Welcome to Gaia! ::

Relentless Hunter

42,625 Points
  • Unbreakable Bond 150
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Fusion Master 1000
There's a reason I have over 6000 items in my closet. 90% of them aren't worth selling. The other 10% I still wear.

It's hard for me to sell anything that is 5 billion or less. Which is crazy.
I can't even sell stuff that's in the regular shops.
I grew up as someone who takes the small victories, so if I think I can get even 10k more if I wait instead of selling now, I'll wait.
But then I realize I really like the item (I bought it in the first place, right?) and never sell. I suppose that makes me a hoarder, but when you can't really replace what you have that often it makes you cling to those that may give you the most bang for your buck. I tend to not use items for months and then feel like using it, so I make an outfit around it.
Rinse, repeat with different items every time.

I've stalked the MP for days when buying even cheap items so it's no surprise that it takes me longer to decide on selling it, no matter how profitable.

Sarcastic Teammate

Under 1M I usually trash. Between 1M and 500M gets donated, since it might be useful to someone else. Above 500M gets sold.
I've got a bunch of things that I don't like enough to wear, but seem like they are worth more than their market price.

Revered Guardian

26,550 Points
  • Lavishing Romantic 250
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I usually donate that stuff to Dumpster Dive. Someone may find a use for it.

UFO

33,625 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Object of Affection 150
I liquidated my invo a while ago and had the same problem. I would up not listing anything that's worth less than 500m on the market. Everything below 500m, I threw in dumpster dive.

Honestly, I'm completely against "Item Sink" events. There are tons of cheaper items out there that are hard to actually get a hold of. On top of that, it just causes more inflation in a more roundabout manner. Not a significant amount, but a little harm is still harm.

In a relationship with A Fictional Character

Magical Librarian

it's why i do periodic huge invo cleanses and just send trades worth xd

Mega Bit

To me it's crazy that 5b is worth so little to people that they just keep those items forever. Most items I buy for myself are in the 1 - 5b range, and I often wait a long time for what I want to show up. It's a little sad that they are probably collecting dust in someone's invo because they think it's worthless.
For me, if it's less than 500m or so, I'm kinda like ehh do I really want to spend time listing this? But I've found my 20 slots are rarely full, so I might as well list off cheaper things if I have nothing better to sell. It does add up if I am patient about it.

Feral Bibliophile

I'm not overly wealthy in any regards, but if an item is under 1bil, I dumpster dive it. I might not want it, but a newbie might pick it up, sell it, and it helps them save up for something they really want. Even if a newbie doesn't pick it up, someone else's trash is another person's treasure!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff