Welcome to Gaia! ::

Handsome Destroyer

Madam Ace
But I think some of the users complained how it kept deflating their value and discouraged people from buying the direct to Cash Shop recolors since "it's gonna show up in the next deflation RIG anyways, why bother"

Yet the bolded is still happening—albeit the price deflation is generally less drastic because these new RIGs introduce fewer copies into the market. Arlette hasn't updated the Autumn Trunk list (...did somebody else make another? maybe I should check guides) but even from the little that's listed...

gaia_diamond Legless Method is from September 7.
gaia_diamond Portrait of a Welsh Deer is from September 17.
gaia_diamond Resilient Reverie is from September 21.
gaia_diamond Boundary Scout is from September 29; not even two weeks ago.

There are probably more but looking this stuff up isn't fun so I'm gonna peace out. The lack of complaints about the aforementioned items is interesting to me. I wonder if they're specifically re-releasing items that didn't sell well in CS...

minghii's Compadre

Sexy Bun

Rikki Hyperion
Madam Ace
But I think some of the users complained how it kept deflating their value and discouraged people from buying the direct to Cash Shop recolors since "it's gonna show up in the next deflation RIG anyways, why bother"

Yet the bolded is still happening—albeit the price deflation is generally less drastic because these new RIGs introduce fewer copies into the market. Arlette hasn't updated the Autumn Trunk list (...did somebody else make another? maybe I should check guides) but even from the little that's listed...

gaia_diamond Legless Method is from September 7.
gaia_diamond Portrait of a Welsh Deer is from September 17th.
gaia_diamond Resilient Reverie is from September 21.
gaia_diamond Boundary Scout is from September 29; not even two weeks old.

There are probably more but looking this stuff up isn't fun so I'm gonna peace out. The lack of complaints about the aforementioned items is interesting to me. I wonder if they're specifically re-releasing items that didn't sell well in CS...

Those probably didn't sell well.
Those items you listed have niche appeal, colors that appeal to few people not everyone or just animal items in general. (All the paws items I have came from RIG wins, never bought one.)
The newer RIGs don't appeal to me that much because of that. Their item selections are very...underwhelming.
I remember the old deflation RIGs having such a widespread of highly coveted items like backwings, old MCs, popular items like the the Princess of ___ and Beyonds. And they always had a tiny chance at a Halo too.

Holocause's Pardner

Anxious Wyvern

20,465 Points
  • Master Slayer 200
  • Dragon Uprising 75
  • Dragon Master 50
The only problem I had with the 100 item RIGs was that the didn't entirely/mostly switch out the items with each new one :u
It just became really samey really quickly.
Plus gaia seemed to /love/ putting nearly every item I owned at the time in them so my invo worth went down sooo much OTL

Aizen Kami's Waifu

Princess Healer

50,700 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Storybook Royalty 500
  • Cosmic Healer 200
I would love more 100 bundle items rigs. I enjoyed buying and playing them. I don't care about account worth.

lots of items>account worth
Any day.

Although, I do believe that if there were to be any large item rigs in the future, the item pool should be updated with fresh new items. No more Beyond Browns or Stellar Nights please. talk2hand

Tiny Friend

I MISS THEM SO MUCH. They were great because they
introduced a lot of items I have never seen or heard of.
Not only that, they replenished the supply, there are so many items
with very little or no listings. I really wished they'd come back.

And the 100 item Project RIGs? Those were the only ones I bought
because then at least it was kind of fun while trying to pull a ticket.
Now it's just very bleh and not thrilling at all. emotion_donotwant

The only thing is they hurt my impulse buying. dramallama

Stellar Succubus

I miss those so much!

It was the same as when overseer would give away good ei's for happy tanks.

Fluffy Trickster

I miss them a lot, mostly, I miss being able to go on shopping spree.
it will be good if they don't rerelease item that has been rereleased often and more item from recent RIG

I like them when they deflate item in marketplace also allowing more people chance to get the said item.
it help stabilize the price of item by making them more common and so people don't monopolize the item.

Fashionable Guildswoman

25,825 Points
  • Married 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Brilliant Light 450
At this point in time, the economy is so muffed up I really don't see how having these RIG's would be a bad thing.
Having them back would kill so much inflation. D:
It would be such a good thing, if Gaia would start switching form gold gens to item gens everything would just be so much better.

I really wish these RIG's would make a comeback.

Trash Vampire

Yeah I miss seeing ungodly expensive items nosedive hard thanks to cheap 100packs. Please Gaia. More of the thing. I just want to buy everything but I am only a small chicken nugget.

Bookworm

Do you miss cheaper 100 item RIGs? I sure do! It was nice being able to add things to my inventory without draining what little gold I had. c:

Did you used to buy them when they were available? Sadly no. Had no cash to buy, and I generally don't buy RIGs with gold since you tend to lose more than you gain.

Did the item rigs help you get items you never thought you'd be able to get? Oh, yes! Valkyrian Dragoon, Nefarious Queen, Rapturous Union, Chuchip's Blessing to name a few. All out of my reach until those RIGs came along. c;

Do cheaper item RIGs hurt or help in the current economy, do you think? I think they help, since they help increase the supply of various items, though some hated them because of investments/account worth.

Would you prefer GGs or RIGs? RIGs. Even if I couldn't play, it was always nice seeing what was in them, especially if they were items I never even heard before. o.o Even better? If they dropped like rocks so that I can actually play with them.

Slightly unrelated, but I miss when those cheap re-release bundles actually made a difference too. :c
Yesss, I miss those a lot! I bought, uh...a lot of those. I kept some records of what I got from them in a spreadsheet, but I don't really dare to look back on it now. rofl

I definitely picked up some awesome items that I previously didn't think I could afford, like old MCs, or rare recolors, etc.

Well...I'm sure they hurt item value somewhat, depending on the items, but I don't mind that because then I can get those things cheaper since they deflated. I guess as someone who hoards items mostly for keeps, I don't mind if the value went down.

YES RIGs. Down with GGs. gonk

Mega Bit

I loved them so much. They were like an amazing gift to a non-cash buyer like me. I never cared if things I already owned deflated. It gave me a great chance to increase my invo size, my invo has never grown so fast either before or after.

There are so many items that are practically permanently at zero listings. They should re-release them. It's a shame that there are barely any units in existence for people to wear.

King Noob

- - -
Man. I miss the Projects so much.
Even without the tickets, they were good. I would have bought them still.
But I also do think there should be more limits on supply of items.
The limited-ness, the exclusivity of items is one of the key things that makes having certain items satisfying. If everybody had everything, this place would be a whole lot more boring.
So i'm fine with them not making those mass-deflation RIGs so much anymore.
Still, they could stand to release some every now and then...
- - -

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces