Men are men
can't we all get along
and ******** till the end?

I prefer my version. twisted
OpiumPrime
Xiam
OpiumPrime
foxxykitty27
Where the ones who said you should get raped the same ones who accused you of being pro-rapists? Hmm.

Probably, it's from tumblr.
I said I'm not a feminist,
mostly anon messages.
Argument took place, ended up deleting everything.
Cause more would come.

Avoid that topic like the plague. Especially on Tumblr. Nothing good can come from it. They'll either demonize you or hope for some agreement to inflate their smug sense of superiority.

Such is the way of the opinionated individual.

Tumblr has made feminists incredibly loud stupid and paradoxical these days.

I fixed it, because I hardly consider those known as Tumblr Feminists feminists at all. They are a disgrace to the feminist movement. Just like the LBGTQ3DP(etc.) community on there. Horrible people.

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
GSK Lives
OpiumPrime

I have no stance on feminism.
Why do I have to have a stance?

Everybody does.

Quote:
Why do I have to be part of a cause that I clearly
do not want to be a part of?

So you don't believe that women should have equal protection under the law, nor should they be afforded the same oppurtunities at pursuing careers and endeavours outside of their gender role?

Quote:
Why is it, if I'm not with it, I'm against it?

Either you think that women should stick to gender roles, or they shouldn't. There is no middle ground on that.

There is a s**t LOAD of issues on the planet,
are you okay with that?
Are you gonna help them all?
No? Then you are for famine, war, genocide,
dictatorship and these awful s**t happening.
~~~
You are not part of it? Then you want them to all suffer horribly.

There are people who hear about awful things on the news or internet,
and they do nothing. Does that make them for it and just as bad inflicting these awful acts?
No.

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
The Ephemeral Fantasy
You do not know what being tired of Feminism is ´til you are a male living in Spain.
The land where men are guilty unless proven innocent and criticizing Feminism is forbidden.

omg... I shut my mouth for you.
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

Ah ha! So you DO believe in a women first policy because if you can't be an egalitarian, you must be a feminist.

Well, you believe in a men first policy, so it evens out.

Not really. Being that I believe in equality and all, you're really going to have to point out where I said women's rights should be taken away.

Soon as you point out where I said that men's should.

Every time you post s**t against the MRM of course.

You lose. Try again. Something specific. Till then, you get nothing from me and are trying to take away women's rights.
OpiumPrime

are you okay with that?
~~~

and they do nothing. Does that make them for it and just as bad inflicting these awful acts?
No.

I thought we were talking about opinions here, not actual advocacy? Though yes, I do engage in advocacy, though I've had to be incredibly picky about who I help. My fight for women's rights, though, is purely selfish. I have no problem admitting this.

And actually, I do something about it, namely through teaching women how to use a firearm in self defense.

You won't even a take a side, though that's okay, issues this broad will hit you and not care if you stay neutral or not.
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

Ah ha! So you DO believe in a women first policy because if you can't be an egalitarian, you must be a feminist.

Well, you believe in a men first policy, so it evens out.

Not really. Being that I believe in equality and all, you're really going to have to point out where I said women's rights should be taken away.

You lose. Try again. Something specific. Till then, you get nothing from me and are trying to take away women's rights.

You're the one trying to take away women's rights since you say no women should be feminine.
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

You're the one trying to take away women's rights since you say no women should be feminine.

Never said that. Just said I look down on women who try to be feminine. I never said word 1 about forcing them to. If they want to be weak, their choice to be it. I won't get in the way of it.
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

Never said that. Just said I look down on women who try to be feminine. I never said word 1 about forcing them to. If they want to be weak, their choice to be it. I won't get in the way of it.

STILL makes you the misogynist that you say I am.
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

Unlike you, though, I don't intend to force women into traditional roles nor do I regard them as inferior beings. I also think that women can be raped, unlike you.
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N
GSK Lives
Yobyaxes N

Unlike you, though, I don't intend to force women into traditional roles nor do I regard them as inferior beings. I also think that women can be raped, unlike you.

And yet you STILL haven't shown me where I've actually said any of that.

But what can I expect from a radfem?

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
GSK Lives
OpiumPrime

are you okay with that?
~~~

No.

I thought we were talking about opinions here, not actual advocacy? Though yes, I do engage in advocacy, though I've had to be incredibly picky about who I help. My fight for women's rights, though, is purely selfish. I have no problem admitting this.

And actually, I do something about it, namely through teaching women how to use a firearm in self defense.

You won't even a take a side, though that's okay, issues this broad will hit you and not care if you stay neutral or not.

At this point, we are talking about both.

And I am not part of the feminist movement, also purely of selfish reasons..
I do not care for other females being oppressed, it has nothing to do with them being females.
I honestly do not care how people have it bad out there.
I'm just living my damn life.

And here I am complaining about a broad issue
throwing the word pro-rapist around me.

Have another friend who volunteers at an Animal Shelter,
but does she force people to take animals in?
Does she say
"if you don't adopt this cat, then you hate cats and because of you it's going to die."
Absolutely not.

Why do feminists just do there feminism thing,
they'd get a lot more done and not looked down on
if they did that instead of calling everyone who is not like them a Pro-Rapist.

Friendly Phantom

9,250 Points
  • The Wolf Within 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
The Willow Of Darkness
OpiumPrime
The Willow Of Darkness
OpiumPrime
Azg
OpiumPrime

Not all of them,
but some are completely ruthless.
eek
My feminist friend is more for forcing people to be feminists
rather than doing something for the actual cause....
It sounds harmless.

I never explained the "forcing" part which included
continuously having your friend call you a pro-rapist
then go through history all these horrible things that has happened to women
and saying I encourage the same actions in the future.

by simply not considering myself a feminist

In a long drawn out sense, she is almost right. By rejecting feminism, you are implying the movement and what argues is not necessary, and also not acting as a conduit to spread its ideas.

If someone thinks everyone being a feminist is the only way to address issues women face (and many people new to the movement do, as they are excited about finding ideas which can adders the problems they notice in society), a person rejecting feminism registers as opposition to the only way they will achieve their goals. And they would be right, if such social change was as simple as everyone being a feminist.

It, of course, isn't. Since social change involves a mass of people, it doesn't necessarily require everyone be part of a movement. Feminism could achieve many of its goals without everyone identifying as feminists, let alone actively campaigning on the issue (indeed, it is actually important some people don't. There are other issues which need address too. Not everyone has the time to fight for feminism).

I will say, however, that she may well be right in some of her claims about you. People who feel the need to actively reject feminism often do dismiss many of the issues it identifies. Feeling the need to disassociate oneself from feminism is often accompanied by a disagreement or rejection of what it presents as a problem. I would have to see you discuss these issues to identify if, and how, this was the case.

I am rejecting feminism,
doesn't man I am against it.
~~~
There are problems all around the world,
genocide and famine,
am I gonna do anything about it?
Probably not.
Does that mean I'm for famine and killings?
NO
~~~
I think it'd be 10x worst if I said I was a feminist,
and then absolutely nothing for the cause.

This sets of warning bells for me: all you are doing is defending the idea you are not part of what causes the issue, rather than identifying why or how you disagree with any argument of feminism.

While it would, indeed, be misleading to go around claiming you are a feminist, as if you were an advocate for those issues, when you didn't actually do any work on them, your denials are an active rejection. Your friend, in asking whether you are a feminist is trying to learn whether or not you aware, and agree, with the issues feminism raises. So when you reject feminism, she thinks you are denying any of the issues feminism raises exist.

I do not deny these issues,
I know they exist.
Sorry if I'm not bothered by every bad thing out there.

I'm more focused on my individual life.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces