Welcome to Gaia! ::

Versatile Healer

Caleb shook his head. "Demi-gods. Well, probably I should build a shrine or something." chuckling he wiped the bar counter clean. He has had fought demi-gods before. He did recently fight against an elder god, and won (however the strength now of that god made him wonder if it was a relatively young one). "In any case, demi-gods, demons, angels, wizards, warriors, kings, mythical creatures...it don't matter to me who are my customers. Let them come, unless they mean trouble. Then, they would answer to me." He called out a golem-sized familiar, and then pointed at the firepit. "We need more wood for the fire. There's a chill going on now, and it is not from Nightmare." With that, the familiar went to its duties, chopping wood.
As he waited, Caleb looked at the firepit, his golden fox tail swaying lazily behind him. He wasn't afraid of facing gods again. What he was worried about was Garm. Not even gods could stop his schemes and desires. The recent calm has been keeping him on edge.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
Alright, Night. I'll be down in a bit.

Scarlet gave a light huff and rocked around a little, until the hat she was in fell from Hriob's head, and onto the floor. There, her head laid within the had for a moment, before she started to wiggle and grunt. Meanwhile, within the upstairs hallway, a writhing mass of snake tail began to slide up and disappear into thin air.Scarlet struggled for a moment, but somehow managed to slide herself through her hat, but after she'd done so, the hat was in need of repairs.

"Aww... and that was a favored hat of mine... oh well. How's things been, Night?"
Life: Death...Why does everyone love me...but they all hate you?

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Seeing Scarlet suddenly appear once more made Iffy jump. With a yip like scream she tumbled over faintly catching her footings and holding onto her stool. One could truly tell she was sheltered. When she heard Caleb's remark however she straightened up. She zoned out, looking down at her hands silently for a few minutes. Finally with a faint smirk on her face Life looked to him, speaking up softly, "I was not kind to you was I?" With that she turned to sit by the fire, her white curls catching the orange of the flames.

Deya upstairs opened the door to their room and it was a black pit, going down endlessly. She dropped the key and stumbled back one hand over her mouth. The thought made her body cringe. "Right, magic...imagination, well this is what the inside of my head is like old man, I hope you're happy...everything I touch falls dead at my feet, why would your magic key be any different, I was stupid to take it..." She closes the door picking up the key and placing it in her pocket.

Sitting in front of the door her back leaned up against it she let her head slunk down onto her knees the exact same moment Iffy put her head on the back of the couch. At the exact same moment the two let out a long sigh. They were already frustrated with this world. Everything they had known here had changed and they were falling over one another to keep up. "What did we do?" they said their eyes closing from exhaustion.

IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII

Death: It's because you're a Beautiful lie......and I'm a Painful truth...

Widower

Lonely Sage

21,675 Points
  • Space Blob Recruit 50
  • 50 Wins 150
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Hriob wasn't as attuned to the Tavern as Caleb was, since he hadn't formed it, but his experience here let him use his sensitivity to souls and energy to sense through the walls most of the time...

"...oh, great, they made an abyss instead of a room... perhaps I should help them..."

With the air of someone who couldn't tell if the scene he was witnessing was supposed to be funny or not, he teleports to the doorway as they start to fall, and with a bit of strain on his face and a snap of his fingers the two demigoddesses fall into a sudden rift and instead of the abyss, fall on a pair of cushioned oak in warmly fire-lit room with warm, oaken floors and cool, grey stone walls. A pot of Earl Grey in fine china had just finished steeping, and there were lightly sugared cookies there on a plate next to the cups. Before them was a Fireplace, large but plain and giving off heat and light, but behind them was a large, wall-dominating set of bookshelves, filled with tomes and gems and ore samples and weapons from many different realms... the trophy wall of a traveler and a scholar. Off in the background under the window, a recessed staircase leads to a bedroom and workshop, as well as a hidden safe...

Walking into his room after they had a moment to get used to it, the Demigoddesses' waiter holds in a small sigh and bows ever so slightly from the waist to the two. "Perhaps you should just sit down for a bit, and tell me if you need help with your room... I'll admit most are not so troubled with their key as you have been..."

The mage was very much aware of who the two were by now, having studied them long enough; given his own harsh life at the hands of Life and Death, he had a Defiant Respect for the one and for the other he had a Respectful Defiance. Typically though even the most crazy, the most scarred, the most twisted and powerful of entities had no difficulty with the key, simple focus with a mental image was all that was needed... if they tried for a room and only got a bottomless pit, either they weren't trying to do as they needed to in order to use the key... or they had more subtle problems than simply having arrogant young demigods on their trail...
Life: Death...Why does everyone love me...but they all hate you?

The girls definitely were not expecting to having been teleported anywhere. When Hriob walked in Iffy was still a bit dizzy but Deya sprung up already very much alert her light blue eyes a marble black her hair flaring like a torn, wispy flag in a hazy wind. "What's the big idea" she said clenching her fists her stance hostile. Feeling the dark waves of energy bounding off Deya Iffy's Hazel eyes went a bright white and her hand wiped out grabbing Death's arm. "Stop it!" Iffy shouted loud, being way out of character. They stood there for a minute, Deya's eyes wanting to burn holes through the back of Hriob's eye lids. She felt completely out of control, and that made her very, very angry.

"You can not lash out at anyone here, you would never be able to live with yourself knowing you have killed someone once again for no apparent reason" Iffy said, her eyes shadowed by her bangs, her body hunched over as her one arm was outstretched, holding onto Death's arm so hard her already pale knuckles were white. If one would view both stances the girls held they'd realize both were trained in intensive hand to hand combat. The Creator took his time preparing every single one of his disciples to be properly prepared for anything.

Speaking of anything, a few days distance away a massive crack of thunder sent three cloaked figures down onto this realm. The winds around them blew the hoods off, revealing Dizzy and Red their eyes stern, cold and murderous. However the thirds face was covered still. Red turned to Jester, "God I forgot how much this world sucks, look how fragile everything is it's so stupid!" he shouted throwing his arm back and upon impact broke the thick oak to his left in half. As the tree tumbled down with a rumble birds flapped away frantically. "Everything here gets on my nerves" he said gripping his nun-chucks tighter. Being that he was Frustration dealing with his own was a constant struggle. Just imagine what Anger was like.

Dizzy looking over his shoulder put his hands in his pocket and looking off in the distance opened his mouth to speak. Red gave him his full attention, waiting for something relaxed and cool to come forth to give them the push they needed to fight their big sisters. With an intake of breath Dizzy spoke up, his face suddenly changing, "Where are we again?" Red almost fell over, "Dammit Dizzy honestly you're so irritating sometimes! why are you so lame!" Dizzy turned on a dim his palms starting to spark up with white electricity, "Say that again" Red scoffed in his head, This guy has some serious issues. As they leaned in forehead to forehead angrily Jester started to chuckle creepily and they instantly stopped, a chill running up their spins. Straightening up the third member of this three man freak show grinned a massive grin his shoulders shaking from controlled laughter. "This should be very, very interesting..."

Taking a deep breath Deya loosened up and Iffy let her go. In her hands place was a glowing hand print. Slightly wincing in pain she let herself plop back down in her given seat. Iffy sighed slowly and sat diligently, "I had to, it was the only way you would stop" Deya rolled her eyes faintly crossing her arms to take a quick intake of breath when running her arm against the hand print and place them on the arms of the chair instead. "You gave me a mark of resurrection you know how much that damn well hurts, you know my body can't take intense physical contact with yours" Death said with a grumbling tone rubbing her now light blue eyes. "You needed to calm down, now...Mister serving human, why have you brought us here, where are we per say?" Life said smiling kindly to the man. Deya sucked her teeth faintly before glaring up at him,"So what your stupid magic doesn't work I didn't expect it to" Iffy then understood what Hriob had meant about key and it not working, "Oh, I see now...Deya can not use the key because like everything magic has a life force of sorts...upon contact Deya kills anything with any type of life force..." A cold chill seemed to come from Deya as she slouched farther into her chair, wanting nothing more then to get away.

Death: It's because you're a Beautiful lie......and I'm a Painful truth...

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Nightmare smiled kindly to the Shapshifter for a moment before letting out a saddened sigh, "It's been a bit shaky around here lately. My baby sister kind of fell off her rocker, she let the Black Ice that surrounded her soul to consume it to get a hold of her power. As an Ice Carver I can't say I'm proud of how she handled things...even as young as she was she should have known it was the wrong thing to do, just thinking about it I get a sickening feeling. I can only imagine how hard it would have been for her" Holding her stomach she then let herself brighten up, "In better news though Hriob and I are going to have triplets soon! I'm excited just thinking about it, their souls are all so beautiful it's incredible to be bearing all three of them. We have two darling boys and one gorgeous little girl...I can't wait to hold them in my arms"

Her glowing cyan eyes held a strong sense of love, her snow white hands resting softly as she felt their hearts pounding. "Speaking of little sister I have to go upstairs and help Sam put her to bed, If you would care to join me in my observatory once all is said and done I will have coffee waiting for you, I want you to tell me of your recent adventures!"

With that Night walked passed Caleb and the Dragon Child resting her head on the counter up the stairs to her room. Opening the door she realized that the main floor's fire had been snuffed out. As she walked passed it to the stair cases leading to her bedroom the logs sparked and a new, hotter flame sprung up, its orangy light illuminating the area around it considerably. In her room She saw Misery climbing into her covers and Night chuckled. Picking up the little girl she clung to her big sister as Night moved the sheets to about half way and flopped Misery down gently. As the little girl wiggled herself in her big sister put the covers over her and tucked her in the way she usually is.

Sitting at the side of Misery's bed she looked down at her little sister. Misery stared on what looked like endlessly as Night stroked the side of her face. Slowly the soon to be nine year old closed her eyes and Nightmare kissed her forehead. "Thank you Sam" she said patting his head, rustling his hair. While walking back downstairs she sent a message to Hriob through the engagement ring she wore on her finger. Her voice was soft and soothing, the tone able to caress the one who hears it, Be careful with those two, they seem to be hiding a lot still and they seem unbelievably on edge, it's best not to let your guard down okay.

Walking back down onto the main floor she went to grab the pot of coffee she had over the fire but as she passed the couch she saw Xavier suddenly sitting there, a glass of whiskey on the coffee table. She smiled, "My my, what are you doing up already? I thought you would have at least avoided the alcohol a little longer" The vampire kept his eyes on the fireplace, not saying anything. "I take it something is bothering you Xavier" she said with a clear of her throat. Catching his name he shook his head faintly and his crimson eyes fell to her. "Oh Night" he said softly, "I didn't see you there" Night chuckled taking the coffee pot away from the fire, "I can see that, I see our newest guests have you two on edge"

Xavier's eyes seemed puffy and red, from exhaustion and most likely a bad headache, "It takes only a few moments in the presence of death to question your own immortality, and your sanity...how it's power is allowed to twist and break people without explanation before drifting off, leaving behind all these thoughts that wander through your mind endlessly for day...it's maddening..." He crossed his arms and leaned into where the arm of the couch connects to the back. Pouring some coffee into two mugs Night stirred two sugar cubes into her own and as they dissolved she poured in a little cool milk. Taking the mug gingerly in her hand she walked to the fireplace as it crackled, "Yes yes darling, endless if only you let it...Deya isn't exactly a basket full of roses but Iffy is her main concern as well as insuring her safety. Worrying about her presence won't get you boys anywhere"

Xavier sighed, rubbing his eyes beneath his black framed glasses, "She possess mortifying powers Night, she can't -" "Powers she's given up Xavier now please, stop worrying yourself over something so petty" she interrupted her eyebrows raised due to her herself worrying how this is effecting him. The vampire sat up and grabbing his glass of cool Whiskey he swigs it back placing the glass back down with a low clink. "Right, you're right......I'm sorry, I'm just a little uneasy she's......-" "Scary...I know, It'll be alright Xavier, promise" The boy smiled softly, his dark red eyes showing such gentle compassion towards Nightmare, "Yeah......Thanks" She chuckled with a soft sigh and walked over to him, placing her thin hand onto his shoulder. He held it there for a moment before she padded it gently and took her and Scarlet's coffee upstairs to her observatory to the company of her books.

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
"I'll take you up on that offer, Night. After all, such news from you only warrants me to share a few stories as well. As for the coffee...." Scarlet's short muzzle curled up into an elated smile, while her tail wagged happily, like a dog's. "Maybe. This cat's got enough energy to last through a few more lives if I'm not on my last one already. Plus, it's been a long time since I've had coffee, so I'm not sure how I'd exactly... react to it. But still, someone's lucky, since they're going to have a few more kits~"

As the feline-snake hybrid sat behind the counter, a passing idea crossed her mind for a moment, before she realized that she needed to settle down for a moment. So, with a slight sway in her slither, the happy cat-snake moved over toward the pit in the middle of the lobby area, where the fire roared with life. Her happiness was only paired with the small chill that ran down her spine as she entered the flames, turning the orange flames into a purple and indigo hue.

First things first, I need warmth... friggin' cold voids.

Wealthy Prophet

4,700 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
Am I the only one waiting for the world to wake up lmao X3 guys? where did everyone go?

Familiar Shapeshifter

9,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Friendly 100
Lady Astraea of Radiance
Am I the only one waiting for the world to wake up lmao X3 guys? where did everyone go?

I've been lying in wait for activity to spring up

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces