Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Don't ever watch the Hellsing Ultimate Abridged Parody.
You'll die from shock.

Conservative Citizen

9,900 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Person of Interest 200
Glitter Gumdrop
O.o.... Is this no longer being kept under control? Everyone in this ED seems to be losing it...

Or has this become cool?....

1. It was never under control.

2. Everyone in the ED has indeed lost it. Including myself, although I was insane many, many years before I ever came to this wretched site.

3. It's not that it's some new fad, it's that most people online seem to think that cursing makes them seem edgy and cool. Forums like the ED are somehow worse, because you'd think people in the "smart people section" would be able to get their point across without cursing, which is pretty much the easy-out in any language. Can't think of a logical, true, yet witty and well thought-out reply? Just send a "******** you!"

Swapper

5,800 Points
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Conversationalist 100
Glitter Gumdrop
the reverend silver
Glitter Gumdrop
O.o.... Is this no longer being kept under control? Everyone in this ED seems to be losing it...

Or has this become cool?....

It was never forbidden.

From 2003 to when I was last here... 2012? It was.
No it wasn't.

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
toasega

3. It's not that it's some new fad, it's that most people online seem to think that cursing makes them seem edgy and cool. Forums like the ED are somehow worse, because you'd think people in the "smart people section" would be able to get their point across without cursing, which is pretty much the easy-out in any language. Can't think of a logical, true, yet witty and well thought-out reply? Just send a "******** you!"

The "smart people" don't give two ******** about swearing.

Dapper Genius

5,875 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Glorious Leader Luna
The "smart people" don't give two ******** about swearing.

I've read studies that go both ways on that.
The problem, unfortunately, with any controversial topic that breaks social norms is getting past the propoganda.

I had my GP tell me that weed was chemically addictive, which the chemistry doesn't support, and highly psychologically addictive, which the statistics totally don't support. She then went on to tell me it was a gateway drug, at which point I totally lost my s**t and advised her to read the WHO studies based in the Netherlands, Spain and Belgium.
To her defense, the next time I saw her she conceded unconditionally.

Invisible Senshi

I've noticed that many users on the Extended Discussion forum are...usually angry. When people are angry, they cuss/curse A LOT. It makes the sentences sound STRONGER, #$&#^##%!!!! I thought it was always like that?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff