< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Shiro Nishida
Beast Henshin

Yes, but which makes you look like more of an a**? Or moreso in his case, I suppose.
Though I guess since he's such a "troll" I suppose he wouldn't care.

But considering the riot his one item caused, I doubt they'd be willing to accept yet another "troll" item. I'm just gonna chalk this one up to they had an off day and it managed to slip by.

As for the rest of the thread, on the off-chance, can we NOT give him any ideas. Please and thanks. Rather, make sure I grab a ticket~

He did it as a form of Satire. It is clearly evident Gaians no longer understand satire, nor want to even TRY to "get" satire by creating an item which is a troll item. However, Gaia has a history of releasing troll items in the past before. Buckteeth and Fat Guy shirts come to mind. Internet Memes as well. This is just one more of those.

The riot you're talking about? nah, not happened. In fact it has sold over 500 items in under 24 hours. This means his item is a resounding success for Gaia economically speaking. Part of the community doesnt like it? that's perfectly fine. I think of it as an interestingly low brow talking piece. I find it funny. I like it because it's funny, and I appreciate it when people say its good or bad. It may not be an item all people wear, but as Satire, it's excellent and pokes fun at normalcy.

Well jeeze, I didn't realize it was so intelligent.

Who or what is he satirizing? Himself? That doesn't change the argument that this is nothing but gross egotism, does it? People who wanted a ticket to possibly would have made "knock off poses?" Doesn't that technically go back to him? And we're back at square one. Also given he owns a custom doll, I think we go straight back to narcissism.

Comedy is great, but it's super when everyone's in on the joke. In-jokes are only funny to those who get it, and he happened to try this one on about 200K some people. Otherise it comes off as juvenile and a waste of an opportunity. (Not to mention talent, considering all it was was copy-paste his face on pre existing items with slight variation)

And the unfortunate mild success of it, only netted about $2,300. Given the grand scheme of it all, that's just a slightly heftier drop of water in a bucket.

Also, why do you consider buck teeth and fatty troll items? Because trolls tend to gravitate towards them? Doesn't that also argue that this shouldn't have been okayed?

Cluttered Gaian

WE HAVE LITERALLY THREE OF THESE THREADS. REGARDLESS OF YOUR FEELINGS ON THE ITEM, IS THAT NECESSARY??

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
Sweatpants Princess
WE HAVE LITERALLY THREE OF THESE THREADS. REGARDLESS OF YOUR FEELINGS ON THE ITEM, IS THAT NECESSARY??

This too; sooner it's out of sight the better I say.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I wouldn't buy it.

lol.

Wistful Dreamer

No, I don't want to wear someone else's avatar. Especially when it's a really ugly avatar, and with obnoxious poses at that

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Beast Henshin
Yes, but which makes you look like more of an a**? Or moreso in his case, I suppose.

But considering the riot his one item caused, I doubt they'd be willing to accept yet another "troll" item. I'm just gonna chalk this one up to they had an off day and it managed to slip by.

As for the rest of the thread, on the off-chance, can we NOT give him any ideas. Please and thanks. Rather, make sure I grab a ticket~

Why not make an item that pumps up your own ego? The point of the ticket is that you can make whatever you want. If someone won the ticket and wanted all six poses to be cat butts in different angles, then good on them.

If you're going to do this, why not have fun? There's no rule against it. Nor should there be. If Gaia wanted to filter to make things sellable then that completely defeats the point of being able to create your own item.

Like seriously, what's wrong with all of you? There's not even any reason to be mad.

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
sweatdrop Am I the only one missing the humor of this items? Is this guy an old gaian mascot or what?

Big Member

20,000 Points
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Magical Girl 50
AKB0048
Beast Henshin

Why not make an item that pumps up your own ego? The point of the ticket is that you can make whatever you want. If someone won the ticket and wanted all six poses to be cat butts in different angles, then good on them.

If you're going to do this, why not have fun? There's no rule against it. Nor should there be. If Gaia wanted to filter to make things sellable then that completely defeats the point of being able to create your own item.

Like seriously, what's wrong with all of you? There's not even any reason to be mad.

There's a difference between having fun and being obnoxious.

BRAIN just happens to have lost that line as he soars out of the solar system.

Handsome Shounen

17,150 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Hotblooded Hero 50
Beast Henshin
There's a difference between having fun and being obnoxious.

BRAIN just happens to have lost that line as he soars out of the solar system.

What exactly is that difference? He got the ticket fair and square. He didn't cheat or hurt anyone. He got the ticket because he wanted to make an item entirely dedicated to himself. Why not?

Stubborn Gifter

August Star Of Heaven
sweatdrop Am I the only one missing the humor of this items? Is this guy an old gaian mascot or what?

No. He's just another Gaian who wants his fifteen minutes of fame (or in this case, wants to be immortal in Gaia.)

Alien Elder

27,440 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Candy Massacre 50
Jisen Meizuki
August Star Of Heaven

No. He's just another Gaian who wants his fifteen minutes of fame (or in this case, wants to be immortal in Gaia.)

Ah ok...I thought he's a prototype of Diedrich. xd I don't like to see him anywhere too.

Sleuth

But the rules say they can't copy existing items

Stubborn Gifter

Parieur
But the rules say they can't copy existing items

Only if the items are 100% exact copy. And although BRAIN's item is copy-pasted, it's not really 100% copy on any of the existing items since his face is all over it. sweatdrop

Devoted Husband

this'll keep happening as long as we reward this type of selfishness and arrogance

and we will

because I swear to god 90% of this website is made up of chumps

w/e, peace out

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out