5,150 Points
  • Statustician 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
thisisyourcaptainspeaking
JurgenS
JurgenS
Will Punisher make a appearance as well?

That's not likely since (last I checked) the Punisher film rights are held by Lionsgate Entertainment, not Marvel.

Damn.
He would kick a** in this film.

He would kick a lot of a**, but I don't think he will ever be an Avenger. At least not as long as Captain America is around. Cap hates Punisher. In one of the Issues of the Civil War Punisher tries to join Caps cause, and it doesn't go so well...

Didn't know about that.
I could just imagine Cap standing there in horror as The Punisher just massacres everyone.
JurgenS

That's not likely since (last I checked) the Punisher film rights are held by Lionsgate Entertainment, not Marvel.

Actually I'm pretty sure the rights reverted back to Marvel. Which is bittersweet because on the one hand you'd think they would be able to make a good Punisher movie in-house, but on the other hand, a Punisher movie is not likely to happen at all when the house is the House of Mouse.

Wheezing Shapeshifter

5,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Captain Talavar
JurgenS

Actually I'm pretty sure the rights reverted back to Marvel. Which is bittersweet because on the one hand you'd think they would be able to make a good Punisher movie in-house, but on the other hand, a Punisher movie is not likely to happen at all when the house is the House of Mouse.

Yeah, It is hard to picture Disney doing a Punisher movie worth seeing.

3,450 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Captain Talavar
JurgenS

Yeah, It is hard to picture Disney doing a Punisher movie worth seeing.

Disney is a problem. Disney has the rights to a lot of movie franchises from all types of genres. Disney used to own Dimension Films who make the movies Scream, Halloween, and Scary Movie. Its really up to Marvel Studios if they want to make a Punisher movie or tv show.

Dapper Poster

2,350 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Statustician 100
I love them all. I choose Black Widow because she is such a mystery even though she's been in two movies in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. She has this dark past that I find very interesting. I also love Tony Stark how can anyone hate seeing Robert Downey Jr doing what he does best?
It has been announced that Paul Rudd will be playing Ant-Man.

Wheezing Shapeshifter

5,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
The Bijoux
It has been announced that Paul Rudd will be playing Ant-Man.

This could go both ways, Paul Rudd is a talented actor. But does he have enough depth to portray the tragic hero Hank Pym? It might be good, but then again...
There are also rumors of them re-doing Fantastic Four now that they got the rights back.

I hope so!
The Bijoux
There are also rumors of them re-doing Fantastic Four now that they got the rights back.

I hope so!

Marvel didn't get those rights back. From what I've gathered, Fox is rebooting them to hold on to the rights. They also might be tying them to their X-Men universe somehow.

Magical Girl

35,050 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
  • Tested Practitioner 250
I hate Ant-Man. Always have. I do hope that the movie changes how I feel but nothing has so far...
It's important that we support films like Ant-Man and next year's Guardians of the Galaxy as much as Thor or Iron Man. If we want more diverse, obscure, yet still totally awesome superheroes to shine on the big screen, then we have to show Hollywood that we will support them when they appear. Marvel is very close to making a Captain Marvel film starring the Carol Danvers version. A solo female superhero film sounds like it should be obvious, but it's much more likely to happen if we can get our asses in the theater for a talking space raccoon and a tiny Paul Rudd.

Reiko Souma's Waifu

I love Iron Man!! I'm still unsure which of his films is my favorite, probably a tie between the 1st and 3rd. If Disney doesn't renew the contract with Robert Downey I'm gonna be really sad. It's not like they can't afford to pay him.

And as of recent Marvel gained back the rights to Punisher, Ghost Rider, Daredevil, and Blade. I imagine some sort of reboots or character appearances will be in order.
Ok, I'm really excited.

Marvel has made an agreement with Netflix to make four live action tv shows that will eventually combine to make an epic miniseries, The Defenders.

The four tv shows are Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Iron Fist, and Luke Cage. whee

You can read an article about it here.

Wheezing Shapeshifter

5,800 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
Captain Talavar
It's important that we support films like Ant-Man and next year's Guardians of the Galaxy as much as Thor or Iron Man. If we want more diverse, obscure, yet still totally awesome superheroes to shine on the big screen, then we have to show Hollywood that we will support them when they appear. Marvel is very close to making a Captain Marvel film starring the Carol Danvers version. A solo female superhero film sounds like it should be obvious, but it's much more likely to happen if we can get our asses in the theater for a talking space raccoon and a tiny Paul Rudd.

I do appreciate the more obscure films, but I find myself wondering. How many other people who aren't fans of comics, actually care about these obscure heroes? It seems to me that Marvel is going to flood the market with super hero flicks that no one cares about. I would love to see a Captain Marvel film, but Carol Danvers should be a secondary character. She may be Captain Marvel now, but Mar-Vel was the true Captain Marvel. If they wanted to make a movie for Danvers, which I totally support by the way, then it should be Ms. Marvel.
Captain Talavar

I do appreciate the more obscure films, but I find myself wondering. How many other people who aren't fans of comics, actually care about these obscure heroes? It seems to me that Marvel is going to flood the market with super hero flicks that no one cares about. I would love to see a Captain Marvel film, but Carol Danvers should be a secondary character. She may be Captain Marvel now, but Mar-Vel was the true Captain Marvel. If they wanted to make a movie for Danvers, which I totally support by the way, then it should be Ms. Marvel.

I guess we will find out how things will go when Guardians of the Galaxy comes out. It would be something amazing though if it does as well as the other superhero movies. If it does well then I think Marvel can expand as widely as they would like cinematically. It's definitely something that has never been done before and I am excited to see how far it goes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff