Indifferent 0.48888888888889 48.9% [ 22 ]
Total Votes:[ 45 ]

Shado9228's Waifu

Adored Vampire

15,950 Points
  • Evolution Debut 250
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Object of Affection 150
In a recent article I read that they are officially going through with The Crow remake. They stated they are reimagining the comics, not the movie as they do not want to affect Brandon Lee's image as The Crow.
What do you think about them remaking a cult classic movie?
If they're going to adapt the book more faithfully then I approve. The original film, as good as it was, was not an accurate representation of the original graphic novel, and I'd like to see that graphic novel more faithfully represented on the big screen. At the very least I hope the new film gets more people interested in the graphic novel. Not many people know that the old film was based on a comic at all, which isn't surprising as it's part of a more underground level of indie comics that existed at the time, before publishers like Image were turning indie-level, creator-owned comics into mainstream successes (still hoping for a Saga movie).

For what it's worth, the creator, James O'Barr, is still heavily involved in the new film, and he has control over the soundtrack, which he's said will feature classic Joy Division and The Cure; music that's frequently alluded to in the actual book. So that's nice.

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I heard the studio wants the film to be PG-13.

Romantic Senshi

12,425 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Signature Look 250
Seems interesting, if they keep it within the comics. =x

Romantic Senshi

11,300 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
I just hope it's a good remake...

Plinti's Husband

Distinct Seeker

11,575 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Person of Interest 200
Let's wait and give them a chance to make a good movie. ^^'

Anti Hero

thesupremekaidbz
I heard the studio wants the film to be PG-13.

I sure as hell hope not.

Dangerous Hunter

9,150 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conventioneer 300
I personally don't like the idea...look what they did with sequels for gods sake. D:
There's been a bunch of different Crow comics with various characters. Many of them were pretty good. I also enjoyed the old TV show they did.

2,850 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Personally, I think this whole idea Hollywood has of constantly remaking movies really sucks...I mean, what would be so wrong with having an original idea once in a while?

Still, if James O'Barr is personally involved....(says this huge fan of the original graphic novel)...that gives me a little more hope that it will actually be a good movie. We'll see what happens.... rolleyes
Jaco D. Alleroth
Personally, I think this whole idea Hollywood has of constantly remaking movies really sucks...I mean, what would be so wrong with having an original idea once in a while?

Still, if James O'Barr is personally involved....(says this huge fan of the original graphic novel)...that gives me a little more hope that it will actually be a good movie. We'll see what happens.... rolleyes

O'Barr has claimed that the film is going to be much, much closer to the graphic novel than the original film was. He's also seen Luke Evans in the makeup, and he approves.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff