Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shy Genius

I was looking over the class/job possibilities for FFXIV and became really overwhelmed.

When playing FF games, I usually like to go for a more specific approach as opposed to a generalist (producing more skilled/specialized characters) but with FFXIV it seems as if I will miss out. If I want to go the other route (which I plan on doing), how can I have a slightly-more jack-of-all-trades type character but still have all the higher-end specialized skills?

More specifically, I want to have a white mage character. But I think it would be fun to create my own gear/weapons. Any suggestions for when the game is released?

Any other/relevant discussion is also welcomed.

3,400 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
Release date: 27 August 2013.
Beta Phase 4 (Open): Saturday, August 17, 2:00 a.m. to Monday, August 19, 2:00 a.m. (PDT)

In FFXIV, all classes/jobs are open, and can be changed as easily as switching your weapon or changing the "soul crystal" equip respectively. You may start with building your White Mage character, and probably pick a weaving class for your equipments.

The thing about FFXIV is that eventually you would max your jobs and classes, allowing you to turn your attention to other peripheral crafting and gathering classes; or, to choose another warring job or class altogether, once you are bored with White Mages (which you can revisit any time). So, I am not too sure what you are asking for. In XIV, sooner or later, it is possible to be not just a jack-of-all-trades or a king-in-some-trades, but a king-of-all-trades.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff