Welcome to Gaia! ::

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

i have mine enabled.

Although frequently i think they should make them regular announcements instead of putting stuff just in staff announcements.

It would make a nice break from all the cash gimmes and also would let more ppl who may not know about them in on fun events and info

Wicked Magician

17,025 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Tycoon 200
I have mine turned on, I like keeping up to date with what's going on with the site. I've been a bit out of it this week, though. Had some family business over the weekend and have been playing FFXIV with my wife during our "snow week". biggrin

Super congratualtions to bluealaris! It sounds like you guys have really been listening to the community and I am 100% in support of that. I'm excited to see what this new year brings!

Magical Librarian

51,525 Points
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Winged 100
  • Alchemy Level 10 100

Congrats bluealaris!~

I read the staff notices, usually to keep up with maintenance, freebies, and such, but I do.

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams."

Cake in a Mug's Partner

Congrats bluealaris!
I have them enabled and to be honest see them as the only pertinent info we get from the staff. I've been gone for the past week though so I'm horribly out of the loop.

Hoarding Hoarder

I keep mine enabled. They're more relevant and important than announcements imo.

And congrats to bluealaris! I was always a fan of how much they were into and communicated with the community. Looking forward to good things from them and hopefully a positive year. smile

Cottontail

I'm super excited about bluealaris's new product manager-type appointment. I know at a company like Gaia, EVERYTHING is about product development, so that's got to be one of the most powerful positions. This week has already been pretty positive around Gaia with good user response to changes being implemented by staff (like our long-promised marriage system, woo!), so let's hope this is a continuing trend.

I used to have the Staff Notices disabled a long time ago, when I got the option confused with the ability to turn off announcements. Still wish we had the latter, but I'm glad I figured out the difference all that time ago. Personally, having Staff Notices disabled made me miss out on a lot of stuff I wish I'd known about, so I always read them now.

Surl E Dean's Fangirl

Invisible Lunatic

23,025 Points
  • NPCon Fanatic 500
  • NPCon Attendee 100
I definitely keep staff alerts on. They're always going to be relevant to my experience on Gaia. They're not there to peddle cash shop items and the only time they're mentioned is if there's a billing issue and the like.

I do wish we could have the ability to either turn off announcements or get a huge daily digest of announcements (the way yahoo groups and other sites like that could) so that I could skim over items that I don't want, and my frustration and annoyance at how thirsty Gaia's been is relegated to once a day rather several times a day as I click (as fast as I can) through announcements...

Slick Southpaw's Compadre

Problematic Gunsmith

31,800 Points
  • not released 500
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Chief Technical Officer 500
I have 'em turned on. It's one of those things where I feel like if they're giving you an opportunity to be informed, you oughta take it, haha. Plus, I find that they're very honest in updates like those, because they're still company branded, but they don't need to look too formal or marketed.

I'm excited to see what happens going forward. The order of items in that list says a lot about where staff priorities lie, and I think it's reassuring that so much of the list involves making the site easier/more fun for users. It'll be interesting.

Celestial Spirit

I was also wondering why there wasn't a thread about this since I was curious to see what the reaction was going to be. I like what I've seen of bluealaris so far, so I'm hopeful this is a good thing.

Vicious Brawler

19,975 Points
  • Battle: KO 200
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
Not gonna lie, I have staff notices enabled.

I saw that notice.

I immediately F5'ed GCD like mad looking for someone to rage about bluealaris getting promoted. emotion_awesome

Aside from that, I just like keeping up with Gaia - and staff notices tend to be more informational than sitewide announcements, to put it nicely. Plus, the freebies.

Sweet Glitch

I do have them enable, because it has turned in quickly way to resume Gaia stuff, without images and sometimes with good surprises as has been Bluealaris promotion. Somehow feels refreshing. Then I love to see the outfits some devs create and use.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff