Welcome to Gaia! ::

Strawberry Macaroons
Michael Noire
I think we have over the last 6000+ years...

Are you one of those 'the world is 6,000 years old' Types?

wut?
that wouldn't make any sense. I said over the last 6000+ years we have evolved socially but also taken steps backward, which implies our social evolution also include devolution is a recent thing.

Put another way, I am saying that for the last 6000 years people have not evolved considerably socially, while prior to that time, we apparently managed to make the progress that led us to civilization.

or put yet another way...

wikipedia

For world history, recorded history begins with the accounts of the ancient world around the 4th millennium BC, and coincides with the invention of writing. For some regions of the world, written history is limited to a relatively recent period in human history. Moreover, human cultures do not always record all information relevant to later historians, such as natural disasters or the names of individuals; thus, recorded history for particular types of information is limited based on the types of records kept.

Obviously it becomes hard to prove social progress and regress prior to recorded history, because the lack of records makes it difficult to substantiate...anything.
...The hell is all this about?

Do you ever type in cogent thoughts?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas