Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
I watched this movie. And I may have never had the enjoyment of playing the games, but I thought it was cool there were a few more things in her than most other movies. (I have watched the walkthroughs) And trust me. There are a few more factors than most of the movies.

For one thing, Leon was suppose to be dead in the second movie. He was in this one, and wearing the same outfit (and jacket!) from the fourth movie. Barry Burton was actually in here. Beard and all! Wesker of course survived. If he didn't, then it really would be othing like the games. If you had watched the commercials, you would have seen Ada. And yes, there is romantic tention between her and Mr. Kennedy. They also finally introduced a new virus. Though is would actually be parasite. Remember Las Polagas fans? Yep. It is in there.

So they did include a lot of things that were never in ther other movies. Though Jill is still under the controle of that bug. So she is in the movie as such. And yet it still gives a sence of it's own thing. I think because this one also includes a few factors from the books as well.

So you all may be saying that I have ruined the movie with all this. WRONG! cat_whee I never even his the surface. Trust me. You haven't watched yet? You should! cat_xd

6,100 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Brandisher 100
I saw it a few nights ago.
Like you, I never really got into the video games, however I love the movies.
Unfortunately I did not see it in 3D, but meh, whatever. /:
The only problem (if you wanna call it that) I had with this movie was all the slow motion.
I mean, really. Every 30 seconds. Lol.
I LOVED THE MOVIE mrgreen Me and my girlfriend saw it twice and on the second time seeing it I proposed to her.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
alex loves chrissy
I LOVED THE MOVIE mrgreen Me and my girlfriend saw it twice and on the second time seeing it I proposed to her.

Wow! I hope she said yes! If so congrats!
She did say yes it made me very happy smile
Animefreak6423
alex loves chrissy

Wow! I hope she said yes! If so congrats!

Sparkly Hellhound

Animefreak6423
I watched this movie. And I may have never had the enjoyment of playing the games, but I thought it was cool there were a few more things in her than most other movies. (I have watched the walkthroughs) And trust me. There are a few more factors than most of the movies.

For one thing, Leon was suppose to be dead in the second movie. He was in this one, and wearing the same outfit (and jacket!) from the fourth movie. Barry Burton was actually in here. Beard and all! Wesker of course survived. If he didn't, then it really would be othing like the games. If you had watched the commercials, you would have seen Ada. And yes, there is romantic tention between her and Mr. Kennedy. They also finally introduced a new virus. Though is would actually be parasite. Remember Las Polagas fans? Yep. It is in there.

So they did include a lot of things that were never in ther other movies. Though Jill is still under the controle of that bug. So she is in the movie as such. And yet it still gives a sence of it's own thing. I think because this one also includes a few factors from the books as well.

So you all may be saying that I have ruined the movie with all this. WRONG! cat_whee I never even his the surface. Trust me. You haven't watched yet? You should! cat_xd

Leon was not in the second movie, or ANY of the movies. =3= He was in the second and sixth game ( RE: Code Veronica and RE0 were released before RE4 game wise.) I refuse to watch any of the RE movies after the second. The storyline.. is just far too skewed and Mary Sue'd up its sad. I attempted to watch Afterlife and walked out of that one. They turned Jill Valentine into nothing.. just a support feature when she is a powerhouse in the games. Wesker is about the only character that stayed spot on. The Ashfords.. oh how they ruined a deliciously twisted storyline from the games by taking the namesakes for a blender disaster.

They messed up trying to tie in the characters and storylines of the games into one singular OC character. By doing so, they completely stripped the canons of their prowess and story. I like the CG RE movies much, much better. Total chaos, though the world still turns. Unlike the live action movies which try to follow the development of the later RE direction in a post-apocalyptic world. No survivors equates to no market for the viruses to be sold upon therefore no application of the baddies. But! To each their own.

Hygienic Bloodsucker

8,150 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Full closet 200
-Requiem-Seraphim-
Animefreak6423

Leon was not in the second movie, or ANY of the movies. =3= He was in the second and sixth game ( RE: Code Veronica and RE0 were released before RE4 game wise.) I refuse to watch any of the RE movies after the second. The storyline.. is just far too skewed and Mary Sue'd up its sad. I attempted to watch Afterlife and walked out of that one. They turned Jill Valentine into nothing.. just a support feature when she is a powerhouse in the games. Wesker is about the only character that stayed spot on. The Ashfords.. oh how they ruined a deliciously twisted storyline from the games by taking the namesakes for a blender disaster.

They messed up trying to tie in the characters and storylines of the games into one singular OC character. By doing so, they completely stripped the canons of their prowess and story. I like the CG RE movies much, much better. Total chaos, though the world still turns. Unlike the live action movies which try to follow the development of the later RE direction in a post-apocalyptic world. No survivors equates to no market for the viruses to be sold upon therefore no application of the baddies. But! To each their own.

Than you for correcting me. I meant game. Not movie... And there is actually a newspaper in the second movie saying why he was not in the movie. Anyway. The reason why they did the movies the way they did was to give it it's own feel. Some people who played the games would have been disapointed if it was the exact same. I understand what you mean though. I will say that there were a few things in the new movie that did anger me. But I still loved it because I knew it was just a new recipe from the games. Same with the books. Just a new recipe to the same thing. Thank you for your opinion though. sweatdrop

Dangerous Phantom

7,750 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
I personally love all Resident Evil movies

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
I'll need to see this.

Sparkly Hellhound

Animefreak6423
-Requiem-Seraphim-
Animefreak6423

Than you for correcting me. I meant game. Not movie... And there is actually a newspaper in the second movie saying why he was not in the movie. Anyway. The reason why they did the movies the way they did was to give it it's own feel. Some people who played the games would have been disapointed if it was the exact same. I understand what you mean though. I will say that there were a few things in the new movie that did anger me. But I still loved it because I knew it was just a new recipe from the games. Same with the books. Just a new recipe to the same thing. Thank you for your opinion though. sweatdrop

No problem! I saw the brief newspaper clipping in the second movie, and think they really should have explored that angle a bit, rather than just introduce this character off the bat who knows what is going on, how to deal, and then zip. Nothing on her.

I understand that with movie adaptations they are doing it to reach many different target audiences, that the game/book fanbase alone won't generate the profits they desire and they have to tweak here and there and rewrite to make it appealing to those not familiar with the title. Fans wouldn't mind a puzzle here and there, but the average movie goer would lol. I would have enjoyed it more if they had tried to make it original while leaving out all the main character components of the game and not made the storyline so twisted. All original characters visiting Raccoon City or stumbling upon a lab would have worked just as well as making the movies featuring the game characters with original support characters.

I mean, Silent Hill was VERY well done blending original with canon. Original characters taking center stage and support characters aiding along in the canon setting. I know the biggest complaint from those that weren't familiar with the games was how confusing the ending was. Now with the sequel, they seem to be going right off of Silent Hill 3. So it'll be interesting to see how that goes. Show me the Robbie!!

Another interesting adaptation done, was book to screen of Guardians of Ga'Hoole. With that movie, you HAVE to remember that the author helped rewrite that entire story to make it less dark, and to put the main story highlights and characters into 90 minutes or so of film.

Thanks for listening and knowing how to take other people's opinions! 8o Take care!
lol wow. aside from the horrible writing, directing, acting, casting,...um everything. it was one of the worst movies that i have ever seen in my life. i have seen a lot of bad movies, but this s**t was the most over budgeted film in the history of mankind.

they added a bunch of irrelevant people to a stupid irrelevant story. then they dressed the people up like characters in the video games, gave them the corresponding name and thought it was a good idea.

and you people loved it. rofl this film was a ******** joke. i pity you all.

1,900 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Dressed Up 200
logan the god of candy
lol wow. aside from the horrible writing, directing, acting, casting,...um everything. it was one of the worst movies that i have ever seen in my life. i have seen a lot of bad movies, but this s**t was the most over budgeted film in the history of mankind.

they added a bunch of irrelevant people to a stupid irrelevant story. then they dressed the people up like characters in the video games, gave them the corresponding name and thought it was a good idea.

and you people loved it. rofl this film was a ******** joke. i pity you all.

This.

That was the worst movie in the series yet. And all the ones past the first are terrible. This was just a new level of crap. Also, Las Plagas isn't new, it was in Afterlife, another sign that Paul Anderson has no idea what RE even is.

Popular Tycoon

10,175 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
i don't get the whole "make wesker the good guy" thing. in the trailer, it felt like he was still the villain and Alice was gonna devote the entire movie to tracking him down in the middle of all the chaos sweeping the world in order to kill him; because IN THE TRAILER, when Alice said "i'm gonna kill you", she said it to Wesker when he was on the screen in that facility, and he said back to her "good luck with that".
plus, he mentioned something about "we've taken over Moscow, New York, Tokyo, etc etc." it sounded like he was still plotting to take over. why the change?
plus, they make Carlos, and Rain the bad guys. i can understand Jill, cuz of the ending of afterlife, but why those two? confused

one thing though; i still liked the final battle between Alex, Jill, Leon, Luther, and Rain;
but i feel bad for Luther. may he R.I.P. crying
i really liked it and 3d wasnt bad at all i like the games as well c:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas