Welcome to Gaia! ::

Let me begin by adding, that has nothing to do with Gaia Gold or Gaia Cash.

I'm actually curious as to the website itself, what people would like to see change or be released in the future. It could be very small, or large scale, just about what people are wishing to see happen. That and I'm extremely interested in any talk and pondering that has nothing to do with the current issues on hand. That cycle has been going on for years. I'll not discuss it further.

For myself, I'd actually really like to see an option to remove items from your wishlist once you've purchased said item from the marketplace. Often times I forget to remove what I've recently bought from my own wishlist and when I go to clean it out, well by then I can't remember if I've gotten some items or not.

So then, what little idea or thought has crossed your mind that you think would benefit Gaia, or that you would like to see happen one day?

Loiterer

When you "view equipped items" on someone else's avatar, it'd be nice if it showed the pose that user was using, similar to how it does in your own inventory.

Trying to figure out what pose is coming from what item when the item thumbnail is completely different from the poses it offers can be pretty time-intensive, sometimes.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I would like the phone app to be a little more user friendly. Haven't got a nice computer to use so I use my phone. I just want to play the games and go in towns. It's not possible on the app yet. If gaia had a super awesome android app I think it would help keep some people interested in staying.
Bornes
Gosh, that is a really good idea! I'd love to see this happen too. This would end up being extremely helpful on items with such large amounts of pose options, and with avatars that are fairly cluttered so you could sift through all of it to find exactly, and specifically, what you're looking for that is equipped.

Loiterer

Yoyo Illuser
Thanks.

Another idea I had, though I know a lot of users wouldn't like it, is that they would charge you (gold) to make your equipped list hidden. I personally hate how everyone has that list hidden. But in compromise, some sort of tax would be efficient. Similar to the outfit slots.

So maybe it's free to hide first 5 items or something, and then if you are wearing more than that, pay some gold. It'd probably be a nightmare to code, though.
MadamOvary
I actually have a fairly crappy phone, so I'm not particularly knowledgeable about Gaia's options for phones exactly, but from your experiences I'd have to say that updating what can be done on phones sounds like a very good idea. More options and choices for the users that are on alternative devices besides a computer would really benefit everyone.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Yoyo Illuser
Bornes
Gosh, that is a really good idea! I'd love to see this happen too. This would end up being extremely helpful on items with such large amounts of pose options, and with avatars that are fairly cluttered so you could sift through all of it to find exactly, and specifically, what you're looking for that is equipped.
it's a very smart way to figure things out.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Bornes
Yoyo Illuser
Thanks.

Another idea I had, though I know a lot of users wouldn't like it, is that they would charge you (gold) to make your equipped list hidden. I personally hate how everyone has that list hidden. But in compromise, some sort of tax would be efficient. Similar to the outfit slots.

So maybe it's free to hide first 5 items or something, and then if you are wearing more than that, pay some gold. It'd probably be a nightmare to code, though.
I don't understand why some users want their items hidden. It's like everyone has access to know what items are on the site but if you can't see it and can't figure it out why not be able to see what the person is wearing.
Bornes
Slightly hoping to stem away from Gold/Cash talk because of how heavy it is currently, but it is fairly difficult to see what someone is wearing or to decipher what items are being used when you can't check their equip list, that I get. I can understand for some though as to why they do it, an example being myself quite awhile ago was when someone took my avatar design and then won a avatar spotlight moment with it...*Sighs*

But, returning to your thought. I wouldn't mind having it be a possible option in the future. It certainly wouldn't be a very expensive option, and it would possibly allow people to think how much would they really want to hide what items they're wearing or not.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Very good point. I'd be pretty peeved if someone stole my avatar. No matter how poopy it looks right now. Hard to get at on the phone. I just like purple.

Tiny Inquisitor

I would like the ability to 'turn off user post styles' so that way if there's a font that I can't read, I don't have to copy/paste it into notepad to read what that user is writing... sweatdrop

I think the popup for achievements could be tweaked so it lags chrome less when it pops up, maybe have an option to tip a single post a total of 3 times instead of just the one time.

Tiny Inquisitor

MadamOvary
I don't understand why some users want their items hidden. It's like everyone has access to know what items are on the site but if you can't see it and can't figure it out why not be able to see what the person is wearing.

Or you could, you know, just send the user a PM asking what x item is.

I do that quite a lot, and always have received polite answers.

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
I'd like to be able to tip and subscribe to threads in guilds.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
I would have to say that people I've asked what they were wearing weren't too keen on giving it up. Most of the community here are very nice but there are a certain few who are secretive.

Hygienic Fatcat

9,150 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Regular 100
Jeffrey M Roth
I would like the ability to 'turn off user post styles' so that way if there's a font that I can't read, I don't have to copy/paste it into notepad to read what that user is writing... sweatdrop

I think the popup for achievements could be tweaked so it lags chrome less when it pops up, maybe have an option to tip a single post a total of 3 times instead of just the one time.
sometimes a post definitely needs more than one tip!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff