Welcome to Gaia! ::

I feel that way about an anime character. Shes in my signature! =D <3
Nolandon
ROFL...this is...omg...oh wait, this isn't satire?

Man, you people need to stop watching anime and step away from the internet.

I love Sephiroth fangirls. They're all "omgz I wish Sephy was real!" Why? So he could kill you without a second thought? Greath imaginary soul mate you picked out, love. One that could never care about you, or even notice you.

I can't believe that people keep giving ubery cool sounding internet names for all their weird personality quirks. It's called an unhealthy obsession with a piece of paper. Get over it.

rofl That was great, that was really really great!

1,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
Do you agree or disagree?
Well, in my opinion people who "soulbond" are no better or worse than people who think they're vampires, or have the soul of an animal inside them, or believe themselves to be anything else than human.
These are beliefs that should have been dropped as soon as rational thinking is acquired.
Oh God, not this thread again. This is not funny! You people are sad, and you're ruining the internet for the rest of us.
Calaveron
Well, in my opinion people who "soulbond" are no better or worse than people who think they're vampires, or have the soul of an animal inside them, or believe themselves to be anything else than human.
These are beliefs that should have been dropped as soon as rational thinking is acquired.

Well, now there's something to say, for damn sure. See, just because you don't believe the same way, just because there's a difference between you and I, you're going to tell me I'm not a rational human being.

Of course, basing "rationality" on the actions of a normal American, whatever "normal" is, I don't want to be rational, but that's an entirely different discussion.

kaijupaziuri
Oh God, not this thread again. This is not funny! You people are sad, and you're ruining the internet for the rest of us.

And I bet that if the beliefs of a group of people can ruin the Internet for "the rest of you", then it was ruined to begin with. Learn from this.
Cougar Draven
Calaveron

Well, now there's something to say, for damn sure. See, just because you don't believe the same way, just because there's a difference between you and I, you're going to tell me I'm not a rational human being.

Of course, basing "rationality" on the actions of a normal American, whatever "normal" is, I don't want to be rational, but that's an entirely different discussion.

kaijupaziuri

And I bet that if the beliefs of a group of people can ruin the Internet for "the rest of you", then it was ruined to begin with. Learn from this.

No you see, I consider myself rational because I don't believe myself to be possessed by a fairy tale being.
And sure, insult America while you're at it, too. It's the PERFECT rebutal for any argument.
Calaveron
Cougar Draven
Calaveron

kaijupaziuri

No you see, I consider myself rational because I don't believe myself to be possessed by a fairy tale being.
And sure, insult America while you're at it, too. It's the PERFECT rebutal for any argument.

The best thing is, the sarcasm in that last statement has a ring of truth to it. "Crazy Americans", right?

Wrong. I'm perfectly sane, not possessed by any "fairy tale" beings that I know of. Perhaps you should read some of my earlier posts. First of all, I use the word "soulbond" because I don't like explaining. Second of all, my primary soulbond is Layne Staley. I trust you've heard of him. And I have evidence to back it up.
This makes me think of Harvey! biggrin

ANYWAY, I can understand an author having that kind of relationship with her characters, but I find it difficult to see other people connecting with them in that way. When you write, you create a character in your head, and you get to know them so that you can realisticly write about them. Having that kind of relationship with someone else character though? I'm sceptical. There's a difference between relating to/admiring a character, and believing they are with you/talking to them.

I hate my rational side. Takes the fun out of everything.

Although I guess it's not really any less rational then believing that God is with you, and talking to him/her/it.

ninja
kindredkay

ANYWAY, I can understand an author having that kind of relationship with her characters, but I find it difficult to see other people connecting with them in that way. When you write, you create a character in your head, and you get to know them so that you can realisticly write about them. Having that kind of relationship with someone else character though? I'm sceptical. There's a difference between relating to/admiring a character, and believing they are with you/talking to them.

I my rational side. Takes the fun out of everything.

Although I guess it's not really any less rational then believing that God is with you, and talking to him/her/it.

ninja

Jackpot, and it's a thought pattern that could destroy the entire fabric of religion, if we let it...something about that makes me enjoy life a little bit more.
Cougar Draven
Calaveron
Cougar Draven
Calaveron

kaijupaziuri

The best thing is, the sarcasm in that last statement has a ring of truth to it. "Crazy Americans", right?

Wrong. I'm perfectly sane, not possessed by any "fairy tale" beings that I know of. Perhaps you should read some of my earlier posts. First of all, I use the word "soulbond" because I don't like explaining. Second of all, my primary soulbond is Layne Staley. I trust you've heard of him. And I have evidence to back it up.

How can you have evidence of doing something so disconnected from reality?
By all means, show me your evidence. Can't wait to see what you have to say.

(And seriously, the Alice in Chains singer? What?)
Cougar Draven
kindredkay

I hate my rational side. Takes the fun out of everything.

ninja

Jackpot, and it's a thought pattern that could destroy the entire fabric of religion, if we let it...something about that makes me enjoy life a little bit more.

Hmm... The more I think about it the more I realize the truth behind it. In some ways God is just a character in a really, really popular/unpopular book. How is worshiping him any different then soulbonding? Except for the fact that Worshipping/Soulbonding with God is social accepted...

Nurr.... ninja
Calaveron
Cougar Draven
Calaveron
Cougar Draven
Calaveron

kaijupaziuri

How can you have evidence of doing something so disconnected from reality?
By all means, show me your evidence. Can't wait to see what you have to say.

(And seriously, the Alice in Chains singer? What?)

You just gained a hell of a lot of respect for knowing him. And yes. I am completely serious.

For about three years now, I've been a latent fan of Alice in Chains. Had "Dirt", never really listened to it much. Until about a year ago, that is. About a year ago, I was looking for something to listen to, and I saw "Dirt". Now, at the time, I knew about six Alice in Chains songs. Rooster, Angry Chair, Them Bones, Man in the Box, Down in a Hole, and What the Hell Have I. I put the CD in my player, and listened to 13 tracks of grungy goodness. I knew every song.

Same thing with Unplugged.
And the self-titled release.
And Jar of Flies.
And now Facelift.

I know every song Alice in Chains has released, most of them before I'd even heard them. Not to mention the fact that I cried when I heard the news about him passing on.

Of course, there is more. There's always more. The number 19 is significant to me. And I was born exactly six months, to the day, away from Layne's birthday. The only difference was the year. And how old was Layne when I was born? 19.

Not to mention the fact that I've been told I sound like him, just with a deeper speaking voice. My natural singing voice is roughly the same as his.

And let's not forget my favorite thing. Reality is subjective.
Cougar Draven
Calaveron

kaijupaziuri

You're damn straight. I used to think that it was all fun and games. Let's all get along, let's all be diverse, whoopee. But NOW we've got, lemme see here, *****, sex stalkers, Neo-nazi's, alien conspiracy theorists, babyfurs, vore fetishists, people who think they're video game characters, the French, scat-lovers with Livejournals, Islamic terrorist cells, and now fan fiction fans who believe their imaginary friends are real. It's getting so bad I can't even go LARPing with my amputee-furry-Nazi cosplay groups without having that nagging doubt that I, too, may someday end up as pathetic as the guys on that amputee-furry-Nazi cosplay LJ mailing list.

And not to butt into another conversation, but how is saying you have some kind of spiritual connection to a made-up character the least bit rational?
kindredkay
Cougar Draven
kindredkay

I my rational side. Takes the fun out of everything.

ninja

Hmm... The more I think about it the more I realize the truth behind it. In some ways God is just a character in a really, really popular/unpopular book. How is worshiping him any different then soulbonding? Except for the fact that Worshipping/Soulbonding with God is social accepted...

Nurr.... ninja

Of course it's socially objected. A lot of people do it.

But when you get someone like me, who soulbonds with a man who died of a her0in overdose in 2002, and in fact views him as a deity, people have problems with that. These people suck.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff