Welcome to Gaia! ::

Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

If you considered yourself a straight man what would you be looking for?

Neil Young's heart of gold is not the correct answer.
...Fine, but someone has told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes, and flowers in her hair

She sounds inebriated.

Dapper Reveler

CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

...Fine, but someone has told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes, and flowers in her hair

She sounds inebriated.
Well, in Napoli that have a saying for when the world seems to shine, like an excess of wine.
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

She sounds inebriated.
Well, in Napoli that have a saying for when the world seems to shine, like an excess of wine.

Apparently the standard of driving there is truly dreadful, even by Italian standards.

Dapper Reveler

CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

She sounds inebriated.

Apparently the standard of driving there is truly dreadful, even by Italian standards.
You're mixing up your stereotypes, it's girls and asians that can't drive. Italians are pretty loud though.

Another thing i want from a girl is that sort of innocent and nonsensical devotion, the kind that anger only implies that they care and are comfortable near you, the sort of thing that really doesn't need a reason always just implied. Like the sort of thing my ma shows me.
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

She sounds inebriated.

You're mixing up your stereotypes, it's girls and asians that can't drive. Italians are pretty loud though.

Another thing i want from a girl is that sort of innocent and nonsensical devotion, the kind that anger only implies that they care and are comfortable near you, the sort of thing that really doesn't need a reason always just implied. Like the sort of thing my ma shows me.

You've apparently never been to Italy. Also:

Unable to identify Vimeo video URL.
What does it mean to dress female or to dress male? What part of our DNA suggests that we were born to wear dresses, and what part suggests to strictly wear pants? Style and what it represents is purely subjective. There may be things that represent masculine to some, while others authority, and there are some that view it as neither.

Dapper Reveler

CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO
Avgvsto
CH1YO

She sounds inebriated.

You've apparently never been to Italy.
Nope just a simple merican man.

Shameless Man-Lover

Okay. So. Gender identity has NOTHING TO DO WITH sexuality. If a women who likes other women feels that she is actually a man, then this person would be a transsexual FTM who likes women, or a straight man. That is all there is to it.

Being transsexual (or feeling like you're not in the right body as far as gender goes) has no baring on sexuality in any way, shape or form.

On the other hand, being a lesbian doesn't make you a girly girl or a tomboy right off the bat. Lesbians are just like any other group of women; some want to be more feminine; some prefer to dress less feminine.

Lonely Saint

Firstly, a lesbian and a female-to-male transsexual are two vastly different things. A lesbian is a woman sexually/romantically interested in other women only. A female-to-male transsexual is a person who was assigned female at birth but identifies as a male and wishes to or has undergone medical/social transition to live as a man.

A transsexual man is a man, and can be of any sexual orientation (gay as in interested in other men only, bisexual, heterosexual as in interested in women only, etc.). Pre-transition, his appearance will probably be masculine in style, and some lucky dudes even pass as men before hormonal treatments, but that's not a given, and many pre-everything transsexuals choose to remain closeted in public and may only wish to be recognised as their target sex in smaller circles, such as amongst friends and family.
Your scenario seems to concern a pre-transition transman living in the male gender role publicly, as in, he has not undergone hormonal treatment or surgery of any kind to alter his physical sex, but prefers male pronouns and recognition as a man in social situations.

Dating him is dating a man. Due to his still explicitly feminine biology, a lesbian may find herself attracted to him and some transmen do date lesbians pre-transition. (Some transmen actually go through a phase where they identify as lesbians, because transsexuality is rare and homosexuality may seem like the more likely option - or the only one you know of.)
A lesbian, however, is unlikely to recognise him as a man and still stay attracted to him, because he is not a woman. Most often relationships like this fall apart.

I can give you a personal example: pre-transition and during the questioning phase, I dated a lesbian woman. When I figured out my identity and we discussed it, she tried to stay, but eventually found herself unattracted to me due to the very fact that in her mind, I had become a man, and she simply isn't into men. We broke up during my social transition, the phase where I started living in the masculine gender role.

Some heterosexual women find themselves attracted to pre-everything transmen. To them, the biological sex of their partner is less relevant than the gender identity and presentation. I know a few heterosexual women in relationship with transsexual men, from whom the most started dating before or during the man's transition from female to male.

Now, after hormonal treatments, an FtM will appear a dude, sound like a dude and grow hair like a dude. Now no lesbian will find herself attracted to the guy, because they simply aren't women nor female. The transsexual man will likely not be seeking out any lesbians at this stage either, because that just seems like a wasted effort. Why the hell would he?

Whether or not the transsexual guy will go under the knife is irrelevant to this, but for the sake of it, let's entertain the thought of a transman who is on hormones and hasn't gone through bottom surgery. I'll start by saying that a large portion of transsexual men do not have surgery on their genitalia, because the surgery results aren't necessarily satisfying, and the risks in a surgery of this scale are big and it is a damn painful procedure with a very long recovery time. Most guys do get top surgery, as in the chest reconstruction/masculinization to remove breast tissue and get a proper male chest.
So our guy is very average and gets his chest done, but not his junk. Is the heterosexual-identifying woman dating him a lesbian for being into his junk?

Firstly, testosterone does things to a p***y. It naturally enlarges the clitoris and turns its appearance more p***s-y, in most cases enough to heavily differ from any natural female clitoris, and in some big enough to pass for a micropenis - some FtMs are able to penetrate with this. So, it's not exactly the female thing anymore, it's something in between there.

Secondly, when a p***y is attached to a person who in every other aspect appears male, its association with femalaness and, more, womanhood drops. It is entirely up to the woman's preferences. For some women, it is explicitly important that her partner, the man, has a biologically male body. They are not attracted to a person whose junk appears female. That is okay.
Then there are equally heterosexual women whose preferences aren't so much in the genitalia as they are in the overall appearance and presentation of the man they are attracted to. This is also okay, and does not change their sexual orientation even in the case they are attracted to a man who was born biologically female and retains his v****a.

Hopefully this lengthy response was of any use, either to OP or someone else.

Benevolent Dabbler

Daydreamer0fly
My first question would be, if you are attracted to women, why is it you date a women who is trying to appear masculine?

Sexuality is more or a spectrum than a binary system. It's not just either straight or gay,
There are people who are attracted to people regardless of their sex or gender expression. They're called pansexuals.
There are lesbians who like butch women, there are bisexual women who like butch women.
There are women who are attracted to women, no matter how they dress.

Daydreamer0fly
There is a female character on the show who considers herself male. She has not had a sex change operation of any sort, so, to be straight-forward: she has a v****a. However, she dresses male, dates women, and goes by a male name. I see this in real life, too, and see no issue with it.
This person is male. More specifically, he is a transgender man.

Daydreamer0fly
If you consider yourself male and do your best to appear this way and be known this way, but have not had a sex change, do you expect to date straight women who want to date males (like you consider yourself) or lesbians who are looking for other females?
Because when it comes down to it, I feel like, if you still have a v****a, looking for a straight girl makes little sense despite how you feel about yourself or how you try to appear on the outside. It's all fine I suppose at first, but the second things get intimate, a straight girl wouldn't want another women's body, right?
I'm not trans* so I can't answer this one for you.
The best people to ask are trans* people. I'm adding some links to the blogs by some trans* people who might take the time to chat with you. [x] [x] [x]
Another option is to just Google transgender, see what comes up, and read stories and stuff from trans* people.

I'd like to add that you did a great job speaking respectfully about trans* people. 3nodding
One little tip: if someone identifies as a gender, it's polite to use their preferred pronouns (so if they feel that they are male, use "he", "him" etc).
Avgvsto
Nope just a simple merican man.

Trust me, the driving is upsetting.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out