Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unsealed Phantom

Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
I say that the USA should have a wall built around them. No one is allowed in (and of course, no one is allowed out.) Then we parachute crates of guns all around the country and let the USA finish themselves off.

That would solve a number of problems.

Like modern medicine, space exploration, and world military balance.

I'll agree with your statement about modern medicine because it seems evident so far that the USA is the leading developer in modern medical science. But I don't agree with the space exploration part. China seems to be taking the advantage now.

And I don't know what you are talking about when you say "World Military Balance." The USA isn't causing any balance in the world; it's just an imperialist power that is apparently oppressing many countries across the world. If there was any military balance, then most countries would have forces that have the same effectiveness as the US army does. But that is not the case, Carthage is not as strong as modern Rome.

Also, if the USA were to be wiped out in some way. Be it a nuclear holocaust in the US only, or an anarchist uprising that eventually causes famine and genocides, or a zombie outbreak; there will be another country to replace the current role of the USA in the world. I think that it would be China but I can't be prophetic about the future; I can only guess based on what I know.

But then, I don't know if China would take over the USA's role because once Rome collapsed; the rest of the Roman world was divided into smaller factions. But then again, they didn't have another empire that is counter balancing them like the USA has with China.

Anyway; the point is that happiness will likely increase for a short amount of time. Any ideas of progress come secondary to what makes us happy. For instance, I don't care about discovering life on Mars because it won't make me happy. What makes me happy is simply love, freedom of choice and safety in my lifestyle and in the lifestyle for future generations. I don't need modern technology for any of those things and we can both agree on that.

Why is being happy the only goal? If that's the case I want people to be alive; also China has never even been to the moon and can barely compete at all. I want people to be alive, to be healthy, to be fine, so if the actions will kill millions, maybe even billions, then how will that make you happy?

Also we're not imperialist. In any form. North Korea would have already invaded South Korea, Iran would have invaded Israel, Turkey, maybe all of Europe, South America and Africa would still be colonized. Stuff like that.

I'll ignore the second parts of your discourse because I don't feel like getting into such a discussion at this time.

Why is being happy the only goal? Well, I don't want much else out of life than to be happy, personally.

Also this :
Quote:
I want people to be alive, to be healthy, to be fine, so if the actions will kill millions, maybe even billions, then how will that make you happy?
That's something that you have said that you want so I fail to see how your desires are connected to mine. I want people to be alive, to be healthy; I also want the rest of the community of life to be like that and the Earth as whole. I want the future generations to be like that too. If the actions towards that kill millions, maybe even billions, so be it because their actions are already killing billions.

Fanatical Zealot

Lorenzaccio
Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
I say that the USA should have a wall built around them. No one is allowed in (and of course, no one is allowed out.) Then we parachute crates of guns all around the country and let the USA finish themselves off.

That would solve a number of problems.

I'll agree with your statement about modern medicine because it seems evident so far that the USA is the leading developer in modern medical science. But I don't agree with the space exploration part. China seems to be taking the advantage now.

And I don't know what you are talking about when you say "World Military Balance." The USA isn't causing any balance in the world; it's just an imperialist power that is apparently oppressing many countries across the world. If there was any military balance, then most countries would have forces that have the same effectiveness as the US army does. But that is not the case, Carthage is not as strong as modern Rome.

Also, if the USA were to be wiped out in some way. Be it a nuclear holocaust in the US only, or an anarchist uprising that eventually causes famine and genocides, or a zombie outbreak; there will be another country to replace the current role of the USA in the world. I think that it would be China but I can't be prophetic about the future; I can only guess based on what I know.

But then, I don't know if China would take over the USA's role because once Rome collapsed; the rest of the Roman world was divided into smaller factions. But then again, they didn't have another empire that is counter balancing them like the USA has with China.

Anyway; the point is that happiness will likely increase for a short amount of time. Any ideas of progress come secondary to what makes us happy. For instance, I don't care about discovering life on Mars because it won't make me happy. What makes me happy is simply love, freedom of choice and safety in my lifestyle and in the lifestyle for future generations. I don't need modern technology for any of those things and we can both agree on that.

Why is being happy the only goal? If that's the case I want people to be alive; also China has never even been to the moon and can barely compete at all. I want people to be alive, to be healthy, to be fine, so if the actions will kill millions, maybe even billions, then how will that make you happy?

Also we're not imperialist. In any form. North Korea would have already invaded South Korea, Iran would have invaded Israel, Turkey, maybe all of Europe, South America and Africa would still be colonized. Stuff like that.

I'll ignore the second parts of your discourse because I don't feel like getting into such a discussion at this time.

Why is being happy the only goal? Well, I don't want much else out of life than to be happy, personally.

Also this :
Quote:
I want people to be alive, to be healthy, to be fine, so if the actions will kill millions, maybe even billions, then how will that make you happy?
That's something that you have said that you want so I fail to see how your desires are connected to mine. I want people to be alive, to be healthy; I also want the rest of the community of life to be like that and the Earth as whole. I want the future generations to be like that too. If the actions towards that kill millions, maybe even billions, so be it because their actions are already killing billions.

But they aren't. Billions of people are already alive right now. Your absurd notion of pollution has no bearing on that.

What insures that billions of people will die, and if so, why do you want to kill them early?

Unsealed Phantom

Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
Suicidesoldier#1
Lorenzaccio
Suicidesoldier#1

Also this :
Quote:

But they aren't. Billions of people are already alive right now. Your absurd notion of pollution has no bearing on that.

What insures that billions of people will die, and if so, why do you want to kill them early?

You're linking all of my ideas about civilization with my idea that Happiness comes before progress. You're not going to trump what I say by doing that.

Also, when I say billions, I take into account the 200 species that go extinct every day and the billions of trees, cattle, chickens that die for the needs of millions of humans.

I don't want to kill them persay, it's just that overpopulation has already happened and it's something that is destroying the planet.

Fanatical Zealot

Lorenzaccio

You're linking all of my ideas about civilization with my idea that Happiness comes before progress. You're not going to trump what I say by doing that.

Also, when I say billions, I take into account the 200 species that go extinct every day and the billions of trees, cattle, chickens that die for the needs of millions of humans.

I don't want to kill them persay, it's just that overpopulation has already happened and it's something that is destroying the planet.

I didn't do that at all. I say that the two are interconnected, that progress is equal to happiness; when our standard of living improves, when life is easier, when we no longer have to fight every day to survive, when water and food comes to us as the touch of a button, life is easy. With medicine we live longer, in the future perhaps forever or millions of years. We could have infinite clean power from nuclear and other issues.

If you were in control of the planet, billions would be dead. I want you to remember that, for it to eat at you, to tear at you. I want you to know that if you could make the decision, you'd have killed billions, for an idea you blindly support. You're too stupid to find another way, so you want to resort to global genocide. That's why this is important.

Really, so overpopulation is a problem, you're absolutely 100% sure of that?

Okay, go ahead, explain why.

200 species disappear every day, that doesn't mean it's humanity's fault. 99% of all the species that have ever existed are already dead. 96% of all life, total on earth, was killed in the Permian–Triassic extinction event. Billions of chickens die; okay, their life span is 4 years. Cattle life spans are 8-10. Cattle and chickens produce secondary goods, such as milk and eggs, many hundreds of pounds if not tons of them during their lives. With a cow, they are roughly 10-20 times larger than a human, and humans can find nourishment in just .5% of their body weight without major issues daily. So, these cows live full lives, as do the chickens, we just live past them, by living to 75 on average; there are 7 billion people on the planet, and maybe 9 billion cows. Maybe humane conditions in various factories can be changed, but ranching is not an issue. Trees? Yes, trees get chopped down, and we plant new ones in tree farms. The majority of our wood is coming from tree farms.

How is any of this a problem?

You want to kill billions of people on that planet. You owe it to all of humanity to have a reasonable explanation as to why, even if you could never succeed or it was a hopeless pursuit. If you're saying because it would just make you happy then you're a sick man.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff