Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Harvester

wrong forum, but I'll bite.

legally, no, the school doesn't have a right to keep the phone indefinitely. however, I think you should leave all of this mess to your friend's parents, as generally the parents have to go and pick up students' items once they're taken. really, it sounds like the whole thing is none of your business.

secondly, your friend is an idiot for cheating and, to be completely honest, got what he deserved.

Bun

he'll get the phone back they cant take it lol
theres no way around his expulsion bc he's an idiot

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Zero the hunter
Ok a few things:
0- Do. Not. Cheat. Ever.
1- Your friend got expelled and you are worrying about the phone? Way to keep your priorities.
2- Should have cooperated, that way the teacher might see a good will and return the phone back after some time.
3- Wrong forum, go to GD not GCD.
4- Ask for the phone back, if they ask for password to check contents of phone just do it. If you want the phone back just cooperate. They will give the phone back when they are done with it. Does it has a cheat and doesn't want to be found out? Well shouldn't have cheated in the first place. You reap what you sow.
Uh, no. I'd be way more worried about my phone than getting expelled, because there's other schools and this sort of thing can always be appealed by parents. A phone is personal property with personal information on it and nobody but you, people you trust and police with proper search permits should be able to have access to that. There is no reason this person should ever fold to demands made by teachers/school authority that don't have the real authority to demand it. It's a gross intrusion of a person's rights to take their property and demand to see the contents of it.

Cheating is stupid, but it pales in comparison to the offense the teachers have made against the student.
Adnama Lavode
Zero the hunter
Ok a few things:
0- Do. Not. Cheat. Ever.
1- Your friend got expelled and you are worrying about the phone? Way to keep your priorities.
2- Should have cooperated, that way the teacher might see a good will and return the phone back after some time.
4- Ask for the phone back, if they ask for password to check contents of phone just do it. If you want the phone back just cooperate. They will give the phone back when they are done with it. Does it has a cheat and doesn't want to be found out? Well shouldn't have cheated in the first place. You reap what you sow.
Uh, no. I'd be way more worried about my phone than getting expelled. A phone is personal property with personal information on it and nobody but you, people you trust and police with proper search permits should be able to have access to that. There is no reason this person should ever fold to demands made by teachers/school authority that don't have the real authority to demand it. It's a gross intrusion of a person's rights to take their property and demand to see the contents of it.

Cheating is stupid, but it pales in comparison to the offense the teachers have made against the student.
It's only a matter of time before we all have to resort to cannibalism. Not because of the snow, but because none of you can be bothered to cook a decent meal!DISGUSTING.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
[NPC] Rordan Gamsey
Adnama Lavode
Zero the hunter
Ok a few things:
0- Do. Not. Cheat. Ever.
Uh, no. I'd be way more worried about my phone than getting expelled. A phone is personal property with personal information on it and nobody but you, people you trust and police with proper search permits should be able to have access to that. There is no reason this person should ever fold to demands made by teachers/school authority that don't have the real authority to demand it. It's a gross intrusion of a person's rights to take their property and demand to see the contents of it.

It's only a matter of time before we all have to resort to cannibalism. Not because of the snow, but because none of you can be bothered to cook a decent meal!DISGUSTING.
Shut up, spambot. You just want to eat babies.

Unholy Spark

42,875 Points
  • Haunting Echo 75
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Wintersday Bard 50
Self Respect
There is this part under Cell Phone Policy, p 22. "The administration reserves the right to examine the contents of cell phones that are confiscated or that are believed to be used in violation of the cell phone policy."

Though that doesn't necessarily mean it's legal, like, with actual laws. Not piddly school "law." Plus if this is the most recent policy they make available to students and parents to agree to (if such a policy contract was signed), it's not even for 2014. You could probably argue the contract is expired.

High-functioning Abomination

24,900 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
they were legally allowed to search the phone but he did not comply. so his cheating infraction was confirmed by denial and he was in violation of another policy by preventing the search. especially since this is a multiple time offender they had good reason to terminate his attendance at the school.
ChrisHemp
they were legally allowed to search the phone but he did not comply. so his cheating infraction was confirmed by denial and he was in violation of another policy by preventing the search. especially since this is a multiple time offender they had good reason to terminate his attendance at the school.
YOU. YOU THERE. FETCH ME A PLATE. If I don't like what's on it, you're out of here.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
ChrisHemp
True but they can't keep his phone.
DYRL
ChrisHemp
Your cooking is so tough that I'm contemplating starting a shoe company, just to give your overcooked meat some kind of purpose.

High-functioning Abomination

24,900 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Winged 100
DYRL
ChrisHemp
it depends. my old high school had it written in their contract that they could confiscate a phone and keep it for up to a month I believe or in some cases the end of the school year. So it all depends on the way their school writes their student contracts. Mine was a public school btw.

Magical Girl

22,575 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Team Jacob 100
ChrisHemp
DYRL
ChrisHemp
it depends. my old high school had it written in their contract that they could confiscate a phone and keep it for up to a month I believe or in some cases the end of the school year. So it all depends on the way their school writes their student contracts. Mine was a public school btw.
Pretty sure that's against the law sweatdrop

Or at least be challenged since I'm sure the school won't pay the monthly phone bill if they kept it that long
DYRL
ChrisHemp
DYRL
ChrisHemp
Pretty sure that's against the law sweatdrop

Or at least be challenged
What's that in your hand, eh? A lump of snow? I'd suppose you'd have me believe it's a snow cone and that's just "Original Flavor."

DrejBringer's Waifu

Nine-tailed Pup

28,525 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100

User ImageUser Image User Image

I'm confused to why people are saying this is the wrong forum, because well I'm noticing you want serious replies rather than bs replies.
Anyways... I don't think they can keep his phone, his parents probably need to go and get it. They can keep if it he's still going there but since they expelled him they can no longer keep it. I'm pretty sure on that...
Also for the people saying wrong forum and THEN saying sarcastic replies you might wanna check the rules again because that means you are at fault too.
Sarcastic, unhelpful, or abusive comments are not permitted since they are examples of flaming. There is no excuse for being rude to somebody, whether they have posted in the wrong forum or are trying to get a reaction out of you.

And yes this means I'm also at fault for getting off topic. Best of luck to you and your friend.
(I know cheating is wrong but if he has a hard time in school like I did I can kinda understand private schools kind of make learning difficult) User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Familiar Poster

Adnama Lavode

You really can't do anything about expulsion. Can you ? I remember there was a girl in my town. She skipped school and forced her school work on other people. Than she had a big temper tantrum at the doughnut shop. Anyways. She got Expelled and never came back to school. I never did she her again. I don't know if she moved or what.

Anyways. The kid is going to go back to that school for at yeast a year. Also you can always get a new cell phone. However. You can't get a new life. If this guy is cheating than he is never going to go places in life.
~Warning story ahead ~
One more thing. My old teachers use to put a bin at the front of the class. You had a choice. Put your cell phone in the bin. Or keep it in your backpack. If you pulled it out during class. The teacher would take it and text the person that the student was texting. They would say something like. "Student A is in class right now. Please do not text him." Or something. However. When it came to tests. They wanted all the phones in the bin.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff