• Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image

╔══════════╗
THE INTRO
╚══════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{Hello, Pokémon Fans! If you've followed the link to this post, you likely have some interest in Pokémon, and (I assume) you even have a Pokémon OC! (Or you want to make one!)

Basically, I'm writing a story, and any decent writer will tell you that a main cast cannot tell a story by themselves! Supporting characters can help make or break a good story, and I need a lot of them. So I thought, hey, why not ask the fandom to contribute? I'm sure there are at least some Pokémon fans who would want to get in on this!

So maybe you have a character, but you're not a writer, or you can't think of a good plot. Maybe you don't have a character, but you want to create one. Maybe you're going to leave this post after you read the synopsis, because you don't want to be in the story after all. (I'm cool with this too, no hard feelings~!) Anyway, for those who wish to venture into the land of Pokémon with me, read on!

And if you're still around after the synopsis, great! I'm looking forward to working with you!}

❂ ❂ ❂
"Words, in my not-so-humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have."

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image

╔═════════╗
! THE PLOT
╚═════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{Corona Island - a sprawling, tropical paradise, hidden away from the world for decades with some good secrecy skills and a little bit of help from a legendary Pokémon.

The people of Corona are generally a peaceful lot, almost pacifistic in nature, and when they saw the chaos the world was devolving into - the rise of organized crime in the Form of Team Rocket and Team Flare, religious zealots like Team Plasma, misguided scientists like Teams Magma, Aqua, and Galactic - they knew that in order to preserve their peace, their culture, and their very way of life, they must give up their connection to the outside world.

The legendary Pokemon Chisius cast a spell over Corona Island, causing it to fade into obscurity and out of peoples’ memories. The people of the island went about their lives in peaceful secrecy, and lived much like the other regions of the world. They had Pokémon Centers, Pokémon Gyms, and many cities spread out across the island and its many acres of rainforest, beach and mountains. But over time, Chisius grew weak from maintaining the spell, and the ruler of Corona Island - King Tareccus - convinced the ethereal Pokémon to release the magic and save itself. And thus, Corona Island was hidden no more - but after nearly a decade of isolation, few remained who could recall its existence. The island remained in obscurity, despite the loss of its magical protection.

However, not every good thing can last, and the citizens of Corona Island found themselves in a serious predicament - they were beginning to run low on resources. It seemed as if they would need to reveal themselves to the world, if only to import goods and supplies. King Tareccus was faced with a moral conundrum - save his people by revealing them to the world, or let them die out in blissful solitude? He stalled and delayed as supplies and resources dwindled away slowly, until one day the choice was taken from him.

A ship crashed into the port of Corona Island, and sailors from other regions of the world were amazed that they had landed on what appeared to be a modern and tropical paradise, instead of the barren wilderness they had expected. Bemused and ecstatic, the sailors were soon introduced to King Tareccus, who decided there was no other option than to finally rejoin the outside world. The sailors returned to their homelands to spread the news, and word of the modern yet wild tropical paradise quickly took the world by storm. Trainers from all over are coming to Corona island to find new Pokémon, new adventures, and new gym badges, of course!

Of course, not everyone is happy; there is a portion of the population that is livid over this development. The island of Corona has been their secret haven for decades, and now outsiders are coming to it in droves. They fear for the peace and quality of the island - these foreigners are going to destroy the world they hold dear! So Team Essence has decided to reclaim their homeland by force - no trainers will want to visit Corona once they hear about the powerful team of defenders who reside there, right?

But there is another draw to this mysterious new island - some trainers have noticed changes in their Pokémon, or have had Pokémon with strange abilities all along, and rumor has it that there are scientists on Corona Island who might have an answer as to why some Pokémon are “adapting”, as it has been called. Will Team Essence succeed in driving people away? Are the Pokémon adaptations harmless, or something to be feared? Why do they only affect certain Pokémon and not all of them? And most importantly, what new, exciting adventures and trials await the trainers who are quickly making their way to the rediscovered paradise?}

❂ ❂ ❂
"Words, in my not-so-humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have."

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image

╔═════════╗
! THE FORM
╚═════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{If you're still here, congrats and thank you for reading through all that! Think you're ready to be part of Corona's unfolding story? I hope so! I would like to cover a few simple rules before we get any further, however.

1. I reserve the right to use your character, but I also reserve the right not to use them. There may not be a place where they fit in the story, or they may be just a bit too....Mary Sue'd or Gary Stu'd. Try to make your characters unique and individual, so they can stand on their own!
2. Submitting a character for consideration does not give me ownership! These are your babies, I just want to give them somewhere to show off and shine!
3. Have fun with it! The information does not have to be three pages of bio, just write what comes naturally.
4. I may expand on or embellish your characters a bit, but it's not likely to happen often, and if it does I'll stay as close to their character as I can.
5. Feel free to have as many or as few Pokémon as you like, but try to keep it minimum 1 and maximum 8, please. You can simply copy and paste the Pokémon section of the form as often as you need to.
6. The Pokémon world is a vast and diverse place! The more your characters reflect this, the better chance that they'll be making an appearance in the story!
7. Above all else, HAVE FUN. That's what the world of Pokémon is all about, in the end!}

The Form:
[size=18][i][b]Trainer[/b][/i][/size]

[b]Name:[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory[/i]
[b]Age:[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory - go nuts. Are they 8? 80? Not everyone in the Pokémon universe is 13-19![/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory - I don't judge.[/i]
[b]Hometown:[/b] [i]Can be from any existing region, or you can say they're from the new region, Corona, and I'll come up with a town depending on where I think they fit[/i]
[b]Favorite Type(s):[/b] [i]Any existing type is fine. Can be more than one, or none at all.[/i]
[b]Hair:[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory[/i]
[b]Eyes:[/b] [i]Self-Explanatory[/i]
[b]Height/Weight/Body Type:[/b] [i]Get creative! Not everyone is a size 2, 5 foot 5 inch barbie, or a muscle-bound hottie![/i]
[b]Clothes:[/b] [i]General style (sporty, dressy, casual, etc.) and/or one or two specific outfits. Include any accessories such as bags, hats, mega rings, etc.[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i]How does the trainer behave? Are they a macho man? A girly girl? An athlete? Do they favor the good or the bad guys?[/i]
[b]History:[/b] [i]Tell me about their childhood, their family life, why they started training Pokémon. What made them who they are today? How has their journey progressed so far?[/i]
[b]Battle Style:[/b] [i]Are they an all-out brute strength brawler, or a careful strategist? Do they rigorously train their Pokémon in stats, or do they look for type advantages? Do they avoid battle altogether?[/i]
[b]Goal:[/b] [i]What do they ultimately want? To be champion? To breed Pokémon? To become a Coordinator, or Professor? To rule the world? To be a pastry chef? Anything goes, so what's their goal?[/i]

[size=18][i][b]Pokémon[/b][/i][/size]

[b]Name:[/b] [i]Does this Pokémon have a nickname?[/i]
[b]Species:[/b] [i]What Pokémon is it?[/i]
[b]Gender:[/b] [i]Male, Female, or Unknown?[/i]
[b]Level:[/b] [i]What level is your Pokémon?[/i]
[b]Ability:[/b] [i]What is its ability? This is optional/[/i]
[b]Moveset:[/b] [i]Four Moves your Pokémon uses.[/i]
[b]Favorite Move:[/b] [i]Which move is the most used? The default, basically.[/i]
[b]Personality:[/b] [i]How does this Pokémon behave? Is it shy, bossy, lazy? Does it have a strange quirk or habit?[/i]
[b]History:[/b] [i]How did your OC meet this Pokémon? Why are they partners?[/i]
[b]Distinguishing Features:[/b] [i]What, if anything, makes your Pokémon stand out from others of its species? Is it larger or smaller than average? Does it wear a scarf, or ribbon? Is its color different somehow?[/i]

❂ ❂ ❂

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image

╔══════════╗
THE LINKS
╚══════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{Please bear with me here, since most of these documents are under constant construction~!}

Corona Details - this is the same information in the post above, labelled "The Plot"
PokéBios - this is the document that details the five main characters of the story and their Pokémon
Support Cast - this is where you'll be located~! You can check this document to see what (if anything) I change or add to your bio!
League Details - this document outlines the gyms and championship system of the Corona League! severely under construction and missing most of its details omg

❂ ❂ ❂

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
User Image

╔══════════════╗
THREAD STATUS
╚══════════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{I hereby declare this thread: OPEN~!}

❂ ❂ ❂

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

3,150 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Hey Sagey was that maximum 8 a typo or did you mean they could have 2 in reserve in the P.C.??

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Momo Kisarragi
Hey Sagey was that maximum 8 a typo or did you mean they could have 2 in reserve in the P.C.??

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Ⓢ ⓐ ⓖ ⓔ Ⓢ ⓐ ⓨ ⓢ
╚══════════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{Dammit, I knew I'd end up forgetting to explain something! Haha basically we're operating on the Ash Ketchum system: you have x amount of Pokémon, but you don't carry them all at once.}

❂ ❂ ❂

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

3,150 Points
  • Market Browser 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Sage Holwell
Dammit, I knew I'd end up forgetting to explain something! Haha basically we're operating on the Ash Ketchum system: you have x amount of Pokémon, but you don't carry them all at once.}

ok but he was limited to 6 at a time ^^;;

CaityCat-95's Husband

Sparkly Husband

//
faves, so I find this later

CaityCat-95's Husband

Sparkly Husband

Trainer

Name: Keith Heatwave
Hometown: Black City - Unova region
Favorite Type(s): Fire
Hair: Pale Blond, straight, goes down to under the ears, bangs, well kept and styled
Eyes: Icy Blue
Height/Weight/Body Type: 6'5/195cm, 143lb/ 65kg. slender, much like an acrobat. healthy.
Clothes: Casual, polo with a wide neck cut, jeans, converse shoes. messenger bag. everything in light warm colors. optional stylish black vest. Were's the megastone as a ring.
Personality: Arrogant, proud of himself, introvert, secretive, strong will, will make sacrifices to reach his goals, but loyal to the few people he got dear.
History: Born as the second son in the wealthiest family in Unova, "The Heatwaves." a family of fire trainers. Always second best to his older brother. his father always working, his mother seemingly only cared for his brother. His uncle was his only dear family, he died in the Great Pokemon War when Keith was young. Traveled alone from 12 to 17, when 16 he traveled a period with a trainer called Molly, who he considers he first true friend. he doesn't talk much about her. 17 he was sent to the pokemon academy. at 20 he found himself joining team flare as a stepping stone to reach his goals, became an admin at 21. is currently and active member, but does his own thing, and is not afraid to oppose his superiors. Is considered a very talented trainer. Though not as good as his brother, witch his mother likes to point out.
Battle Style: All out offensive, but is very knowledgeable about type effectiveness and moves. will use strategies when needed. prefers double battles. (his best tag partner is Princess [aphys OC])
Goal: Be better than his brother, and take over the family company.

Pokémon

Main team
Charizard

Name:
Species: (mega Y)Charizard
Level: 83
Ability: Blaze(Drought)
Moveset: Flamethrower, Earthquake, Dragon Claw, Blast Burn
Favorite Move: Flamethrower
Personality: Proud, not very gentle, but always means well.
History: Keith is 9years old
The Heatwave family got a cabin at Charicific Valley
there he was told his first pokemon would be an eevee like his mother, but he wanted a Charmander like his brother and father. so he snuck out and stole a Charizard egg, forced to hide in a hole away from the angry Charizard mother. his uncle saves him later. Keith keeps the egg, but can never return to the valley. (A Charizard got excellent memory, and the whole flok remember his scent as a the egg thief)

Distinguishing Features: His color is slightly more red and not orange, his eyes are green

Leafeon

Name:
Species: Leafeon
Level: 78
Ability: Leaf Guard
Moveset: Leafblade, Sunny Day, Solar Beam, Shadow Ball
Favorite Move: Sunny Day, followed up by Solar Beam
Personality: Happy and playful, always ready to make friends, and is gentle and kind to everyone.
History: Was supposed to be his first pokemon, came from an egg he got from his mothers Flareon. he was supposed to evolve it into a Flareon as well. but didn't, and evolved it to a Leafeon on purpose to rebel against his family and their hate for grass types.
Distinguishing Features: A slightly lighter hue of green

Princess

Name: Princess
Species: Ninetales
Level: 66
Ability: Drought
Moveset: Flamethrower, Dark Pulse, Confuse Ray, Attract
Favorite Move: Dark Pulse
Personality: Snobby, hates to get dirty, trusts few people. cuddly to those she trusts.
History: Was given to him when his parents sent him to the pokemon university, he was not allowed to bring any of his own pokemon, and had to "start over" with princess. she became eventually one of his regulars on his team. and is best know for her "confuse, attract, kill" strategy. is mainly used against male pokemon.
Distinguishing Features: Is a shiny, white furr, red eyes. perfectly and beautifully groomed

Swellow

Name:
Species: Swellow
Level: 74
Ability: Guts
Moveset: Air Slash, Giga impact, Hyper Beam, Agility
Favorite Move: Air Slash.
Personality: Competitive, egocentric, loyal, one track mind
History: Keith was searching for "the perfect flying pokemon for him" and found a headstrong little tailow
Distinguishing Features: the color hue are a little darker

Mantine

Name:
Species: Mantine
Level: 55
Ability: Water absorb
Moveset: Surf, Ice Beam, Hydro Pump, Toxic
Favorite Move: Ice Beam
Personality: Bubbly, clueless, big heart, full of love. got a cush on its trainer
History: Keith was originally looking for a wailord, but got stalked by this little one instead, and decided to take her after a she saved his life.
Distinguishing Features: Is a little fatter than the usual mantine

Kitty

Name: Kitty
Species: Flareon
Level: 90
Ability: Flash Fire
Moveset: Flamethrower, Flare Blitz, Shadow Ball, Overheat
Favorite Move: Shadow Ball
Personality: Lazy on his older days, caries and great proud in his former glories, and memories of his first trainer, calm and wise. though a bit mischievous. Does not consider Keith a good enough trainer for him yet, but they still have a good relationship.
History: He was given to Keith after Molly's death. But originally belonged to a relative of Molly, who had been a pokemon champion with this Flareon. He was given to keep Molly (who was sick) company when the original trainer died. Keith fought a hard battle to be allowed to take over the old champion when Molly died. Kitty was the original reason why Keith wanted to travel with Molly, he wanted a chance to challenge the old champion, and learn from him to become a better trainer. He respects the pokemon highly and Kitty sees Keith's potential. He is not really used in battle much.
Distinguishing Features: Very big and fluffy, Fur is graying due to old age.

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Poké User Image Bump!

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Poké User Image Bump!

CaityCat-95's Husband

Sparkly Husband

tm 87
emotion_dowant

Devoted Wife

12,540 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Tenacious Spirit 250
Martyrius
tm 87
emotion_dowant

User Image

╔══════════════╗
Ⓢ ⓐ ⓖ ⓔ Ⓢ ⓐ ⓨ ⓢ
╚══════════════╝

❂ ❂ ❂

{TM70 wink }

❂ ❂ ❂

Art by Hitokiri Chibi

CaityCat-95's Husband

Sparkly Husband

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out