Welcome to Gaia! ::

Oi, people, read the bloody stickies. Spamming is a no no in ED

Anyway, my personal input...he sounds emo.

But, just in case he isn't. Call the police. They'll take him to the hospital. Sad to say, your friend will get thrown in the psych ward.
Try to hang out with them... call them on the phone...

alot of people claim suicide and don't mean it... but I believe you and that your friend is serious... if he does kill himself IM each one of the people being asses on here.

but yeah... try to go to his place or get him to visit you. Just being around someone can help so much at times like these
Lebbon
If he's considering it, then this may push him over the edge. As I continue to say, just give him a small dose of attention now, then confront the situation of attention-seeking when it's safe.

I really think you're missing the point. You're suggesting that this friend gets the attention he or she wants so that, later on down the road, when someone takes a dump in their Wheaties, they do the exact same thing.

I say put a stop to it. If he's got that much psychological problems, let someone who won't run around in a crazy fit take care of it. "I'm commiting suicide." "OMFG no plz i swr i will talk u out of it!!!!!1! just let me talk 2 other ppl who don't know u at all, because they will have better insight on u!"
if you really care for him, you should call 911 and tell them the situation.
HackySackMaster
He's kidding. He's not serious. If he was he wouldn't be talking to you about it. He wants you to talk him out of it. Let him go.

Omg. I so agree. If he was really gonna kill him self he would go ahead and do it, not sit around and talk about it. I agree w/ HackySackMaster.
tell him you love him and that if he dies, he will make you miserable.. that people need him... destiny needs him.. he needs to search for destiny, and that all gifts come in time... all things come in time... and to hold on to all he has because sooner or later he'll have more then he could ever imagine... heart i've been down that road, and it's friends liek you who care who stopped me...dont say anything stupid.
I saith:
This has happened to me a LOT.
Just try to be there for that person. Don't yell at them saying "DON'T KILL YOURSELF YOU IDIOT!". But don't act strangely distant, like "Okay, kill yourself. But I'll be sad if you die." None of that.
Just listen to them. Understand them. Help them express theirself to you.
You should tell an authority figure if you strongly believe that he will take his own life.

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
talk about some really gory ways to die and such, ways to die that will just totally gross him out and not want to kill himself n e more. OR you can let him spill his heart out (expression his problems and emotional stress) and after wards, instead of making a comment (unless he asks for one) that includes "don't die" kinda thing just say something like "Even though i haven't experienced what you have, i understand what it must be like" or somethin, really they just want a shoulder to cry on and someone to listen to them.
Kaoru Udashi
talk about some really gory ways to die and such, ways to die that will just totally gross him out and not want to kill himself n e more.

I saith:
Don't do that. It only gives them ideas.

Mega Entrepreneur

16,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Mireiko-sama
Kaoru Udashi
talk about some really gory ways to die and such, ways to die that will just totally gross him out and not want to kill himself n e more.

I saith:
Don't do that. It only gives them ideas.
it was a joke, reread it i added stuff

actually my friend was suicidal and thats what we did, talk about creative ways to die an all that cause when other people told her "Don't die" and blah blah blah it only made her feel worse, but after we talked about that she said she actually felt better afterwards
if he's going to hurt or kill himself what are you doing online? get to him and help him face to face. that way you'll know that he won't do anything stupid and you can be there for him.
Tell him you care about him. Tell him you'd miss him. Ask him why.

Oh, and as a last ditch resort, yes, call the psych ward.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff