Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie
All I'm saying, is that if your grandfather died during WWII, then your parents have to be their their 70's. And you would have to like 40 or older.

Your math is a little off. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII. My mother was born in 1945 (making her 67 this September) and I'll be turning 30 later this month. Not everyone has their kids at age 20 wink

My grandfather served in the Pacific and shot some navy guns. My dad is going to be 66 this June (born in 1946), and my mom was born in 1956. I'm the oldest in my family at the age of 22. Jesus Christ did my parents have me late....

Than how did you manage to make such an error? confused

Dapper Reveler

General Marilyn
Dr Dillinger
And in their situation you would have done what exactly?

Having said that, everyone loves Rommel.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

******** YES ROMMEL
emotion_donotwant
The feats that man accomplished were just... just unreasonable.
"All men of principle and steadfastness approve the man who has the courage of his convictions. Such a man necessarily makes enemies; but even an enemy entertains a wholesome respect for the man who honestly differs from him and is not afraid to advocate and defend his views upon all proper occasions."
Leroy E. Mosher

Dapper Reveler

Queen Farasha
Were Jews awful for allowing themselves to go along with the Holocaust?
catspook
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie
All I'm saying, is that if your grandfather died during WWII, then your parents have to be their their 70's. And you would have to like 40 or older.

Your math is a little off. Both of my grandfathers served in WWII. My mother was born in 1945 (making her 67 this September) and I'll be turning 30 later this month. Not everyone has their kids at age 20 wink

My grandfather served in the Pacific and shot some navy guns. My dad is going to be 66 this June (born in 1946), and my mom was born in 1956. I'm the oldest in my family at the age of 22. Jesus Christ did my parents have me late....

Because if his grandfather died in 1943, his mother or father would already have to be born before 1945.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie

Because if his grandfather died in 1943, his mother or father would already have to be born before 1945.

That's only two years earlier than my mother, and three year earlier than your dad; that doesn't add up to him being 40.
catspook
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie

That's only two years earlier than my mother, and three year earlier than your dad; that doesn't add up to him being 40.

Maybe not. I failed developmental college math twice. I suck at math real hard. I even forgot how to do long division.

Aged Poster

5,250 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Popular Thread 100
catspook
Doofi3
catspook
Princess Creampie

Things are easier if you just ignore the "Princess" over there. She's half troll rolleyes

Probably, but if I wanted 'easy' I wouldn't be in the ED, would I? wink

Haha, fair point, fair point. Is maith liom, tá a fhios agam.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie
catspook
Princess Creampie

Maybe not. I failed developmental college math twice. I suck at math real hard. I even forgot how to do long division.

Ah. My condolences, then.

Fashionable Fatcat

7,200 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Mark Twain 100
You touch upon an important lesson that's lost upon most people that study history.

That history is not just a product of people, such as hitler and george washington, but that people are a product of history. Hitler was a b*****d, but he was a b*****d created from an environment that still exists somewhat in that part of Europe. Look at the power of white supremacy groups in that part of the world, look at people like Anders Behring Breivik, who is evidence of a growing fear of immigration in places like Norway.

If we simply use one evil man as a scapegoat, we avoid the bigger problems. The focus on our society should not be on individuals, not even the ones that did make a tremendous impact on their own.

We shouldn't hail people like MLK as the messiah, because that takes power away from the movement as a whole, and we shouldn't damn people like Hitler as the devil, because that avoids the environment that created him in the first place.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Brandon Rayy
CH1YO
Brandon Rayy
I'd argue that Nazi's are a bunch of good ol hearted bastards like the rest of us.

Why would you argue that, it's not a sentence?

Cause their just a bunch of silly people who commited geneocide, but its all good we have all made that mistake before.

Not on the same scale.

Nazis entire existence was genocide.

Please tell me you didn't just belittle the impact of other genocides, just because they're "not on the same scale"? 2 million dead in Cambodia wasn't enough for you?

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Suicidesoldier#1
Yes that's true.

Hitler was evil and so was every other Nazi at the time.

Even the people who only joined the Nazi party becuase of fear for their own families/lives? What about the general public who had no idea of Hitler's ad the Nazi's plans when they signed up to the party?

Or do you think the entire German public is evil, not just those who actively joined the political party?

What about the ppulations of countries whose leaders who do evil things? Are they all automatically evil?

Fanatical Zealot

I AM R U
Suicidesoldier#1
Brandon Rayy
CH1YO
Brandon Rayy
I'd argue that Nazi's are a bunch of good ol hearted bastards like the rest of us.

Cause their just a bunch of silly people who commited geneocide, but its all good we have all made that mistake before.

Not on the same scale.

Please tell me you didn't just belittle the impact of other genocides, just because they're "not on the same scale"? 2 million dead in Cambodia wasn't enough for you?

The issue is it wasn't an entire country mobilized for genocide, it's all bad, but it's like condemning the U.S. for the KKK having existed.

Fanatical Zealot

I AM R U
Suicidesoldier#1
Yes that's true.

Hitler was evil and so was every other Nazi at the time.

Even the people who only joined the Nazi party becuase of fear for their own families/lives? What about the general public who had no idea of Hitler's ad the Nazi's plans when they signed up to the party?

Or do you think the entire German public is evil, not just those who actively joined the political party?

What about the ppulations of countries whose leaders who do evil things? Are they all automatically evil?

Anyone who subscribes to the ideology of a nazi is a nazi, and therefore they are evil.

Being a part in name doesn't make you a nazi.

Unbeatable Survivor

6,250 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Queen Farasha
Sergeant Pancakebatter
You realize that to go against Hitler meant you and likely your whole family would be placed in danger, right? Many people were doing what they had to do.

And who was monitoring any dissenters? The people making threats and acting upon them were evil.

Everyone. If you tipped off the gestapo, good things tended to happen to you. It's like the evil twin of crimestoppers. Thus, you couldn't trust your neighbors. You couldn't trust anyone. Hell, even the people you took in could be gestapo agents who are willing to buy time for their family.

People were guarded in what they said, lest gestapo show up at midnight and make them dissapear in the dead of night.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Suicidesoldier#1
I AM R U
Suicidesoldier#1
Brandon Rayy
CH1YO
Brandon Rayy

Not on the same scale.

The issue is it wasn't an entire country mobilized for genocide, it's all bad, but it's like condemning the U.S. for the KKK having existed.

So what about the fact that German citizens hid Jews and other people who would have been persecuted by the Nazis, or helped them escape? Are they evil too? what about the Nazis who tried to assassinate Hitler? Or soldier's who refused to obey orders? What about the children who were forced to fight? Are they evil too?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff