Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
I am fixated on these specific type of protagonists: the redeemed antihero, the minion risen to greatness (see Boss in mook clothing) and The Fettered. So I want to write one in which the protagonist is a boy from Slytherin; his family takes a vacation but a tragedy makes his family loses it all and he changes from a token Drako-Slytherin into a jovial-mask-wearing jackal obsessed with profit. He wants nothing with the British magic world so his goal (for now) is to earn enough money in the 6 years remaining at Hogwarts to have a life-long pension and move away to an undisclosed location in the world. he will cheat, he will con, he will deceive, he will backstab and doublecross even legends in order to get what he needs. Of course it's not about being self-centered. The tragedy that befell his family (and turned his father into a squib) let him meet a young girl who helped him when no one else could and by his blood and the unbreakable oath, he will make sure she's never left behind.
I would love to read this!! Have you written it yet?

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
cbfliesser
I would love to read this!! Have you written it yet?

unfortunately, I'm lazy. I've taken notes, though.

the tentative names are:
protagonist: Leland/Gregor Ford
female lead: Laibah Aswad/Basar
Protagonist's older brother (and a complete GaryStu): Barrie Ford
Protagonist's ally: Michael "Mike" White (Hufflepuff - *very* good at crafting)

Most of Ford's adventures deal with him establishing a smuggling market in Hogwarts and "borrowing" magic relics, which he then forges to sell; and finding creative ways to copy smart kids' homework or research for profit.
Nice! I think it wold be cool to have other character points of view too. I can imagine what some of the Gryffindors would think of this guy.

Questions:
What year? Or over several years?

Where and when does he meet girl?

When do you think you will start writing?

I also think it would be good to add pathos if the girl he is helping desperately needs something from him - in return for her previous help. Debts, a illness or whatever and she needs money from him.

Hygienic Noob

2,900 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Hygienic 200
cbfliesser
Nice! I think it wold be cool to have other character points of view too. I can imagine what some of the Gryffindors would think of this guy.

Questions:
What year? Or over several years?

Where and when does he meet girl?

When do you think you will start writing?

I also think it would be good to add pathos if the girl he is helping desperately needs something from him - in return for her previous help. Debts, a illness or whatever and she needs money from him.

Thank you for asking!
since he always puts on a "nice friendly guy" mask, and he's the little brother of "all too perfect" prefect, the Gryffindors don't really give him any grief. oh sure, some just think he's a bit weird for being in Slytherin since Barry fits so well in Gryffindor but others find him "convenient" as he has "connections" to stuff they're looking for.
it's meant to span the entire school years

where and when? that's a bit of a grim story but suffice to say she saved his life and he swore to look after her.

that's difficult to say. I can write sketches but the whole undertaking is a bit too much for now.
Sounds like you've got a good foundation. Let me know when you start writing. I don't mind beta-ing and would love to read it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff