Welcome to Gaia! ::

Do you believe that Aliens have abducted people her on Earth?

yes 0.13513513513514 13.5% [ 5 ]
no 0.54054054054054 54.1% [ 20 ]
undecided 0.32432432432432 32.4% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 37 ]
< 1 2 3 4

Bashful Friend

9,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Guildmember 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Who said it did? It is not a question of beliefs as much as it is a question of possibilities! Man is SO arrogant that he thinks he is the one all be al,l that nothing else is possible but him. Personally I believe we are only one species on a big rock in the midst of a vast ocean. I do NOT believe we are alone, just that we haven't been visited in the same way so many have said they have been!

Rainbow Raider

9,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
I think there are other lifeforms out there somewhere, but I find it highly unlikely that they have visited Earth in recorded history.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned sleep paralysis. This, or something similar, could explain quite a few abduction stories.

Original Genius

5,600 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
I tinks dat a lot cases coulda be explained by sleeps paralyze. (Hopeful dat included mine! sweatdrop )

But dere's some dat not coulda. eek

Rindul's Fav

Shady Shapeshifter

23,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Invisibility 100
  • Cool Cat 500
Lavender Outlaw
I think there are other lifeforms out there somewhere, but I find it highly unlikely that they have visited Earth in recorded history.
I'm surprised that no one has mentioned sleep paralysis. This, or something similar, could explain quite a few abduction stories.
There are plenty of interesting "clues" throughout history to suggest some sort of extraterrestrial intervention. I direct you to the History channel's series "Ancient Aliens" for various examples.

This doesn't mean that everything they discuss is undeniable proof, but you have to admit, it brings up quite a bit of unanswered questions and opens the doors to many of such possibilities. There is so much that we still don't know even about our own past/history/origins that leave this for a LOT of debate that we can't quite account for. The possibilities are endless! XD

So, your "highly unlikely that they visited in recorded history" maybe it was recorded and we just don't know how to piece it together. Alternatively, as conspiracy theorists would surely agree, there could have been government cover-ups for said "recorded history" that we could be unaware of.

There are so many variables and so few facts to grasp at.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Love Muffin88
Why would aliens want to abduct us? Let's say they are real, why would they be interested in studying lifeforms that most likely have primitive technology and lesser intelligence compared to them? It would be more likely (were referring to aliens here), if anything, that they enslave us, and use our Earth resources how they see fit. Though, aliens have had thousands of years to do what they want with humans. If they wanted to, they would have probably messed with us already. I don't think that they have.

Well, if the aliens are into scientific research, they could be wanting to study people for research purposes. Or something.

I don't buy claims that people have been abducted by aliens. There's been no conclusive proof.

Eternal Sex Symbol

44,250 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
Princess Creampie
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is an old newspaper article from Germany that details people witnessing a UFO battle above Nuremberg. It's real.

What does this prove, other than claims of supernatural sightings have existed for a long time?

Rainbow Raider

9,450 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
KitsunEva
Lavender Outlaw
There are plenty of interesting "clues" throughout history to suggest some sort of extraterrestrial intervention. I direct you to the History channel's series "Ancient Aliens" for various examples.

This doesn't mean that everything they discuss is undeniable proof, but you have to admit, it brings up quite a bit of unanswered questions and opens the doors to many of such possibilities. There is so much that we still don't know even about our own past/history/origins that leave this for a LOT of debate that we can't quite account for. The possibilities are endless! XD

So, your "highly unlikely that they visited in recorded history" maybe it was recorded and we just don't know how to piece it together. Alternatively, as conspiracy theorists would surely agree, there could have been government cover-ups for said "recorded history" that we could be unaware of.

There are so many variables and so few facts to grasp at.
I'll acknowledge the possibly, but I have yet to see any compelling evidence. If new information comes to light then I will be more than happy to take it into consideration. I have offered one explanation for "alien abductions" in my previous post, but that doesn't mean all "abduction" experiences are fake. In my opinion the facts that we do have suggests that it is unlikely, but not necessarily impossible that aliens have visited. I stand by my earlier statement.

Savage Fairy

13,250 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Super Tipsy 200
Aliens? Maybe.

UFOs? Definately.

Alien abductions? Um... no.

Seriously, if they're so advanced that they can travel all the way here, completely undetected by all authorities, get people up into their space ships... I really think they didn't want us to remember their presence, we wouldn't. So people who claim to have been abducted are liars or deluded. People who actually have been abducted... don't know they've been abducted ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff