Welcome to Gaia! ::

At some point in our lives, we wear masks. It’s very true, and if you doubt if you have every put a mask on, but believe me you have.

Masks aren’t exactly a bad thing; they can even be used to protect yourself, and even others. Which masks do I mean? The masks you can use at anytime and anyplace. Masks to even hide your identity, hide emotion, and hide truth. Unfortunately, I’ve grown into a master at this, and I never even meant to.

One would say, a mask could have been used to protect you from harming others. That’s probably where my mask has been transformed into, and I can’t take it off. I’ve been pretty skilled at vague answers, and small talk, allowing me to become a very interesting person when I’m obviously uncomfortable with the subject, mainly about myself.

I feel this mask which I can’t see to pull from myself has been pieced together over the years and I think the first piece started in 2009. ‘The incident’ happened and the world was there standing over me, me naked, weak, and vulnerable. This ‘incident’ was my almost death.
Researching what was wrong with me over the years, I had the notion of P.T.S.D. but I feel it wasn’t fitting right. I did come across an article last year about masks. And it’s all there, and I’ve done in some way or form.

1. The SEDUCTRESS: She “doesn’t feel good enough, loved enough, and doesn’t belong unless she is the object of someone’s attention.” She “throws out an energetic hook by being kind, loving, interested, and sexual…”

2. CHARMER: This person is a charismatic lover … master of manipulation … to win favor with the other.

3. PEOPLE PLEASER: These people survive by making others happy … but they overdo … to gain love.”

4. BULLY: Such people are “outwardly loud and pushy” and “use control, intimidation, and threats to get what they want.” They “spot the weak, prey on those who lack the courage to retaliate.” They “compensate for their deep feelings of inadequacy by conquering others. Deep down they are scared to death.”

5. QUIET SNAKE: Their “quiet demeanor is disarming and even makes you feel sorry for them because they are so repressed.” Underneath they “are conniving, manipulating, cunning and sneaky to win your trust.”

Other masks included are: too cool, martyr, nice guy, tough guy, abuser, eternal optimist, intellect, savior, depressive, depressive, jokester, entitled supporter, loner, victim, over-achiever.

I think the powers of books have been misused, and I’ve allowed them to be my vessel for an escape. Using my imagination to be my bestest friend and allowing my true friends pushed aside.
At some point, I need to remove my mask, allow the world to shine on my face, but even now, that scares me.

I think five years is too long to be alone. And all I’ve been wanting is to be forgotten, and I know that’s not how people should live.

This post isn't really any question, more of a self thinking module. I'm struggling to harvest myself in rebirth, and using my own false expressions as a mask, has almost become a security blanket.

What do you think?

Hilarious Prophet

Charmer? I try too hard sometimes but I'll do my best to get what I want.
I don't anymore. I did it for too long to protect other people.

Mega Noob

Greedy Consumer

I think 5. has a bias against snakes, as if the devil is one or as if the devil is real lol. but everyone wants acceptance they just dont have normal means to obtain it because of their upbringing, I dont want you to think all quiet people are cniving(typo?). But a generalization like this tends to be untrue, unless people subconciously or unconciously wear those masks. In which case the masks are a little reflective of their environments.

Fanatical Zealot

I'm Batman. ninja

Darkesu's Darling

Many people think our masks don't represent our inner selves. However, you must remember that our masks are molded from our faces and sometimes you really can't tell the difference between the two.

Magical Girl

[Informative]

The Betrayer.

Clean Seeker

4,100 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250
Wearing masks in public is normal, even if we don't embrace it as such. The Japanese embrace it and have a name for it: tatemae. It's your public self, your image, etc.

Greedy Consumer

A half-transparent mirror where the edges are like mood rings and it exposes my eyes fully but not my mouth. Perhaps.
And its made of smoke lol.
Or Im full of crap and like the symbology xd or artistry.

But if im too moody it becomes less mirror like and it shows the mood color on the edges, on the face of the mask. Half transparent and made of smoke because its only a half mask.
I only know that mask/s I've worn for years are becoming cracked and I'm starting to feel trapped behind a mask that withholds me fro being who I once was. I'm in the current development of breaking that mask. I posted here, for any insight for those who've felt relation to this or even managed their freedom.

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
If I told you it wouldn't be very good of a mask, the true job of a mask is to make sure you never know it's there.

Greedy Consumer

-Kali-La-Fae-
If I told you it wouldn't be very good of a mask, the true job of a mask is to make sure you never know it's there.
*points* Its your face~!

Greedy Consumer

aFlickerofLight
At some point in our lives, we wear masks. It’s very true, and if you doubt if you have every put a mask on, but believe me you have.

Masks aren’t exactly a bad thing; they can even be used to protect yourself, and even others. Which masks do I mean? The masks you can use at anytime and anyplace. Masks to even hide your identity, hide emotion, and hide truth. Unfortunately, I’ve grown into a master at this, and I never even meant to.

One would say, a mask could have been used to protect you from harming others. That’s probably where my mask has been transformed into, and I can’t take it off. I’ve been pretty skilled at vague answers, and small talk, allowing me to become a very interesting person when I’m obviously uncomfortable with the subject, mainly about myself.

I feel this mask which I can’t see to pull from myself has been pieced together over the years and I think the first piece started in 2009. ‘The incident’ happened and the world was there standing over me, me naked, weak, and vulnerable. This ‘incident’ was my almost death.
Researching what was wrong with me over the years, I had the notion of P.T.S.D. but I feel it wasn’t fitting right. I did come across an article last year about masks. And it’s all there, and I’ve done in some way or form.

1. The SEDUCTRESS: She “doesn’t feel good enough, loved enough, and doesn’t belong unless she is the object of someone’s attention.” She “throws out an energetic hook by being kind, loving, interested, and sexual…”

2. CHARMER: This person is a charismatic lover … master of manipulation … to win favor with the other.

3. PEOPLE PLEASER: These people survive by making others happy … but they overdo … to gain love.”

4. BULLY: Such people are “outwardly loud and pushy” and “use control, intimidation, and threats to get what they want.” They “spot the weak, prey on those who lack the courage to retaliate.” They “compensate for their deep feelings of inadequacy by conquering others. Deep down they are scared to death.”

5. QUIET SNAKE: Their “quiet demeanor is disarming and even makes you feel sorry for them because they are so repressed.” Underneath they “are conniving, manipulating, cunning and sneaky to win your trust.”

Other masks included are: too cool, martyr, nice guy, tough guy, abuser, eternal optimist, intellect, savior, depressive, depressive, jokester, entitled supporter, loner, victim, over-achiever.

I think the powers of books have been misused, and I’ve allowed them to be my vessel for an escape. Using my imagination to be my bestest friend and allowing my true friends pushed aside.
At some point, I need to remove my mask, allow the world to shine on my face, but even now, that scares me.

I think five years is too long to be alone. And all I’ve been wanting is to be forgotten, and I know that’s not how people should live.

This post isn't really any question, more of a self thinking module. I'm struggling to harvest myself in rebirth, and using my own false expressions as a mask, has almost become a security blanket.

What do you think?
to be more serious, people roleplay sometimes, children do, adults do~ lol, its probably healthy somewhat to have a mask. But if its from nervousness its probably unhealthy.

Fanatical Zealot

-Kali-La-Fae-

Unless your goal is to create a symbol instead of a person. xp

Like Batman. ninja

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas