Welcome to Gaia! ::

4,300 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
OMG i didn't Get online for almost 6 months and i notice the price went up, but not just a little. A LOT!!!! I regret not buying some of the items i wanted when it was cheap crying crying
I am so happy to find this article because I really had no idea about inflation. I been playing for about half a year (started in april) and I would hear older players talking about how the old Gaia was better. I also, saw a couple things on youtube about it. This Article was the best one so far. I understand whats really going on now.

Liberal Smoker

Honestly, I've been on Gaia since 2007 and it's really sad seeing it in the state it is now. I used to make gold by investing, but now it's not even worth it. Like there is no point to playing anymore. I have over 5 billion gold from selling my investments and I still have a ton more to sell, not that it matters. Today I checked the daily chances and got over 35k from it. Gaia doesn't even seem to care about inflation. And every announcement that I ever see when I log on is about some cash item. It's all about pay to play now and it's not even worth it anymore. It sucks because I really loved Gaia back in the day and now I only come on every once in awhile to check the forums.

Noble Prophet

5,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Noble Shade 100
IIwizardeigesII
Vicious Thrasher
Generic Breed
Oh, cool. Another one of these topics.

I wouldn't really dismiss it as "another one of those topics" or "rant" as it just explains the cause of why it's happening with just a few suggestions.

Your concerns are valid however we get threads like these every 15 ish hours or much less and that has been on going for several months. I myself have made several threads.
Gaia doesn't care about you,me or anything related to the site unless it involves cash.
Your heart is in the right place but with these people running the site whom see nothing wrong with the state it's in,all attempts to remotely fix this place are futile and the only thing we can do is refuse to give them money in any form under all circumstances until they get their s**t together. Money is the one and only thing they listen to now so for me personally,I've come to refuse spending money here. If others want change here then I hope they'll stop supporting this place until they start listening to the users that fund them again.

P.s. Thank narumi,the coo,and marketing team for ******** up the site.
I doubt we'll see change unless they all get fired,leave or replaced.
Anyone can get fired at any second really and there actions are not in the best interest for a business that wants to be a sustainable business.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to realize they're slowly killing this place.
They offer little to nothing to new usersso they won't be getting new buyers to enter the cash shop much and a lot of the current users are getting fed up with everything that's going on.

gaia_diamond Very, VERY late but the perfect explanation for everything going on here @ wizardeiges. I too am becoming absolutely fed up with all of this, and have also not spent money on the site anymore. Again, I couldn't have said it better myself! gaia_diamond
I think they should just stop the whole gold generator thing. It's ruining everything. Suddenly they just want people to be spending more and more real money on GCash.

Dedicated Entrepreneur

17,025 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Misu Sakura
If Gaia never would have introduced Gaia Cash in addition to the new marketplace setup.. things wouldn't be this way If they simple offered more ways to earn Gold.. such as creating "jobs" or something along those lines. Inflation would increase naturally. we wouldn't have any of this artificial inflation.. Im a veteran, I've been on here since 2004 and I recently started signing back on.I was inactive for a pretty long time. and yes my worth has risen a decent amount since.. but how much of that worth is artificial and how much is really accurate? Once gaia made all the changes, I lost interest a bit.. in addition to getting caught up in real life. It really is such a shame. Its nothing like it used to be.

Agreed. I've been here since 2003, and I have whiplash from how much things have changed in so little time.

3,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
It's October, and things are worse than ever. I haven't been on since April because, like everyone said, I refuse to support this game any longer until they start hearing us out.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff