follower of the main-plot of gaia and event plots so... pardon me for not knowing who Mephiste is in ANY sense of the word... aside from him having to do with EI's or something. sweatdrop
I do like that there is some bit of plot going on this site though, be it in the form of EI's or what-have-you. ^_^

Sparkly Waffles

I am necroing my thread (and risking the wrath of the moderators) to note that we get to see genderbent girl mephiste (villain of ciel's/rosamund), just as in ravenwood in rose saga, it sounds like a three way love triangle, and her hair and eye are ADORABLE.

It's soooo funny seeing Ravenwood Mephiste as a schoolgirl x3.

-sorry-
-waits for mods to blast me-
-this thread should probably be to discuss him in general nows xD-

O.G. Baller

An Invisible Shapeshifter
I am necroing my thread (and risking the wrath of the moderators) to note that we get to see genderbent girl mephiste (villain of ciel's/rosamund), just as in ravenwood in rose saga, it sounds like a three way love triangle, and her hair and eye are ADORABLE.

It's soooo funny seeing Ravenwood Mephiste as a schoolgirl x3.

-sorry-
-waits for mods to blast me-
-this thread should probably be to discuss him in general nows xD-
dude thank u for making this thread
i wish they made a damn manga for it already

Danzavare's Queen

Otherworldly Dragon

28,650 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Worthy Challenger 25
I think Mephiste has been known as a woman.
I think Mephiste is gender-ambiguous.

I really like them though. and they have awesome items.

Mephiste's story ties in with all the Ciel items and their stories.

Sparkly Waffles

For some reason the bigger 'mystery of mephiste' thread i was strongly encouraged not to post (maybe it's okay to necro it??? someone let me know)...so I'm necroing my own thread (no warning here for some reason) to post my theory given the information regarding all the REIs-
raven, the academy etc, mr. jackadaw.

So I think that "Mephiste" is a raven or bird like demon based on the description of the demon that visited the ylves family in l'historie de Mephiste, & how Mr. Jackadaw looks.

The Demon Mephiste/Mephisto then makes a contract with the family and possesses or uses victims as vessel. So in Ciel, etc to Rose Saga & L'historie de Mephiste, the ylven family makes that trade with the raven like demon, the heir Briar who falls in love breaks the contract and is cursed and possessed by Mephisto and 'becomes' Mephiste. At the end of Rose Saga, Briar's curse is broken, and so is Mephisto's hold over her, and she can love again.

In Ravenwood, I think either Mephisto was the one to try and directly get the souls of the family, or, Mr. Jackadaw (the *****) had a thing for the little girl, and did a deal with the demon Mephisto, not realizing that once Mephisto granted his "heart's desire", Mephisto would take over his body and use it to harvest more souls/get more vessels.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff