Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Businessman

Be Lateralus
King Halloween
Be Lateralus
King Halloween
Be Lateralus
King Halloween

It's said that each of your 12 astrological houses oversees an aspect of your future life.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

In a birth chart each house is ruled by a sign which says which says different aspects in your life will follow a certain respect. then the Planets in each house will have their influences as well. You don't really get into the future so much until your start progressing the birth chart which is where you start finding what kind of transits you are suppose to go though during certain periods or years of your life.

And as far as the other guy is concerned i would ignore him. He is being narrow minded. Jungian Physcology is still a wildly excepted area of study and any true enlightened individual knows that all things are relative and open to each own's interpretation.

I see. That is a very interesting concept. I'm going to have to find a way to get my detailed birth chart so I can see for myself.

What made you begin to believe in astrology?

My conversion to paganism. Most of which was spurred by my study in Jungian Psychology.
If you want at sometime check out my shop. Eventually I'll start doing Astrology reads but I just haven't found out yet how I want to do it and what I want to charge. Full Birth charts are not very easy for me to do yet so those might cost quite a bit but I think i'll do like just certain parts for cheaper. for now I just doing Numerology and Tarot

That actually brings up another form of personality profiling that I have heard of. Numerology. I can safely say that numbers and the concept of counting pretty much rules our world. I've heard of concepts regarding finding your personality # via your name as well as via your birthdate. What is your experience with this?

Yup sure thing. Numerology is actually way easier than astrology but is also more general because of that. A lot of numerology is based on intuition where astrology is more "scientific"

Yeah, I think the numerology that follows the letters in your name can't be accurate at all. What if I legally change my name? O.o

Invisible Prophet

7,350 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
King Halloween
Be Lateralus
King Halloween
Be Lateralus
King Halloween

I see. That is a very interesting concept. I'm going to have to find a way to get my detailed birth chart so I can see for myself.

What made you begin to believe in astrology?

My conversion to paganism. Most of which was spurred by my study in Jungian Psychology.
If you want at sometime check out my shop. Eventually I'll start doing Astrology reads but I just haven't found out yet how I want to do it and what I want to charge. Full Birth charts are not very easy for me to do yet so those might cost quite a bit but I think i'll do like just certain parts for cheaper. for now I just doing Numerology and Tarot

That actually brings up another form of personality profiling that I have heard of. Numerology. I can safely say that numbers and the concept of counting pretty much rules our world. I've heard of concepts regarding finding your personality # via your name as well as via your birthdate. What is your experience with this?

Yup sure thing. Numerology is actually way easier than astrology but is also more general because of that. A lot of numerology is based on intuition where astrology is more "scientific"

Yeah, I think the numerology that follows the letters in your name can't be accurate at all. What if I legally change my name? O.o

Your name is a part of you. Like people it can change. the one that is more important to look at is the Life Path Number that is based off your birth date and so never changes. the others are basically what you need to achieve in life, What you attribute yourself with and how other see you. Those are things that can change about people. We take on new names as we take on new identities. That is why it is often a good idea to do numerology based on nicknames. those are a part of you just as much if not even more than a legal name is

Dangerous Businessman

Hahaha, no matter if I use my full name, nick name or birthdate. My number is always 1 (or 10). Which seems to portray me fairly accurately.

Tipsy Smoker

King Halloween

What are your opinions on the two popular methods of categorizing your personality?

I'm speaking of
1. Astrological Birth Charts -- Which supposedly map out your entire personality based on the Time, Day, Month and Year you were born (not that day to day predict your future horoscope crap).
2. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) -- Which asks you to answer a series of questions then categorizes your psychological type.

Do you think there is any validity in either of these methods?
Hey baby, what's your sign?

1. I believe whole-heartedly in the validity of star charts, but I think people have this huge stigma against it for obvious reasons. I mean there are crack-pots horoscopes out there that ruin it. But its all really about perceptive changes. I think both with psychological assessments and with astrological charts you can get a refreshing look at who you are at what you do. People do have patterns if they're born in certain time frames, and people change based on their environments.

Astrology helps you see perspective that can help you find the answers to who you are and how to handle relationships with others and with obstacles ahead.

So with categorizing my personality I think it plays a heavy hand in finding the answers to who I am.
Same to the types: its another test that I can then base on the information and understanding I have beforehand.

Big Wolf

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
INTJ then.
And a female one. Pretty rare.

Giver

9,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Clambake 200
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
I only actually believe the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (and no, that doesn't mean the tests that claim to be Myers-Briggs that you take online) because from observation it seems that it has a higher rate of accuracy and it makes more sense. The stars have little if anything to do with people's personalities and behavior and honestly I think people who believe in that just need something to hang onto to give their life direction or meaning.

I'm an INFJ and my astrological sign is Capricorn.

Bunny

King Halloween

Well I suppose these things can't be proved nor disproved. Though it makes me wonder if the people who do read them and believe are simply falling into a type of self-fulfilling prophecy once they realize how they are "supposed" to act. Its that, coincidence, or there is some validity in these things.

I've personally found complete birth charts to be... Interesting to say the least.

Though I'm quite intrigued, to say the least, toward the profiling and typing of people of a various spectrum;
I don't necessarily envelope the general concept of said personalities as something that we stumble across of and then 'go with it', as in,
think it's all we are, in spite the full description presented before us.

True, we may share on a semi-deep level that it gives us a better understanding of how we function; but as the testing states itself;
"this should never be used to strictly define who we are."

Giving us the free-will and breathing space to flourish as we please.

(Unless of course, a person does take it that way.
That's just how they choose to be on their part.)

I find it's much easier to get a good idea of how the person actually functions and thinks based upon their discovery,
but it shouldn't be a strict means of; "Oh, so you're only like this?"

I put my Myers Briggs type in my signature to let others' know how I come off as.
At least, to those who bother looking it up to do just a tidbit of research.

I also feel as though it brings certain people closer, in a sense where-as; a specific type of personality would emerge before me,
and we find ourselves to be compatible with one another.

It definitely prevents the knot in the neck stress build of having to deal with an excessively open, overly dramatic, squealing and shrieking child-like ignoramus.

Oh; and,

My horoscope is;

Sun: Aries
Rising: Gemini
Moon: Virgo.

To put a long list short, that is.

Bunny

Mynolis
INTJ then.

Fellow rarity!

Pure-hearted Seeker

7,700 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
King Halloween

What are your opinions on the two popular methods of categorizing your personality?

I'm speaking of
1. Astrological Birth Charts -- Which supposedly map out your entire personality based on the Time, Day, Month and Year you were born (not that day to day predict your future horoscope crap).
2. Myers-Briggs Type Indicator (MBTI) -- Which asks you to answer a series of questions then categorizes your psychological type.

Do you think there is any validity in either of these methods?
Hey baby, what's your sign?

Greetings friends.

I know that many do not believe in things such as this, but,
I do feel like astrological charts, if read by a skilled astrologer,
can be impressively accurate. Based on a few calculations one
can draw up a blue-print of who you are and who you can be.

It cannot tell you everything, because we are mutable, we change,
but it can be pretty spooky. I do believe in it, but I do not believe it
is perfect. As for the psychology tests. I also believe in the validity
of them, but they are fallible to an extent, and for the same reason
as the charts... We change. Things around us also change.

^_^

Astral Fairy

11,825 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Nerd 50
  • Invisibility 100
Both I believe are purposely vague to try and fit everyone.

Though I give a bit more credit to the Myers-Briggs version because it is more in depth.
I do always score a consistent variable.

Big Wolf

9,450 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Senpai's Notice 100
Atrophied Pig
Mynolis
INTJ then.

Fellow rarity!
o/
Mine was "Practically perfect in every way" when last I checked.

Bunny

Mynolis
Atrophied Pig
Mynolis
INTJ then.

Fellow rarity!
o/

*o

Powerhungry Genius

44,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
by the way, I'm a female INTJ.

Justice Genius

Having researched both in depth, Jung's initial descriptions, in pertinence of his 'discovered' cognitive functions, do exist. Though even as the man himself has pointed out, every living human being holds these functions in varying and certain degrees.

Thus the complications adherent of 'Well this sounds like me, but this sounds like me too'

Though of course, one also has to take into account the confirmation bias and things like it.

Astrology, my own beliefs, there are definite mortal, global and celestial energetic patterns that affect things (on a massive scale) to a far higher degree than most people realize. Speaking in terms of electromagnetism. People holding their own electromagnetic fields (auras), it is possible to override extrinsic effects.

Everything electromagnetic beimg information, the informatiom absorbed can have a definite effect on a system's course and a system's General emission.

Brain being electromagnetic in function, heart being many times more powerful in pertinence of its own emf, light is electromagnetic etc,

Relate that to the confirmation bias.

Basically, DNA also being electromagnetic antennas, astrology personality profiles i believe are, for the most part, true. Though in terms of astrological predictive capabilities, fields are always changing dependent of and in relation to a person's environment, feelings, will, emissions, receptions, etc,

Because the earth has an emf. Varioua states dependent of its local relation to the sun. Seasons, etc, though the field can also change via the hearts of the people. Really dc if you guys believe me, the vast majority of intellect in ED is held by naive realists as opposed to true and honest skeptics.

Aka douches and trolls with a brain.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces