Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hiya i like to cook but love something that i can just throw in the the slow cooker and not have to worry about it.I have been experimenting recently so hoping to try some new ideas i tried macaroni and cheese the other day that went rather lumpy lol so back to finding new ideas

heres a few i tried share yours

Easy BBQ pork

500 grams belly pork
can of sugar cola
bottle of BBQ sauce

Add cola then pork then pour bbq sauce on top close lid low 6 hours

vegetarian dahl

1 onion, diced
2 potatoes, peeled and diced
1 small sweet potato, peeled and diced
3 carrots, peeled and diced
2 cups red lentil, rinsed
2 tsp garlic,minced
2 tsp ginger, minced
1 tbsp fennel seeds
1 tbsp curry powder
1 tin (400ml) of coconut cream or coconut milk
1 tin of water (use coconut tin)
1 tsp chicken flavoured stock powder
1 bag of spinach and rocket salad mix

Method:
Place all ingredients except for spinach/rocket salad and coriander into slow cooker on high for 3 hours.

Stir through spinach rocket salad few mins before end i ate this with rice

Bean chilli

2 tins chopped tomatoes
1400 gram tin kidney beans
1 400 gram tin butter beans
200 ml chicken stock
3 table spoon mild chilli powder(you don't have to use mild)
2 courgette cube cute
2 carrots cube cut
2 celery stalks sliced
1 red pepper square cut
1 green chilli seeded and chopped
2 cloves garlic peeled and crushed
1 table spoon oregano
2 teaspoon ground cumin
pinch of salt

throw everything in low 6-8 hours i ate with rice

meatloaf

2 pounds ground beef
2 cups soft bread crumbs, loosely packed
1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, your favourite
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 cup grated onion
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon garlic powder
1/2 teaspoon dried Italian herbs, crushed, or use a mixture of oregano and basil
1/4 teaspoon pepper
3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce
2 to 3 slices Mozzarella cheese, about 2 to 3 ounces

Fold a 30-inch long piece of foil in half lengthwise. Place in bottom of a slow cooker with both ends hanging over top edge of cooker. I also put a piece of crumpled foil in the bottom to keep the meatloaf out of the fat. The foil strip will make it much easier to remove the meatloaf when it's done.
In a large bowl, mix ground beef with bread crumbs, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, egg, onion, salt, garlic powder, Italian herbs, and pepper until well blended. Shape into a loaf. Place in slow cooker. Spread 3 tablespoons spaghetti sauce over the loaf.

Cover and cook on HIGH for 2 1/2 to 3 hours or on LOW for 5 to 6 hours, or until juices run clear. Top loaf with cheese slices, overlapping, and continue to cook (turn to HIGH if necessary) for 15 to 25 minutes longer.

Use ends of foil to lift out meat loaf out

=)
I just made this recipe last night.
Though, downsized a bit since my slow cooker is only 2qts.

and dammit, it tastes fantastic omg. emotion_kirakira It really is more or less a pot roast, but with chicken. I used chicken drumsticks instead of thighs since the drumsticks fit better in my slow cooker. You may need to cook it longer like the reviews suggest.
& ofc, you could always make a pot roast in your slow cooker. :O I've never tried it.

And applesauce is fantastic in slow cookers! 4laugh

I've also made a dish with chicken, soy sauce, canned crushed pineapple, ginger, and garlic. The recipe calls it teriyaki, but it doesn't taste like it at all. :/ It just tastes like a sweet soy sauce & it's delicious nonetheless. I can grab the recipe for you, if you're interested in it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff