< 1 2 3

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Teilia
Lullenheimer
I agree. I actually really liked Kit and Grace's story throughout Asylum, but I just loved Grace in general and I also enjoyed Tate Langdon SO much in Murder House that I think he's what made Kit interesting for me (because, overall, Kit really was a boring character, actually).

I think what I also enjoyed most about Murder House was that it didn't rely on blood and guts to be scary--it was much more psychological horror, the kind that got under your skin and not just gory and in your face like most horror is today. Of course, it still had it's moments, but they were minuscule in comparison to Asylum, and Asylum still wasn't total gore, just disturbing imagery. There are scenes in Asylum that make me feel sick to my stomach just thinking about them, not so much because they're disturbing in a gross way, but disturbing in a "holy s**t, that's ******** up, I can't--I can't do this!" kind of way.

Best bit bolded for emphasis. Yes yes yes yes. Murder House was set in (pretty much) a single, seemingly inescapable location that was always out to get the main characters and wasn't fully explained until the end. It was perfect psychological horror, and it used the typically gory subject of murder and went further: "what happens when you're murdered in a gruesome way, and then have to spend eternity in the place where you died?" And in some cases, with the person that murdered you.

I did admire Kit's romance plot, I guess; multiracial polygamous family living fairly peacefully until y'know people got axed to death? Cool beans. Beyond that, though, I was always pretty bored whenever Kit and Grace were the focus--especially once the aliens turned out to actually be a real thing. I mean, wasn't the demon/religion aspect enough? I think the Asylum series felt off to me because it was so spread out. You had the demon/religion plot, the alien plot, and the psychotic serial killer plot--too much going on, and not enough to connect them and make it feel cohesive.

Asylum really did have WAY too much going on as far as story goes. Way too many subplots and it just kind of kept your head spinning. I mostly liked it because it could disturb me (not that I'm difficult to disturb or anything). It's kind of like when you read a book and it just gives you "feels," which is, more often than not, difficult to do in writing, and for me, somehow, the disturbing imagery and the fact that it got me really uncomfortable made it more enjoyable for me as a horror show, but I still prefer Murder House because it was much more... charming? Which is kind of funny way to describe it.

I liked that it focused on the horror of the family, and that is never touched on enough in anything. Family can be poisonous because you're expected to make these people proud, to live up to their expectations, and because Tate was the only "normal" child, Constance placed so much of a burden on him to be perfect and it really ******** him up. I thought that was the perfect way to show just how ******** up family can be.

But it also touched on the fact that, despite your wrongdoings, you can make it right and work it out if you really love that person enough. So it evened out the playing field. You got to see the horribly ******** up version of it, and the version where, no it's not perfect, but it got better, and some people need to remember that when going through family/spousal s**t. No one is perfect, and sometimes people you love are going to ******** hurt you like you never thought they could before, but when you really love someone, forgiveness is usually what it takes to set everything right.
i def think season 1's the best aka murder house
though, i didn't want season 2.
& imo, season 3 was just plain boring

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
cahtea
i def think season 1's the best aka murder house
though, i didn't want season 2.
& imo, season 3 was just plain boring

See, I wish I could have an opinion on Season 3. I'm sure I could find a streaming site, but I'm so friggin' lazy, haha!

Demonic Lover

☠I really, really enjoyed coven. I've loved witches ever since I was very little.☠

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Cannibal Girls
☠I really, really enjoyed coven. I've loved witches ever since I was very little.☠

Aaaah, I wanna see it so baaad!

I've always had a thing for witches, too. They're, like, the perfect symbol of female power. smile

Beloved Phantom

7,050 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
Thread update: What are you looking forward to for Freak Show? Do you have any expectations or hopes for the fourth season? Anything that you want the writers to stay away from in writing the fourth season?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff