Welcome to Gaia! ::

Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights
MooMooJuice
Silver Highlights

I'd rather stick with playing games about Ivalice because I want to interact with the world of it instead of just sitting around watching everything and do nothing. Especially if I just want to go sight seeing or talk to the NPCs

I see I should have been more specific. I meant a make xii a movie.

Exactly. I don't want to take the backseat while a movie takes me to FFXII. I want to actually interact with FFXII's world

then you can just play the game? It's not like they'd be burning all the worlds copies of XII and replacing it with a movie...

already playing it, dude.

okay. xD

1,650 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I think 12 was my fav after the 9.
They went in deep with politics and I love the accents of all of the different races. It shows how different the world of Final Fantasy can be.

Unlike *cough* 13 *cough*

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Madd Frekin Hatter
I think 12 was my fav after the 9.
They went in deep with politics and I love the accents of all of the different races. It shows how different the world of Final Fantasy can be.

Unlike *cough* 13 *cough*

Yeah, the diversity in accents helped emphasize that the different nations have different cultures, like the Dalmasca's American accents, Archadia's English accent, and Bhujerba's Middle Eastern accent. What was also great is the different feel for each of their clothing and architecture.
FFXII has my favorite world in the franchise. So in definitely a fan of Ivalice.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Kuja9113
FFXII has my favorite world in the franchise. So in definitely a fan of Ivalice.

It's my favorite world as well. Last time I played it, I went around towns talking to NPCs, piecing together how characters acted and felt with the events around them in ways that aren't as worthwhile with most RPGs. Plus I ran into a couple of secrets.

Angelic Star

10,750 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
User Image

gaia_angelleft yum_puddi gaia_angelright

I maintain that Ivalice is the only world in Final Fantasy to truly have exploration.
Cupcakesu
User Image

I maintain that Ivalice is the only world in Final Fantasy to truly have exploration.
I think VI's world of ruin had a fair bit of exploration involved - it was extremely open-ended

FFI did as well, though exploration was really its schtick
world of ruwin
Cupcakesu
User Image

I think VI's world of ruin had a fair bit of exploration involved - it was extremely open-ended

I think what she means is not just exploration of the map, but learning about the history, its people, its legends etc. etc.
There's so much to learn about Ivalice, it really feels like it could be a place that exists.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
MooMooJuice
world of ruwin
Cupcakesu
User Image

I think what she means is not just exploration of the map, but learning about the history, its people, its legends etc. etc.
There's so much to learn about Ivalice, it really feels like it could be a place that exists.

I second this.
I think if the entire FF franchise was just a bunch of games about Ivalice, I would love it forever..

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
MooMooJuice
I think if the entire FF franchise was just a bunch of games about Ivalice, I would love it forever..

That would be great instead of milking the fanboys with scifi j-rock style characters. The world of Ivalice feels like a legitimate Final Fantasy, a wondrous realm of swords and magicks where moogles and chocobos thrive along with every other race and species. All of which portrayed in fantastic artwork (thank you kindly, Yoshida), scored by a wonderful composition (Sakimoto knows how to capture the fantasy by sound) and given tales weaved together by a briliant mastermind (Matsuno is one of my idols as both a writer and game designer). Looking back at the classic Final Fantasies and comparing them to FF12, the latter maintains what I think gives FF its identity, something that's different than what we get with the likes of 7 or 13.

Friendly Werewolf

9,200 Points
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I personally think the original Tactics for the Playstation is the one and only true Ivalice. Even the remake for the PSP felt really different, and honestly the story felt slightly changed, geared less towards the corruption of the Church and questioning the belief in God, and more towards different character developments. XII was dumb and so was Tactics Advance.... this is just my opinion though and I know a lot of people really enjoy these games so I won't argue with anyone's opinions.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
kill_ayeka
I personally think the original Tactics for the Playstation is the one and only true Ivalice. Even the remake for the PSP felt really different, and honestly the story felt slightly changed, geared less towards the corruption of the Church and questioning the belief in God, and more towards different character developments. XII was dumb and so was Tactics Advance.... this is just my opinion though and I know a lot of people really enjoy these games so I won't argue with anyone's opinions.

Tactics is so fun. And I like how the story showed a corrupted church and questioning about god, which is pretty much what happened before being a nerd was popular in Europe's history.
I enjoyed FF12, but I really do wish we could have played Matsuno's original vision of it, instead of what we got.

4,050 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
Temmy
I enjoyed FF12, but I really do wish we could have played Matsuno's original vision of it, instead of what we got.

You mean like when Basch was supposed to be the main character and we could've had the Zodiac Job System in the beginning?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff