Sparkly Conventioneer

12,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Invisibility 100
Recipe: Cheese Crostini

Crostinis are amazing, or at least I think so - I've been snacking on them the past week! Serve as an appetizer, a snack, or add it as a side to pasta or soup. Crostinis are great for customization since you can choose your favorite bread, cheese and toppings!

This is a recipe for a "Tomato and Mushroom Goat Cheese Crostini", but I'll add some other combination ideas at the end.

User Image

Ingredients
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
» 1 Small Baguette
» 2 tbsp Olive Oil (Optional)
» 1 Tomato
» Several White Button Mushrooms
» 1/2 Cup Goat Cheese
» Ground Pepper

Makes Approx: 10 Servings

* Amounts are suggested, since this recipe is flexible you can add more or less of the ingredients. Serving size depends on how thick your slices are and how much cheese / veggies you apply

Preparation
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
First: Preheat oven to 350 degrees

① Slice the baguette into 1/4 inch thick slices. You may change the thickness of the slices if you desire.
User Image

*Optional: For a very crispy croistini, brush with olive oil and bake until the top turns golden brown, approximately 3-5 minutes. I prefer a softer bread and skip this step.

② Soften cheese so it is spreadable. Approx 10 seconds in the microwave. Spread the cheese on your toasted bread slices. If you are using a different type of cheese, grate the cheese and sprinkle onto the bread or slice the cheese and place on the bread.
User Image

③ Sprinkle with pepper to taste.
User Image

④ Chop your mushrooms and tomatoes to your desired size. Arrange your mushrooms and tomatoes on the cheese. The softened goat cheese will hold your ingredients in place.
User Image

⑤ Place decorated croistinis in the oven and bake for approximately 5-10 minutes, until the mushrooms have darkened and the bread is crisp.
User Image

⑥ Remove from oven and transfer to plate.

⑦ Enjoy!

Other Combinations
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
If you don't like the toppings, switch it up! Try out some of the combinations below, or make your own!

→ Sweet red pepper and portobello mushroom
→ Beef Slices and Cheddar Cheese
→ Chopped Tomato and Basil
→ Blueberries or Strawberries and Cream Cheese (Really good <3)
→ Sweet peppers, red onion and cucumber with Feta Cheese
→ Cooked Shredded Chicken with Cheddar Cheese