Welcome to Gaia! ::

Just about everyone knows about the Nutcracker ballet... but how many of you know that it was a book long before the ballet was created? A book with a much longer and more complicated story?

If you've never read it before, you can read an online version in English here. =3

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
Yes, I did know there was a book before the ballet. whee

Did you know that there's going to be a movie on it (hopefully) next year?
The Forgotten Theatre
Did you know that there's going to be a movie on it (hopefully) next year?

*websearches*

Oh my. 0_0 I... hope they do it justice!

I wonder if they'll be brave enough not to include Tchaikovsky's score? I love the music from the ballet and all, but it would be nice to seen an acknowledgement that the ballet and original story do exist apart from each other!

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
They might. They might not. *shrugs*

Personally, (and I know not many will agree with me) I'd like to see a darker version of The Nutcracker. I know it's a Christmas classic, but I've always sensed a slight sinister vibe throughout, and I haven't seen it be played upon before (besides on fanfiction).

That's what I'd like to see, but that's just me.
wink
The Forgotten Theatre
Personally, (and I know not many will agree with me) I'd like to see a darker version of The Nutcracker. I know it's a Christmas classic, but I've always sensed a slight sinister vibe throughout, and I haven't seen it be played upon before (besides on fanfiction).

That's what I'd like to see, but that's just me.
wink

Personally, I think the original story is just dark enough. Just dark enough to be pretty creepy at times, but not dark enough to give the kiddies nightmares forever. smile

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
xd Probably.

What's your favorite score from the ballet?

Mine's the "The Nutcracker: Act 2: Waltz Of The Flowers". I just love this melody.
The Forgotten Theatre
xd Probably.

What's your favorite score from the ballet?

Mine's the "The Nutcracker: Act 2: Waltz Of The Flowers". I just love this melody.

Pas de Deux. OuO

Did you know it was written on a dare to write a piece of music that played the entire scale in order?

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
No, I did not. eek

Who dared Tchaikovsky?? (Assuming he wrote that piece).
The Forgotten Theatre
No, I did not. eek

Who dared Tchaikovsky?? (Assuming he wrote that piece).

I dunno. According to this page, "it has been said" that he wrote it on a dare, so... maybe it's just an urban legend. I remember reading a page on it that had a lot more detail, but I can't find it now. o_0

Moonlight Gaian

4,300 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bookworm 100
I had an informative speech yesterday, and I talked about The Nutcracker. sweatdrop

I was (of course) completely awesome. cool Just wanted to say thanks for inspiring me.

Wouldn't have thought of it without your post.
sweatdrop 3nodding
i a boss so i need gold

6,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
THE NUTCRAKER IS SOOOO CUTE heart heart heart heart

Dangerous Shapeshifter

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Millionaire 200