Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

The average Gaia user is...

Generally decent, polite, helpful, etc. 0.22222222222222 22.2% [ 68 ]
More often okay, but still notably bad at times. 0.51960784313725 52.0% [ 159 ]
Mostly bad, but sometimes at the very least TOLERABLE 0.14705882352941 14.7% [ 45 ]
Very rude, selfish, annoying, etc. 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 34 ]
Total Votes:[ 306 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Omnipresent Loiterer

I've come to the conclusion that we're all assholes and we just tend to get along with the same type of assholes and call them friends.

But really that's life in general.
Now and then you'll get an actually legitimately nice person who blows through but then they go off to become something.

Inquisitive Bibliophile

There are loads of awesome people on this site that deserve all the good things forever. And then there are loads of whiny, entitled brats who need a boot up their rear. The problem is that the whiny, entitled brats also tend to be really loud and annoying and a lot of the awesome people, you have to find them and get to know them to realize how amazing they are.

And you know, no matter how witty or clever someone may be--there are pretty much moments I'd like to smack just about everyone upside the head with a rolled up newspaper. ^_^;

Slumbering Tengu

I like to be that generally optimistic person who can find good in about anyone
even if one or two things about a person piss me off I can generally look past it
I guess first impressions really make a big impact on me though but they're not absolute
I make sure to stay on people's good side though and intend to be as nice as I can be
because I find that whole "internet tough guy" act to be incredibly childish
Hey why can't we all just get along? ;v;

Then again I don't hang around too many places outside the GCD to get a larger scope of folks

Time-traveling Senshi

What someone thinks of other Gaians is totally affected by where they go on the site. If you ask someone who goes to Lifestyle Discussion a lot this question and then ask the same question to people in Sports or here in the GCD you'll get two totally different answers. I think that's important to take into account. As someone who's mostly in the GCD and SF with the occasional treks into Sports, Politics, Site Q&A, Computers & Technology, and Avatar Talk, I've come across people who are generally helpful and good to talk with but can be direct, to the point, and tell it like it is when need be. Yes, there will be people out there with the attitude that they're always right and everyone else is always wrong but that's widely outnumbered by the people who are just here to chat and have fun.

That's what I run across more than anything else, people who just want to chat and have fun. The way I see people depends on the individual interactions I have with each person I come across. Seven times out of ten, the people I run across on Gaia are pretty laid back and fun to chat with. There are those small handful of people, however, that act like they have something to prove to people online and they can be frustrating at times. I try not to let them get under my skin and end up rolling my eyes at them and how they feel they have to act online. For the most part, I have the attitude of where I let you do your thing and hopefully you'll let me do mine and should we ever cross paths we shouldn't be at each other's throats over something.

Tricky Cat

I hate people with obnoxious forum styles.
I hate annoying people
I hate people who cant spell/

Magic Hobo

Gaians are, fundamentally, people. People cover a wide range of personalities, from A+ quality human beings to tolerable to complete shitlord. This site is goddamn diverse, and encompasses just about every type of person to some extent.

Sometimes it feels a little like high school, except I was more popular in high school.

Stone-cold Cat

20,840 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Citizen 200
I don't have any problems with the average gaian but there are a few who i do not particularly like, because i think they are jerks.
There are also others who greatly dislike me for various reasons but most of them wont tell me why they suddenly decide to delete me from his or her friendslist or block me when i thought we were good friends.
So idk what i'm doing to make them hate me o.-

Determined Trash

51,950 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
I'm generally pretty content with the people I see when I lurk around. I've gotten into a few... heated discussions... in SF in the past but it was usually people who were being negative with everyone, not just me.

So yes, I've felt pretty accepted the little times I post, and that's all I could really ask for. In the virtual world however, if I dress in a way that's not "acceptable" I've met some really nasty people. That's why I stick to GCD mostly.
Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

Except you ones that suck. Those guys, I hate.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
i love your avis heart

Angelic Nitemare

Sub-Zero Dusk
Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
i love your avis heart

Well, thank you! But let us stay on topic for a bit.

Do you like other Gaians, or do you dislike them?
Ridley Starsmore
Sub-Zero Dusk
Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.
i love your avis heart

Well, thank you! But let us stay on topic for a bit.

Do you like other Gaians, or do you dislike them?
not interested in the topic, but if i had to say.. its mostly -dislike-

Sparkling Transmutator

Besides Sifen Yamishi and their significant other who I met at A-fest last year (which was a delightful experience), I have only held a conversation with one other Gaian offline. That other Gaian... decided it was socially acceptable to beg me for items while we were both sitting in at the GaiaOnline panel at A-Kon in 2011. Not a pleasant memory.

The only good part about that experience was winning a little prize due to my ugly little Death Note wallet and DJ Hellsing answering (or acknowledging) my question about the future of EIs.

Anyways, when it comes to online Gaians, I adore you guys. Of course there are a few I have butt heads with over the years, but overall I adore everyone in the GCD. I haven't had much contact with users outside the GCD, so I can't give my opinion on them.

Alien Visionary

19,800 Points
  • Married 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Supreme Supporter 500
Everyone hates me so that's pretty much how it works I suppose.

I like pretty much everyone.

Mysterious Trickster

Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

emotion_kirakira

Winter; You should come to NYCC. It'll be a blast hanging out with me. emotion_brofist

/thread; There are a lot of Gaian I really enjoy talking to. Others, not so much. XD

Perfect Pumpkin

Kain-Senpai
Ridley Starsmore
I love all you guys.

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE.

emotion_kirakira

Winter; You should come to NYCC. It'll be a blast hanging out with me. emotion_brofist

/thread; There are a lot of Gaian I really enjoy talking to. Others, not so much. XD
=Scratches chin for a bit=

New York City..... Castle?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas