Welcome to Gaia! ::

Mega Elder

I like SC because I'm better at it haha.

Yet I got TTT2 because all of my friends got it.

Aged Bunny

User Image
SC 5 fer sho'.

I didn't like 6 as much as I did from the previous games.
Mycella Gandrake
Tekken 6 or Soul Calibur 5? And is it just me or do the graphics look somewhat similar?

Since Bamco makes both Tekken and Soulcalibur, it would make sense if they looked similar.

My personal preference tends to lie with Soulcalibur, but Tekken is also a lot of fun.
I don't think I could choose between them.

It depends on what you're looking for. Soulcalibur is not a series that's renowned for its competitive depth; very few serious fighting game players have much love for it. Tekken, on the other hand, is greatly respected for its accessibility, depth, and balance. However, if you're just looking for something to mess around with when your friends come over, I'd sooner recommend the more gimmick-laden SoulCalibur V, as its character creation and customization will give you more to do.
        Tekken 6, heck, even TTT2 was better.

I'm a die hard fan of both, but SC5 was such a huge disappointment for me. The story mode was so dry to me, even though I never go in expecting much from a fighting game's storyline, it was just awful.

Original Gaian

10,400 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
considering its the same company and the two dev teams work on the same floor now and they put devil jin in soulcal5 and both franchises share yoshimitsu.

its not just you.
Both are entirely different games.

Tekken's depth comes from long combos and juggles.

Soul Calibur's stems from maneuvering around your opponent to get a better angle to strike from, with an emphasis on ring control, and short combos.

Tekken is considered "deep", because it is ALL about remembering long combos and juggles. There's really not much too it. Anyone can be good at Tekken.

SC is a much more tactical experience as the slightest thing matters. Your placement in the stage, what weapon you're using, stances, your position relative to your opponent, everything can alter the flow of the fight. The problem being, that, in Tekken angle of attack matters very little. In Soul Calibur, like in a real fight, it makes ALL the difference.

Both series are good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces