Welcome to Gaia! ::

read the topic...

Total Votes:[ 0 ]
This poll closed on January 6, 2005.
No longer accepting new votes.
1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 >

can only black people say nigaz against eachother??...and if a whiteman says it..would it be racism then???? just asking...
...well???....
Its really not accepted or taken well when a white person says it. Just one of those things. Its like making fun of your sister, you can do it all you want, but when someone else does it you jump to her rescue.
It's more complicated than that.

The most important factor is not the noise coming from your mouth, but what message you are trying to convey with that noise, comprendez-vous?

Also, the situation it is used in, the area, the type of people you're around all play into consideration as to whether or not a term is being used offensive.

Not to mention the term's history. For instance queer used to be a derogatory word, but now it's been reclaimed and is used a self-identifying term for the LGBQT community, or rather, the queer community.
YES!
NO WHITE MAN SHOULD SAY THE N WORD!
yes. It's not right. Its kinda like if a girls starts calling guys on the phone they are become known as "a boy chaser" but if guys starts calling guys on the phone it's okay. It's messed up.
I actually wondered about that too.

If they don't want others to call them ******, why do they call other black's it?

I guess it's like calling friends b***h, ho, etc. You don't mean it. I call my friends cow, they just giggle and say: "Thanks. You too"
But why it is like that, I don't know. It.. just is.
But if a black and white are friends I think they would call each other bad names for fun.
I mean I have a white boyfriend and if he says the n word I get pissed. I mean....if you were me wouldn't you.
But I mean that's if he says it.
Maybe it's just a comfort thing. I swear this topic comes up everywhere...
but when you do it for fun ...just to tease that somebody...what happens then...will you like hate him/her forever...or...????
Just another double standard, I can think of about twenty if you like.
Kokobeanzz06
Maybe it's just a comfort thing. I swear this topic comes up everywhere...

ooh okey...i didn't know....so...cuz i'm just wonderig...
It depends on the person. I guess some black people are "okay" with White people saying it. But me, if you say it to me, i'm going to be pissed and probably want to kick your a**. I just think it's the people you say it to.
It should definetly be used sparingly if you're a white dude. Dave Chappelle was talking about his "Black White Supremacist" skit, and on the streets, a white guy would come up to him and say something like, "Oh, that sketch about them niggers was funny!" He wouldn't be pissed, he'd just be shocked.
Also, once, i was hanging out in Cambridge with my friend Luke and a couple of girls (All four of us where white), and Luke was giving one girl a piggyback ride. They fell, and a couple of big black guys came up, and said something like "Aw, *****, are you alright?" So that was kinda strange. But, either way, I try to use it very, very sparingly.
Then I think some people find it a problem with interacial relationships because if you get mad and start cussing and a word that's not supposed to come out comes out, then you already know something is going to go wrong. But I see no problem with me and my Robby, as long as we know each other and trust, and promise not to call each other things, we're good.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff