Welcome to Gaia! ::

Confident Genius

Source: http://www.funimation.com/rojas/blog/fullmetal-alchemist-brotherhood-items-come-to-gaia/3091181

I thought I'd put this out there since it seems a lot of folks are worried that this will be a short promotion (like within a week) and Americans will quickly jack the prices up when it's gone. And right now with the hype and upset causing people to pay out the nose too hastily, the prices are a little messed up so I can see how that's a valid fear.

This may not always be the case. You have thirty entire days to save up gold or sell other cash items to buy the items you want and that's thirty days of people buying the mini-RIG trying to get Roy and dumping everything else off in the MP. And within that time, people will get bored with the item, especially if they just went around in a set for a while and it's not really getting them attention anymore, and start dumping them for the next shiny that comes out. And when that happens, we'll potentially see a lot of underselling as people try to get at least the cash value in gold and then trying to get anything out of it. Especially if they bought it when it was newer and much more expensive.

I have no beef with the international users and I think the silly laws that caused this are crappy. But I do want to say that I have not spent cash on this mini-RIG personally, though I could have. I've strictly used gold just like the rest of you so that I'm not speaking from a point of hypocrisy. And as such, I am beholden to the MP as well and have watched it for a while. And even I have seen the drastic price drops from day 1. I see them hovering now as many people want multiple of Roy, but he's rare to get, so the supply is just plain being depleted. But aside from him and Winry, the rest are hovering just a bit above their cash value in gold or are heavily below. And that's just two days in. And the rarer Roy is, the more people will attempt to win him and flood the MP with other items. Especially as paycheck days roll around. Then when a new RIG comes out and people want the rarer items from that, his price will fall too if it hasn't already over the course of the month.

Sorry if this isn't much of a consolation, but if this has helped any international or non-cash user feel a bit better, I'll be glad.

Wintry Dragon

At least, it's staying far longer than many of those donation CIs like the Revolution Dawn and Dusk. It's practically as long as any of the monthly CI. I hope prices stabilize soon.

Confident Genius

That's what I was worried about too at first. That it would be just like those that gave no time for rarer items to be found in larger numbers. XP That was sheer madness. *dies a little inside every time she sees the price of the Cherubic Queen*

Wintry Dragon

Sinivar
That's what I was worried about too at first. That it would be just like those that gave no time for rarer items to be found in larger numbers. XP That was sheer madness. *dies a little inside every time she sees the price of the Cherubic Queen*
/joins in the dying.

Benevolent Gekko

13,725 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Alchemy Level 4 100
  • Survivor 150
Sweet!! I am waiting for the Winry item to go down in price, but it seems that everytime I look at it, it goes up in price T.T
It is going to be a loooonnnggg waiting period

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces