Welcome to Gaia! ::

King Kitten

I'm starting to fill up my IMDB watchlist with 365 movies I'm going to watch in 2015 - a movie a day. I'm looking for new movies, old movies, mostly anything but romance. Thanks for your help!

Raider

*hops in and cracks knuckles*
THIS IS WHAT I WAS BORN TO DO

The Hunt - A Dutch film about a middle aged man who is trying to gain custody of his son while working at a Kindergarten. A simple lie blows up in his face and the entire town turns against him. Leaves you with a feeling of dread and you're basically really upset and angry throughout most of the movie.

Another Earth - A rather unknown film that was recommended to me and I happened to very much enjoy. It's a movie about a girl whom is trying to get her life back on track after a terrible accident. Meanwhile, it has been discovered that a new planet has formed near Earth-- and it's another Earth they quickly realize. Explanation is bad, but the movie makes you think. There is a vicious car accident scene, so be aware.

Absentia - A woman and her sister begin to discover links between a tunnel and mysterious disappearances, including the sister's husband. Certainly not amazing, but it's well done and captivating. A few scares here and there.

Hard Candy - Starring a young Ellen Page, it's hard to explain what the movie is about without giving it away and it's better going in without knowing anything about it. The movie is chilling.

Stranger Than Fiction - Will Ferrell's greatest role, easily. A man who is the definition of normal and boring begins to have someone narrate his life.

Tucker and Dale VS Evil - A dark comedy movie, much like Shaun of the Dead. Hillbillies are accused of murder by a couple of college kids while out in the woods. Whole movie is very gory. One of my favorites!

The Road - If you're into post-apocolyptic settings, this is the movie for you. It's a story of a man and his young son trying to survive in a dead, unforgiving world ravaged by cannibals and death. It will leave you emotionally drained. I wish you luck when watching it.

Cabin in the Woods - Horror movie about 5 friends who stay in the woods together and stuff starts going wrong. Sounds like your typical crappy "cabin in the woods" movie but it's SO MUCH BETTER.

Memento - About a man with short term memory loss trying to figure out who raped and murdered his wife by clues left behind by himself. Amazing movie, will have to watch it more than once.

Speak - I LOVE THIS MOVIE. It's a movie about a freshman girl (played by Kristen Stewart) who becomes a selective mute. This is easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

Home Movie - I found this on youtube. It's a collection of a family's home movies, documenting a couple and their twin children. Movie is extremely chilling and if you want a reason to hate kids, this is the movie to watch. I'd say it's one of the best "found footage" movies I've ever seen. Highly recommended. I found it on youtube!

The Others - It's actually been years since I've seen this movie, and it still stands out in my head. A woman moves into a big, dark house with her children, who cannot be exposed to light. If you like movies with a twist, this is one of the best.

We Need to Talk About Kevin - Another twist movie. Kevin's mother loves her child, although he is strange and over time and as he gets more vicious, she starts to worry. I'd only say watch this movie if you can stomach it. Even thinking about this movie just makes me feel that emotionally drained feeling all over again. You've been warned.

The Green Mile - If you liked the book, you'll hate the movie. If you love this movie, you'll hate the book. I grew up with this movie and I've watched it at least a hundred times. It's about a guard (Tom Hanks) who overlooks the prisoners on Death Row, one of them being a large black man charged with the rape and murder of two young girls, who also happens to have a mysterious gift.

The Usual Suspects - A boat has been destroyed, criminals are dead, and the key to this mystery lies with the only survivor and his twisted, convoluted story beginning with five career crooks in a seemingly random police lineup. It's a great movie and I'm ashamed to say it's been a long time since I last watched it. I don't remember if there's any terrible scenes offhand, so if you're worried about that you may want to look it up.

American History X - If you've never watched this movie you need to fix that. A former neo-nazi skinhead (Edward Norton) is released from jail and he tries to get his younger brother from going down the same path as he did. My mother screamed at me when I first told her I never even heard of this movie. There is a few scenes that can be hard to stomach.

Primal Fear - Another Norton movie! An alter boy is accused of murdering a priest, and when investigated something comes up that complicates the case as investigators try to struggle to get the truth. This movie made Norton's career. Good luck.

Se7en - A rookie cop and one on the verge of retirement begin to investigate a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his trademark. You might have heard of "WHAT'S IN THE ******** BOX?", well, that's this movie. This movie really boosted Brad Pitt's career. Movie involves some disturbing scenes and lots of blood.

The Fifth Element - In a very vibrant, color future, a cab driver stumbles upon a legendary cosmic weapon. Stars Bruce Willis, one of my favorite movies since I was a young. Only recently found out how popular it actually is.

The Boondock Saints - After a simple bar fight on Saint Patrick's Day, twin Irish brothers Connor and Murphy get a message from God and plan on carrying it out no matter what. Lots and lots of cursing and blood, but there good laughs throughout the movie. There's a second one as well!

The Truman Show - A man who lives a painfully boring life discovers his entire life is actually a T.V. show. When I watched this movie in class once a lot of people hated it, but it's easily in my top movies.

Spirited Away - Shame on you if you haven't watched this. A young girl is unwillingly forced to work in a bath house in the spirit world to free her parents. A Miyazaki movie, it's one of my favorite movie's ever. Top 5.

Big - A boy discover his wish has come true when he wakes up the next morning in an adult body. An extremely cute film staring Tom Hanks.

Stand Up Guys - A "mob" movie, staring Christopher Walken and Al Pacino. After serving 28 years in prison, Val reunites with his best friend Doc, who, unbeknownst to Val, was told to kill him. A great movie about friendship and if you like funny, action movies between friends, this is the movie for you.

Last Vegas - 4 childhood friends in their 70's go to Vegas to celebrate the engagement of one of their friends. I actually saw this on a date with the guy who recommended the first movie to me. I found it stupid and funny and just a good movie to watch when you just wanna laugh.

Beaches - Follows the lives of two friends who met in childhood and kept in touch by sending letters to one another as they grew into adults. It's another movie about friendship. It's a chick flick for sure.

Steel Magnolias - A story about a close-knit group of friends who support each other, even when hardships affect them all personally and threatens to change their lives forever. This movie is famous for being the most "chick flick" movie out there, and I love it. You'll just cry a lot.

The Pact - After the death of her mother, a woman tries to come to terms with her past as she spends time in her childhood home, but something still seems off about the house. It's on Netflix and I was really surprised that no one really knows about this movie, especially when they don't like the newer horror movies. It's on Netflix and one of the best "hidden gems" on there.

Exam - 8 candidates for a highly desirable corporate job are locked in a room together in a room, given only a few rules and a test so simple and confusing that things begin to turn sour very quickly. Watched it recently and was thrown off by how good it was. There is a very disturbing scene a little more than halfway through. I almost punched my screen when it ended though.

Hide and Seek - After the death of his wife, and man moves to rural New York with his young daughter in hope of a starting anew. When his daughter begins to talk about her imaginary friend Charlie, he soon discovers that he made a bad decision. It's a psychological horror with a twist ending. I love this movie so much.

Pleasentville - A brother and sister from the 1990's find themselves inside a television show which takes place during the 1950's. They try to adjust to this new world while also trying to discover a way back to their own. However, because of their presence things begin to drastically change in the seemingly perfect world. I should rewatch this soon, it's a really cute and eye-opening movie.

Tideland - A movie about a young girl who, because of some terrible family problems, lives on an abandoned Texas farm by herself and her imagination. I WARN YOU ABOUT THIS MOVIE IT'S REALLY ******** UP. No one warned me and I had to continuously pause the movie every 20 minutes and take deep breaths. There entire movie is one disturbing scene and no matter what type of person you are, at least one thing in this movie will freak you out.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - A 1920's version of The Odyssey. Three escaped convicts stick together as they try to escape the law. For YEARS my mother and brother would talk about how funny this movie was. Finally I sat down and watched it and I cried I laughed so hard. Some people won't find this movie funny, but it's one of the funniest one's I've ever seen. Stars a young George Clooney.

The Help - Tells the story of the civil rights movement of the 1960's, focusing on the lives of the black maids who care for the white families and the hardships they go through daily. I'm sure you've at least heard of this movie. I adore it.

Thelma and Louise - An Arkansas waitress and a housewife shoot a rapist and take off in a '66 Thunderbird. Movies was the start of Brad Pitt's career.

Original Gaian

My list of favorite movies which are worth watching:
Thelma and Louise
Green fried Tomatoes
Boys on the Side
Con Air
Grave of the Fireflys
The Book of Eli
Some of my favorite movies:
- Good Will Hunting
- The Glass House
- Battle Royale
- Passengers
- Shutter Island
- The Strangers
- Silent Hill

King Kitten

Wasteland Survival Guide
*hops in and cracks knuckles*
THIS IS WHAT I WAS BORN TO DO

The Hunt - A Dutch film about a middle aged man who is trying to gain custody of his son while working at a Kindergarten. A simple lie blows up in his face and the entire town turns against him. Leaves you with a feeling of dread and you're basically really upset and angry throughout most of the movie.

Another Earth - A rather unknown film that was recommended to me and I happened to very much enjoy. It's a movie about a girl whom is trying to get her life back on track after a terrible accident. Meanwhile, it has been discovered that a new planet has formed near Earth-- and it's another Earth they quickly realize. Explanation is bad, but the movie makes you think. There is a vicious car accident scene, so be aware.

Absentia - A woman and her sister begin to discover links between a tunnel and mysterious disappearances, including the sister's husband. Certainly not amazing, but it's well done and captivating. A few scares here and there.

Hard Candy - Starring a young Ellen Page, it's hard to explain what the movie is about without giving it away and it's better going in without knowing anything about it. The movie is chilling.

Stranger Than Fiction - Will Ferrell's greatest role, easily. A man who is the definition of normal and boring begins to have someone narrate his life.

Tucker and Dale VS Evil - A dark comedy movie, much like Shaun of the Dead. Hillbillies are accused of murder by a couple of college kids while out in the woods. Whole movie is very gory. One of my favorites!

The Road - If you're into post-apocolyptic settings, this is the movie for you. It's a story of a man and his young son trying to survive in a dead, unforgiving world ravaged by cannibals and death. It will leave you emotionally drained. I wish you luck when watching it.

Cabin in the Woods - Horror movie about 5 friends who stay in the woods together and stuff starts going wrong. Sounds like your typical crappy "cabin in the woods" movie but it's SO MUCH BETTER.

Memento - About a man with short term memory loss trying to figure out who raped and murdered his wife by clues left behind by himself. Amazing movie, will have to watch it more than once.

Speak - I LOVE THIS MOVIE. It's a movie about a freshman girl (played by Kristen Stewart) who becomes a selective mute. This is easily one of my favorite movies of all time.

Home Movie - I found this on youtube. It's a collection of a family's home movies, documenting a couple and their twin children. Movie is extremely chilling and if you want a reason to hate kids, this is the movie to watch. I'd say it's one of the best "found footage" movies I've ever seen. Highly recommended. I found it on youtube!

The Others - It's actually been years since I've seen this movie, and it still stands out in my head. A woman moves into a big, dark house with her children, who cannot be exposed to light. If you like movies with a twist, this is one of the best.

We Need to Talk About Kevin - Another twist movie. Kevin's mother loves her child, although he is strange and over time and as he gets more vicious, she starts to worry. I'd only say watch this movie if you can stomach it. Even thinking about this movie just makes me feel that emotionally drained feeling all over again. You've been warned.

The Green Mile - If you liked the book, you'll hate the movie. If you love this movie, you'll hate the book. I grew up with this movie and I've watched it at least a hundred times. It's about a guard (Tom Hanks) who overlooks the prisoners on Death Row, one of them being a large black man charged with the rape and murder of two young girls, who also happens to have a mysterious gift.

The Usual Suspects - A boat has been destroyed, criminals are dead, and the key to this mystery lies with the only survivor and his twisted, convoluted story beginning with five career crooks in a seemingly random police lineup. It's a great movie and I'm ashamed to say it's been a long time since I last watched it. I don't remember if there's any terrible scenes offhand, so if you're worried about that you may want to look it up.

American History X - If you've never watched this movie you need to fix that. A former neo-nazi skinhead (Edward Norton) is released from jail and he tries to get his younger brother from going down the same path as he did. My mother screamed at me when I first told her I never even heard of this movie. There is a few scenes that can be hard to stomach.

Primal Fear - Another Norton movie! An alter boy is accused of murdering a priest, and when investigated something comes up that complicates the case as investigators try to struggle to get the truth. This movie made Norton's career. Good luck.

Se7en - A rookie cop and one on the verge of retirement begin to investigate a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his trademark. You might have heard of "WHAT'S IN THE ******** BOX?", well, that's this movie. This movie really boosted Brad Pitt's career. Movie involves some disturbing scenes and lots of blood.

The Fifth Element - In a very vibrant, color future, a cab driver stumbles upon a legendary cosmic weapon. Stars Bruce Willis, one of my favorite movies since I was a young. Only recently found out how popular it actually is.

The Boondock Saints - After a simple bar fight on Saint Patrick's Day, twin Irish brothers Connor and Murphy get a message from God and plan on carrying it out no matter what. Lots and lots of cursing and blood, but there good laughs throughout the movie. There's a second one as well!

The Truman Show - A man who lives a painfully boring life discovers his entire life is actually a T.V. show. When I watched this movie in class once a lot of people hated it, but it's easily in my top movies.

Spirited Away - Shame on you if you haven't watched this. A young girl is unwillingly forced to work in a bath house in the spirit world to free her parents. A Miyazaki movie, it's one of my favorite movie's ever. Top 5.

Big - A boy discover his wish has come true when he wakes up the next morning in an adult body. An extremely cute film staring Tom Hanks.

Stand Up Guys - A "mob" movie, staring Christopher Walken and Al Pacino. After serving 28 years in prison, Val reunites with his best friend Doc, who, unbeknownst to Val, was told to kill him. A great movie about friendship and if you like funny, action movies between friends, this is the movie for you.

Last Vegas - 4 childhood friends in their 70's go to Vegas to celebrate the engagement of one of their friends. I actually saw this on a date with the guy who recommended the first movie to me. I found it stupid and funny and just a good movie to watch when you just wanna laugh.

Beaches - Follows the lives of two friends who met in childhood and kept in touch by sending letters to one another as they grew into adults. It's another movie about friendship. It's a chick flick for sure.

Steel Magnolias - A story about a close-knit group of friends who support each other, even when hardships affect them all personally and threatens to change their lives forever. This movie is famous for being the most "chick flick" movie out there, and I love it. You'll just cry a lot.

The Pact - After the death of her mother, a woman tries to come to terms with her past as she spends time in her childhood home, but something still seems off about the house. It's on Netflix and I was really surprised that no one really knows about this movie, especially when they don't like the newer horror movies. It's on Netflix and one of the best "hidden gems" on there.

Exam - 8 candidates for a highly desirable corporate job are locked in a room together in a room, given only a few rules and a test so simple and confusing that things begin to turn sour very quickly. Watched it recently and was thrown off by how good it was. There is a very disturbing scene a little more than halfway through. I almost punched my screen when it ended though.

Hide and Seek - After the death of his wife, and man moves to rural New York with his young daughter in hope of a starting anew. When his daughter begins to talk about her imaginary friend Charlie, he soon discovers that he made a bad decision. It's a psychological horror with a twist ending. I love this movie so much.

Pleasentville - A brother and sister from the 1990's find themselves inside a television show which takes place during the 1950's. They try to adjust to this new world while also trying to discover a way back to their own. However, because of their presence things begin to drastically change in the seemingly perfect world. I should rewatch this soon, it's a really cute and eye-opening movie.

Tideland - A movie about a young girl who, because of some terrible family problems, lives on an abandoned Texas farm by herself and her imagination. I WARN YOU ABOUT THIS MOVIE IT'S REALLY ******** UP. No one warned me and I had to continuously pause the movie every 20 minutes and take deep breaths. There entire movie is one disturbing scene and no matter what type of person you are, at least one thing in this movie will freak you out.

O Brother, Where Art Thou? - A 1920's version of The Odyssey. Three escaped convicts stick together as they try to escape the law. For YEARS my mother and brother would talk about how funny this movie was. Finally I sat down and watched it and I cried I laughed so hard. Some people won't find this movie funny, but it's one of the funniest one's I've ever seen. Stars a young George Clooney.

The Help - Tells the story of the civil rights movement of the 1960's, focusing on the lives of the black maids who care for the white families and the hardships they go through daily. I'm sure you've at least heard of this movie. I adore it.

Thelma and Louise - An Arkansas waitress and a housewife shoot a rapist and take off in a '66 Thunderbird. Movies was the start of Brad Pitt's career.

SWEET TAP DANCING MOSES.
Well. That was... A lot. But very helpful, so thank you! ^_^
Now here's my breakdown if you're interested. cat_whee

Seen it:

Cabin in the Woods (little bit disappointed in the ending, but that seems to be the case with me and most horror films, however good the rest of the movies is. Oculus was the same way. Loved it, but the ending left me going "Wha- REALLY? You're ending it like THAT?" wink

Memento (AHHHHH THIS MOVIE. It, along with Inception, is on my list even though I've seen both because they're movies you just NEED to watch twice. Love it <3)

The Others (SUPER slow, but the ending was one of the best I've ever seen)

The Green Mile (I'm tearing up just thinking about it.)

Se7en (Reason I watched it? Supernatural. Reason I loved it? BECAUSE IT WAS FRICKIN' AWESOME. xD)

The Truman Show (It was SO hard for me to not put this on the list.)

Spirited Away (I AM NOT SHAMED! xD I love Hayao Myazaki.)

Big (This is the only movie you've listed to which I say NEVER AGAIN.)

O Brother, Where Art Thou?

On My List:
Another Earth

Hard Candy
(I found these first two on a list of underappreciated films)

The Usual Suspects

American History X
(I'm working on fixing it! Haha! xD)

Steel Magnolias

New Additions:
Stranger Than Fiction

Tucker & Dale VS Evil (I LOVE the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. If this doesn't measure up to SotD, I'm holding you accountable. xD Haha!)

The Road (VIGGO MORTENSEN ASDFGHJKL)

Speak (*sigh* Kristen Stewart, really? Well, the plot seems really interesting and exactly my cup of tea, so hopefully she won't ruin it.)

Home Movie (Not a fan of found footage - gives me a headache - but this seems pretty interesting, so I'm going with it. I should probably have at least one found footage film on my list anyway. ^_^)

We Need To Talk About Kevin

Primal Fear (Guess what? WatchMojo spoiled the end for me. :/ It was my own fault really, I was warned. Still look forward to seeing it though! I nearly forgot about this one.)

Last Vegas

The Pact

Exam

Hide and Seek

Pleasentville

Tideland

Raider

Gallifrey Stands
SWEET TAP DANCING MOSES.
Well. That was... A lot. But very helpful, so thank you! ^_^

Wasn't lying when I said I was made for this thread. I can add more if you'd like.User Image

Gallifrey Stands
Tucker & Dale VS Evil (I LOVE the Three Flavours Cornetto trilogy. If this doesn't measure up to SotD, I'm holding you accountable. xD Haha!)

It's certainly not as great as the Three Flavors Cornetto trilogy, but it's certain high up there and I can rewatch it a hundred times and not get bored. Everyone I've recommended it to gave positive reviews.User Image

Gallifrey Stands
Speak (*sigh* Kristen Stewart, really? Well, the plot seems really interesting and exactly my cup of tea, so hopefully she won't ruin it.)

NO SHE DOES THE PART GREAT SHE'S PERFECT FOR IT I'LL FIGHT YOU. This movie actually made me love her as an actress.User Image

Gallifrey Stands
Home Movie (Not a fan of found footage - gives me a headache - but this seems pretty interesting, so I'm going with it. I should probably have at least one found footage film on my list anyway. ^_^)

I never like how Found Footage is done, although I think the idea is great. Honestly when I first started it I thought I was watching someone's actual home movies and I got annoyed (but I quickly learned that was not the case). It's very well done and I'm surprised more people don't know of it.User Image

Gallifrey Stands
Primal Fear (Guess what? WatchMojo spoiled the end for me. :/ It was my own fault really, I was warned. Still look forward to seeing it though! I nearly forgot about this one.)

SCREAMS NOUser Image

King Kitten

Wasteland Survival Guide
Wasn't lying when I said I was made for this thread. I can add more if you'd like.User Image

YES PLEASE. mrgreen
Here's my list so far.

Raider

Gallifrey Stands
YES PLEASE. mrgreen
Here's my list so far.

How have you not seen Shawshank this offends me.
YOU ALSO HAVEN'T SEEN SCHINDLER'S LIST?????? WATCH THAT RIGHT NOW.

Okay starting new list.

Cracks - A story about a girl's boarding school in old-en time (timeframe not disclosed, I assume around 1900's). My friend recommended this to me and I thought it was cute, a bit weird but cute. It is not it's ******** up and we still talk about it.

The Pianist - A holocaust movie staring Adrien Brody, tells the story of a man who does whatever he can to survive and the horrors he goes through. Based off a true story. It's a must-see. Seriously. Watch it.

Life is Beautiful - One of Italy's greatest films of all time. Another holocaust movie, based loosely off a true story, about a family torn apart by the war and how a man will do anything to make sure his young son is safe. Watch it in Italian. It's just... it's amazing.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - Milo is a scientist who's life work is based on trying to find the fictional underwater city of Atlantis. He finds it. An animation and a classic, I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

ParaNorman - I felt it was overhyped, but as someone who likes dark movies focusing on kids, this is perfect for me. It's about a boy who can see ghosts which plague his small, cursed town. Really cute movie and focuses on really important things, such as abuse and bullying, forgiveness, among other things.

Coraline - I haven't read the book and I heard it's a lot better than the movie, and I'm excited to read it. Another dark movie about kids-- Coraline Jones moves into a new house with her neglectful, busy parents. She soon discovers a perfect world, and she begins to wonder if she would want to live in this new world, or her real one. Really popular, I happened to really enjoy it.

The Book Thief - In Nazi Germany, a young girl moves in with her new family who also are hiding a Jew. Really great movie, but if you watch it, good luck. This is a "IM GONNA PUNCH SOMETHING" movie.

21 Jump Street - I love stupid, mindless comedy. This is a movie about a couple of rookie cops who go undercover in a highschool to try and find whose dealing a new, very dangerous drug. So funny. So stupid and funny.

Mean Girls - Girl moves from Africa to America and discovers what high school is about. You've watched this. If you haven't, you're a terrible person and you need to watch this. My favorite movie.

Zombieland - SO FUNNY. In a world plagued by the undead, a young man meets up with a rowdy redneck and he learns the power of friendship. Shitty explanation. So funny. Although there is a harsh car accident scene at the beginning. I wish I had known.

Les Miserables - I don't know how to sum this movie up. During the French Revolution, a girl finds love. That is really the only way I can think of to describe the movie. Long as ********. Very sad and lots of death. Musical.

The Mummy - A mummy's curse ******** things up. Not dark comedy, but it's a dark movie with a lot of laughs.

Pitch Perfect - A college freshman joins a singing group against her will, and they take on the male rivals at their school in competition. Don't judge me, I love this movie.

The Devil Wears Prada - Actually watched this like 2 days ago. Twice. Back to back. When given a new job in a highly popular fashion industry, a woman has to put aside her distaste towards fashion to rise above everyone's low expectations.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - After discovering their car has a flat tire, a young couple go up to a creepy mansion to ask for help, but soon discover that this mansion is not ordinary. It's a satire of B Horror films. It's a musical and extremely, extremely popular for very good reason. It's required for you to watch.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - A man (Jack Nicholson) is admitted to a mental hospital, even though he's perfectly fine. He begins to bond with the inmates. I LOVE this movie. I love it sooo much uuugghhhh.

The Shining - Based off a Stephen King novel, a family moves into a hotel to keep maintenance on it over a harsh winter. Things begin to unfold and the family finds themselves in danger. Stars Jack Nicholson. Good horror film.

The Waterboy - A mentally challenged, sheltered young man (Adam Sandler) finds out his love for football. There's a few slurs but it's a great movie with a lot of laughs. Even if you don't like sports movies, watch this.

The Longest Yard - Prison inmates form a football team to challenge the prison guards. Really funny movie. Again, even if you don't like sports movies, watch this.

We're the Millers - A fake family goes to Mexico to smuggle drugs back into America. I expected it to be a shitty, stupid comedy. I was right, but pleasantly surprised. If the movie doesn't appeal to you in the slightest, don't bother. I just like stupid comedies. There is a p***s in the movie though.

House of 1000 Coprses - Basically it's just mindless, gory fun. A couple of college friends are taken prisoner by a family of psychos. No real set plot besides that.

Devil's Rejects - The sequel to the one above, this one has a more set plot, but it's still basically mindless, gory fun, but this time it has the love of a family!

Rear Window - An older movie, but still it's amazing. A man who is bound to hi apartment thanks to an accident suspects one of his neighbors to have murdered his wife. I believe it's from the 50's, but the movie will draw you in no time.

Blazing Saddles - To ruin a western town, a corrupt political boss appoints a black sheriff, who promptly becomes his most formidable adversary. GREAT MOVIE SO FUNNY.

The Princess Bride - In a fictional world, a young Princess finds the love of her life again after being kidnapped, but soon things turn sour when her fiance comes to her rescue. If you haven't already watched this you really need to. It's a beautiful movie with a lot of good laughs.

Detachment - A substitute teacher who drifts from classroom to classroom finds a connection to the students and teachers during his latest assignment. This movie is... if Speak is what interests you, I think you'll like this, but be warned, it's... not an easy watch. There's a few difficult scenes.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - A lone 13-year-old resorts to murder to protect her haven. I reaaally really liked this movie, I actually spent like 10 minutes trying to find the name of it.

Coming to America - I'm gonna say it's been about.... 10 years since I last saw this. An African prince goes to Queens, New York City to find a wife whom he can respect for her intelligence and will. It's a grade A comedy. My mother still laughs about it from time to time.

I'm not really sure what you're particular interest is, and my interests are all over the place, so I'm pretty much just throwing movies at you that I personally enjoy.
There's a lot of movies that are popular that I haven't listed, either because it's so well known, I haven't seen it, or I just didn't like it :p

User Image

King Kitten

Wasteland Survival Guide
How have you not seen Shawshank this offends me.
YOU ALSO HAVEN'T SEEN SCHINDLER'S LIST?????? WATCH THAT RIGHT NOW.

Okay starting new list.

Cracks - A story about a girl's boarding school in old-en time (timeframe not disclosed, I assume around 1900's). My friend recommended this to me and I thought it was cute, a bit weird but cute. It is not it's ******** up and we still talk about it.

The Pianist - A holocaust movie staring Adrien Brody, tells the story of a man who does whatever he can to survive and the horrors he goes through. Based off a true story. It's a must-see. Seriously. Watch it.

Life is Beautiful - One of Italy's greatest films of all time. Another holocaust movie, based loosely off a true story, about a family torn apart by the war and how a man will do anything to make sure his young son is safe. Watch it in Italian. It's just... it's amazing.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire - Milo is a scientist who's life work is based on trying to find the fictional underwater city of Atlantis. He finds it. An animation and a classic, I'm surprised more people haven't seen it.

ParaNorman - I felt it was overhyped, but as someone who likes dark movies focusing on kids, this is perfect for me. It's about a boy who can see ghosts which plague his small, cursed town. Really cute movie and focuses on really important things, such as abuse and bullying, forgiveness, among other things.

Coraline - I haven't read the book and I heard it's a lot better than the movie, and I'm excited to read it. Another dark movie about kids-- Coraline Jones moves into a new house with her neglectful, busy parents. She soon discovers a perfect world, and she begins to wonder if she would want to live in this new world, or her real one. Really popular, I happened to really enjoy it.

The Book Thief - In Nazi Germany, a young girl moves in with her new family who also are hiding a Jew. Really great movie, but if you watch it, good luck. This is a "IM GONNA PUNCH SOMETHING" movie.

21 Jump Street - I love stupid, mindless comedy. This is a movie about a couple of rookie cops who go undercover in a highschool to try and find whose dealing a new, very dangerous drug. So funny. So stupid and funny.

Mean Girls - Girl moves from Africa to America and discovers what high school is about. You've watched this. If you haven't, you're a terrible person and you need to watch this. My favorite movie.

Zombieland - SO FUNNY. In a world plagued by the undead, a young man meets up with a rowdy redneck and he learns the power of friendship. Shitty explanation. So funny. Although there is a harsh car accident scene at the beginning. I wish I had known.

Les Miserables - I don't know how to sum this movie up. During the French Revolution, a girl finds love. That is really the only way I can think of to describe the movie. Long as ********. Very sad and lots of death. Musical.

The Mummy - A mummy's curse ******** things up. Not dark comedy, but it's a dark movie with a lot of laughs.

Pitch Perfect - A college freshman joins a singing group against her will, and they take on the male rivals at their school in competition. Don't judge me, I love this movie.

The Devil Wears Prada - Actually watched this like 2 days ago. Twice. Back to back. When given a new job in a highly popular fashion industry, a woman has to put aside her distaste towards fashion to rise above everyone's low expectations.

Rocky Horror Picture Show - After discovering their car has a flat tire, a young couple go up to a creepy mansion to ask for help, but soon discover that this mansion is not ordinary. It's a satire of B Horror films. It's a musical and extremely, extremely popular for very good reason. It's required for you to watch.

One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest - A man (Jack Nicholson) is admitted to a mental hospital, even though he's perfectly fine. He begins to bond with the inmates. I LOVE this movie. I love it sooo much uuugghhhh.

The Shining - Based off a Stephen King novel, a family moves into a hotel to keep maintenance on it over a harsh winter. Things begin to unfold and the family finds themselves in danger. Stars Jack Nicholson. Good horror film.

The Waterboy - A mentally challenged, sheltered young man (Adam Sandler) finds out his love for football. There's a few slurs but it's a great movie with a lot of laughs. Even if you don't like sports movies, watch this.

The Longest Yard - Prison inmates form a football team to challenge the prison guards. Really funny movie. Again, even if you don't like sports movies, watch this.

We're the Millers - A fake family goes to Mexico to smuggle drugs back into America. I expected it to be a shitty, stupid comedy. I was right, but pleasantly surprised. If the movie doesn't appeal to you in the slightest, don't bother. I just like stupid comedies. There is a p***s in the movie though.

House of 1000 Coprses - Basically it's just mindless, gory fun. A couple of college friends are taken prisoner by a family of psychos. No real set plot besides that.

Devil's Rejects - The sequel to the one above, this one has a more set plot, but it's still basically mindless, gory fun, but this time it has the love of a family!

Rear Window - An older movie, but still it's amazing. A man who is bound to hi apartment thanks to an accident suspects one of his neighbors to have murdered his wife. I believe it's from the 50's, but the movie will draw you in no time.

Blazing Saddles - To ruin a western town, a corrupt political boss appoints a black sheriff, who promptly becomes his most formidable adversary. GREAT MOVIE SO FUNNY.

The Princess Bride - In a fictional world, a young Princess finds the love of her life again after being kidnapped, but soon things turn sour when her fiance comes to her rescue. If you haven't already watched this you really need to. It's a beautiful movie with a lot of good laughs.

Detachment - A substitute teacher who drifts from classroom to classroom finds a connection to the students and teachers during his latest assignment. This movie is... if Speak is what interests you, I think you'll like this, but be warned, it's... not an easy watch. There's a few difficult scenes.

The Little Girl Who Lives Down the Lane - A lone 13-year-old resorts to murder to protect her haven. I reaaally really liked this movie, I actually spent like 10 minutes trying to find the name of it.

Coming to America - I'm gonna say it's been about.... 10 years since I last saw this. An African prince goes to Queens, New York City to find a wife whom he can respect for her intelligence and will. It's a grade A comedy. My mother still laughs about it from time to time.

I'm not really sure what you're particular interest is, and my interests are all over the place, so I'm pretty much just throwing movies at you that I personally enjoy.
There's a lot of movies that are popular that I haven't listed, either because it's so well known, I haven't seen it, or I just didn't like it :p

User Image

I procrastinate in watching movies I should really watch. That's why I'm doing this. sweatdrop I planned to watch so many movies in the past and finally I just said "you know what?! I'm going to watch them ALL".

Seen It:
Atlantis: The Lost Empire (possibly the most underrated Disney movie ever. I love it)

ParaNorman (this looked so stupid but it was adorable. xD)

Coraline (gave me nightmares as a kid, but I feel like I need to watch it again... May do that tonight or something...)

Mean Girls (you're right, I have watched it.Too many times... My sister's obsessed with it, my Drama Club quotes it on a daily basis... Yeah, there was no getting around it. xD)

Les Mis (have the poster hanging in my room! <3)

The Mummy

Pitch Perfect
(musical masterpiece, plot catastrophe. Not sure how I feel about the thing as a whole, but I'll be singing along through the entire thing. xD)

We're The Millers (yeah, this movie left me really confused because I wasn't sure whether I hated or loved it...)

The Princess Bride (BEST. MOVIE. EVER. I really need to read the book as well...)

On The List:
21 Jump Street

Zombieland

The Devil Wears Prada
(one of my friend's favorite movies because Meryl Streep)

The Shining (along with Room 237, a documentary about all of the conspiracy theories surrounding the movie)

New Additions:
The Pianist

One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest

Rear Window

Detachment

Not as many added, but that's only because you have awesome taste in movies and I've already seen them or put them on my list. xD As you can see, my interests are all over the place as well.
strangers on a train, citizen kane, howl's moving castle, scott pilgrim vs the world, the lord of the rings trilogy, and clue are all I can think of right now. but they're all really good!
Frank, if you're able to find it playing at a local theater. I typically don't like indie-films about musical bands... but...

User Image
Ten inch hero
The departed
Burlesque
August Rush
The Raid
Euro trip

I really like these movies. A tiny bit of romance in some but don't worry about it.

Ruthless Dabbler

Wasteland Survival Guide

Another Earth
I love that movie! I stumbled upon it while looking for other Brit Marling films. smile

Raider

Iokaste Maeve II
I love that movie! I stumbled upon it while looking for other Brit Marling films. smile

When I first watched it I freaked out at the car accident scene 'cause I'm pretty sensitive to those, but I really enjoyed the movie! I was surprised how much I enjoyed it.User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff