Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
If I weren't the highest paid employee here I wouldn't be here.

Ah, got ya. smile How many hours a week do you work?
40+ I am the supervisor so I have to work if someone is sick and I can't find coverage.

What do you do for a living?

At least you're getting paid for those hours. smile

I don't work. I'm a full time student. sweatdrop With no idea of what she'll do with her degree when she graduates. :/
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

40+ I am the supervisor so I have to work if someone is sick and I can't find coverage.

I don't work. I'm a full time student. sweatdrop With no idea of what she'll do with her degree when she graduates. :/

Had any jobs before?
What are you majoring in?

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

I have - 1 summer working as an all around person (mainly behind the register and restocking) at a store near home.
1 summer as a waitress/cashier at a local cafe.
3 summers working as a nanny/hanging out person (as the kids would call me) for a family friend.
But nothing that goes with my major.

I'm majoring in Deaf Studies concentrating in Deaf Cultural Studies with an emphasis on Education. (and I'm only emphasizing on educating because the other things I could focus on didn't sound as interesting. sweatdrop )
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

I have - 1 summer working as an all around person (mainly behind the register and restocking) at a store near home.
3 summers working as a nanny/hanging out person (as the kids would call me) for a family friend.

I'm majoring in Deaf Studies concentrating in Deaf Cultural Studies with an emphasis on Education. (and I'm only emphasizing on educating because the other things I could focus on didn't sound as interesting. sweatdrop )

Well the Nannying may come into it with the education field. Depending on if you were educating children or pre teens or adults.
Good Luck with your search when school is over. It's never too early to start, I learned that the hard way.

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

Well the Nannying may come into it with the education field. Depending on if you were educating children or pre teens or adults.
Good Luck with your search when school is over. It's never too early to start, I learned that the hard way.

Thing is I do not want to go into the education field... I am only taking the classes because the alternates didn't sound interesting to me at all and I need a set number of units. :/
Yeah, I just don't know what I want to do so there is no place to start...
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

Thing is I do not want to go into the education field... I am only taking the classes because the alternates didn't sound interesting to me at all and I need a set number of units. :/

OK, why did you go into deaf culture studies?

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

...Because it is the concentration for those who don't know what they want to do...
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Had any jobs before?

...Because it is the concentration for those who don't know what they want to do...

Oooh. It seems very specific for somthing that is meant to be generic.

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
It's generic because it just gives a broad understanding of the culture as a whole instead of just pinpointing into one specific area. 3nodding
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy
It's generic because it just gives a broad understanding of the culture as a whole instead of just pinpointing into one specific area. 3nodding

Ok, but I'm guessing it doesn't teach you much about philosophy or agriculture... so Your hoping to work with a deaf population? Why did you choose that? Why not physics?

Are there centers focused on the deaf in that area you can work in?

Beloved Fairy

mosquitoboy
RunningWithNemo
mosquitoboy

Ok, but I'm guessing it doesn't teach you much about philosophy or agriculture... so Your hoping to work with a deaf population? Why did you choose that? Why not physics?

Are there centers focused on the deaf in that area you can work in?

I mean broad in terms of the culture that I am in... Why would I learn about either of those two that you mentioned when my major is Deaf Studies?

I don't know...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces