Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hey, just curious here cause I'm probably in the minority here, but I'd just like to see as a quick survey to see if there are any Christians out there who are interested in zombies, it's alright if you are and I'm not gonna freak out on anyone - I've been a Christian for four years so I'm relatively new to this, and I'm not perfect - maybe even a little weird but that's okay cause God loves me anyway. So if you are or aren't just post it here. I think they're interesting personally because to me it represents how even in a person is at their possible worst there's still hope (understandable if you don't agree but please be respectful - also maybe watch the movie Warm Bodies if you haven't seen it already. It's a remarkable movie, just shows that Love can cure all things - talking about God's love of course). So there it is, please be nice, try not to hate. A person can disagree but still show respect. I won't judge.

Conservative Vampire

10,150 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Is this some terrible "Zombie Jesus" joke because I will probably throw my computer out the window.
If it isn't, then yeah. I like the walking dead, Left4Dead games and other stuff..... I still don't understand the point though....
yeah, I believe in God and am an avid zombie fan. Hell, look at my siggy. That should answer any question on how I feel about the creepies.
I've talked with people from different sects of Christianity who believe that the generation born in the end times will be soulless, or like zombies. They point to various scripture prophesies about things like totally wasted civilizations with horrible people doing awful things, and point to people who are dead inside.

What I have seen from various encounters with pharma patients and the like, is people cutting and choking themselves to get off, and people feeling like they can't feel anymore. Then there's the bath salts people, and the various diseases that drive people crazy. There's lots of conspiracy stuff about vaccines or drugs that would make people like zombies or drones as well. Subliminal messages, high frequency weapons, all sorts of stuff.

I don't see anything supporting the traditional "virus = semi immortal rotting flesh walking corpses that eat brains" but I do see variations on this theme.

I think prepping for a tiny zombie encounter from drug addicts on bath salts who eat people's faces is a sound practice. prepping for an "apocalyptic" scenario in which people are largely controlled by propaganda or hit by nerve gas and act like they have rabies, or are victims of a local economic collapse or whatever leading to anarchy and riots - yeah, that makes sense too.

I don't see any Christians with enough super powers to cure any of these zombie patients, so I'm not sure if there is anything beneficial for the potential zombie slayer to gain from observing zombies from a christian perspective, other than a general awareness that people can be awful.

Tipsy Smoker

I don't see anything wrong with science fiction.
Chahklet
I don't see anything wrong with science fiction.

genres like sci fi and fantasy don't matter ethically, but specific content, particularly narratives can be quite unacceptable. Narratives teach people cause and effect, and from that, right and wrong. If you put enough makeup on the devil, and make the angels look tyrannical and primitive, eventually the narrative will have people saying exactly the the opposite of the truth, and believing it.

Festive Dabbler

29,590 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Conversationalist 100
Out of curiosity, why is your inquiry Christian specific? Also, if you want to chat about movies, you might want to try the entertainment discussion.
Misty Moonsilver
Is this some terrible "Zombie Jesus" joke because I will probably throw my computer out the window.
If it isn't, then yeah. I like the walking dead, Left4Dead games and other stuff..... I still don't understand the point though....

The Walking Dead is offensively bad.
Michael Noire
I've talked with people from different sects of Christianity who believe that the generation born in the end times will be soulless, or like zombies. They point to various scripture prophesies about things like totally wasted civilizations with horrible people doing awful things, and point to people who are dead inside.

What I have seen from various encounters with pharma patients and the like, is people cutting and choking themselves to get off, and people feeling like they can't feel anymore. Then there's the bath salts people, and the various diseases that drive people crazy. There's lots of conspiracy stuff about vaccines or drugs that would make people like zombies or drones as well. Subliminal messages, high frequency weapons, all sorts of stuff.

I don't see anything supporting the traditional "virus = semi immortal rotting flesh walking corpses that eat brains" but I do see variations on this theme.

I think prepping for a tiny zombie encounter from drug addicts on bath salts who eat people's faces is a sound practice. prepping for an "apocalyptic" scenario in which people are largely controlled by propaganda or hit by nerve gas and act like they have rabies, or are victims of a local economic collapse or whatever leading to anarchy and riots - yeah, that makes sense too.

I don't see any Christians with enough super powers to cure any of these zombie patients, so I'm not sure if there is anything beneficial for the potential zombie slayer to gain from observing zombies from a christian perspective, other than a general awareness that people can be awful.

Well that's the thing, I understand and appreciate your point of view, but sometimes what people miss with Christianity is that yes, people can do and be evil, but there's also a chance for them to be good. Paul the Apostle says, "help me do good even while I do evil." I'll be honest, not exactly sure what part that is of the Bible but it's still nonetheless a good example of showing that while we all do need to make a choice, people can be good and have so much potential and hope, even if they don't see it. And also, no, it's not about Christians having super powers, we don't. It isn't what we can do but what the God we serve is capable of, because we're just people with flaws. Anyway, we could debate for hours but I really just wanted to see if there were people out there who are Christian and don't have a problem with zombies or think that they're from the devil. Question answered, and thankyou for your input mrgreen
Old Blue Collar Joe
yeah, I believe in God and am an avid zombie fan. Hell, look at my siggy. That should answer any question on how I feel about the creepies.

Awesome, it's nice to know there are others out there who aren't freaked out by our undead friends xD (I mean, just to clarify, I don't think zombies are actually out there, but it's an interesting subject and metaphor for the lost and downtrodden).
Misty Moonsilver

No, it's not a zombie Jesus joke... frankly I think those kinds of things are unnecessary, maybe more than a little disrespectful, but I'm not going to condemn those people because that's not my job.

Sparkly Shapeshifter

12,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Person of Interest 200
My grandma thinks you should never get a tattoo because there will be a holy apocylapse and everyone's body will rise from the graves and go to heaven.

I think she forgot about other forms of corpse storage/removal, and basic decomposition ...
Blood Valkyrie
My grandma thinks you should never get a tattoo because there will be a holy apocylapse and everyone's body will rise from the graves and go to heaven.

I think she forgot about other forms of corpse storage/removal, and basic decomposition ...

Nothing wrong with tattoos, I'm just not crazy about needles . . .
catspook
Out of curiosity, why is your inquiry Christian specific? Also, if you want to chat about movies, you might want to try the entertainment discussion.

To be honest it's also kind of market research for a book I'm thinking about writing with my husband. And also the reason it's Christian specific, like you said is because I was mostly just curious to see how many people in the faith had an interest in zombies or at least weren't put off by them. Curiosity.
catspook

Also people that aren't Christian can feel free to come and comment, my intention wasn't to make anyone feel like they weren't allowed. Because truthfully I'd like everyone to read this book, not just Christians. Like I said just also wanted to see where people stood on the subject of zombies as well.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff