Welcome to Gaia! ::

3,800 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
So,I saw Tekken on G4s Movies That Dont Suck recently. I think its an epic movie and has become my favorite movie,and the only thing I want to watch is Tekken.It also got me into the Tekken gamesvery fun).So I think Tekken is an awsome movie based off of a game.A game based movie I dont like is Street Fighter: The Story Of Chun Lee.While looking for Tekken on Xfinity on Demand,I saw the title and though why not watch it.Im surprised I sat through the 60 minutes I watched because its so bad.For a movie based on a fighting game,theres no action,and was just terrible as a story.Chun Lees father gets kidnaped,she gets trained further by Gen,he dies before she finishes her training from a rocket launcher missel,and Im assuming she beats up the guy who kidnapped her father and saves him.To me,thats boring seeing as how theres like,4 fights through out the entire movie,and no big twists.Now what do you think about video game based movies?I thought Tekken was awsome,both MK movies were good,and SF sucked.So far,game based movies are ok,if the directors to make movies like Tekken but with games like Halo,Assassins Creed,maybe even SoulCaliber,that would make them epicI do of coarse meen live action,not animai like halo legends).Do you think they should continue making game based movies or not?And what games do think would be cool as a movie?That is all I have to say,so goodbye.
I think that gaming movies are a great idea in theory, it's just in execution that they generally fail. (PLEASE no more god-awful Resident Evil movies). I would love to see Halo, Bioshock, and Mass Effect movies made. They're the games I think most deserve movies. Not Uncharted, though, because that already is a movie razz
I feel that movies based off video games are honestly really well done. I would love to see a movie based off of Halo or another FPS. I mean, the Live Action based clips / previews of Halo and other games like Mortal Kombat and stuff are crazy and awesomely made. It is funny because the people who make those are just fans!
BoySamusMetroid
I think that gaming movies are a great idea in theory, it's just in execution that they generally fail. (PLEASE no more god-awful Resident Evil movies). I would love to see Halo, Bioshock, and Mass Effect movies made. They're the games I think most deserve movies. Not Uncharted, though, because that already is a movie razz

I would love for them to make Bioshock into a movie...yet I would be scared that they would ruin it.

Would you kindly.

Beloved Phantom

9,850 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
  • Mark Twain 100
If it's done in a way that isn't a total copy and paste and ruins it, then I suppose it would be good. Or maybe a prequel movie that doesn't suck (cough*Rise of Cobra*cough) and start the series from their, or do something like the Resident Evil films.

Some good Examples are:

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
The Mortal Combat Miniseries (online on Youtube)
Sonic the Movie
... that's it, sorry.

Anyway, what I would like to see made into a movie is

Pokemon(an actual movie not just a ripoff from the anime)
Zelda
Blazeblue
Okami
Infinity Blade
Street Fighter (a good one!!!!)
Final Fantasy (better than the one they did before and with the graphics from Advent Children)
Dead Space
No More Heroes(?)
I actually thought Resident Evil: Extinction was decent. Or, at the very least, not nearly as bad the first two.

Kawaii Shoujo

I actually think that some gaming movies are pretty good like the Super Mario Bros the Movie in my opinion is still a pretty awesome game, however some gaming movies like Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within was pretty awful, and I wouldn't mind seeing a Mega Man and a Legend of Zelda movie.

8,550 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Pie For All! 300
Apocalipca
If it's done in a way that isn't a total copy and paste and ruins it, then I suppose it would be good. Or maybe a prequel movie that doesn't suck (cough*Rise of Cobra*cough) and start the series from their, or do something like the Resident Evil films.

Some good Examples are:

Professor Layton and the Eternal Diva
The Mortal Combat Miniseries (online on Youtube)
Sonic the Movie
... that's it, sorry.

Anyway, what I would like to see made into a movie is

Pokemon(an actual movie not just a ripoff from the anime)
Zelda
Blazeblue
Okami
Infinity Blade
Street Fighter (a good one!!!!)
Final Fantasy (better than the one they did before and with the graphics from Advent Children)
Dead Space
No More Heroes(?)

Have you seen the Mari bros movie? good actors, bad plot.
Do you mean live action films? (pokemon) cause thatd be cool, as for video game movies you have two options:
Think of it as a movie and not actually a continuation of a story (canon if you will)
or
Think of it as part of the game, chances are you'll spend half the movie saying "yeah right" or "he doesn't get that item until level 12"

As movies most aren't bad, ever see Prince of Persia its actually a good movie.

Malevolent Gaian

Most video game plots turned into movies don't do so well, nor do I think that they are very good either. Those that try to stay true to the plot and the universe of the game that they are representing often lose in acting category, often producing sub par performances with some really bad one liners. Those that tend to have great performances have skewed themselves from the video game's plot and universe, often going on an interpreted route, and while the acting may be good, you've lost the whole point of the movie representing the game. So we find ourselves at an impasse...you can have one, or the other, but you cannot have both.
they're usually terrible lol!
Although if Nathan Fillion is in the new Uncharted movie, I will be very much looking forward to that

Generous Exhibitionist

10,450 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Love Machine 150
I think a big part of why so many of them aren't all that great is because they pick the wrong games to make movies of... and they get the wrong people to make them.

Most games just do not work as a film, which is why they are video games in the first place. No matter how great at their job a director is, a Super Mario Bros. movie just is never going to be 'good'. Maybe campy and endlessly entertaining, but not good.

Now, take BioShock... I was never crazy about the game, but it could make one HELL of a movie.

I did enjoy Mortal Kombat and Silent Hill, though. Mortal Kombat suffered from being PG-13, but I understand why they did that. It was still entertaining, and very good -considering- what they had to work with for story.

Silent Hill... it had flaws, sure, but between mastering the SH atmosphere, and having amazingly impressive effects? It worked really well, and was a hell of a lot better than the Resident Evil movies.
i would love a legend of zelda movieeee !!!! but other than that some suck

Friendly Regular

6,000 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
For me, the only DECENT movie of the game is Silent Hill.
even though everything is completely changed- alessas mother, an occult that killed 'the witch', and instead of harry mason- its Rose Desilva
all of the names are changed except for just a few.

But ever since that movie has come out- it seems like there is this Pyramid Head fap craze.

ive played all of the SH's that are out so far- and Silent Hill 1, 2, & 3 are still the best imo.
I am often disappointed by movie adaptations of games.

The worst offenders for me are Resident Evil (Not a Resident Evil movie, OK otherwise), Alone in the Dark (Uwe Boll you suck), Wing Commander (cheap and nasty), Hitman (Was made too generic for a wider Audience) and Doom (Forgettable. Should have done the whole movie in first person. A radical approach to movie making like that would have been exciting. )
Mario Bros was also terrible but it was so bad it was fun.

Silent Hill almost had it. They lost it when the story deviated to include the movie cult incarnation, the husband side story and Alessa's being was messed up a bit. But they did quite well in honouring the game series that I'm looking forward to the next one.

Mortal Kombat was also pretty good too. It was rather cheaply made looking but I enjoyed it enough and the fights were truly good.

So what would I like to see?

Definately want to see a reboot of the Resident Evil Franchise being closer to the games. I would even accept the bad dialogue of the games if they went closer to it.

Project Zero/Fatal Frame. This would make a great and different horror movie.

Final Fantasy. Either 7 or 8.

Monkey Islands. Would make a brilliant sassy movie.

Broken Sword. Has a ton of stuff going for it. Intrigue, history, a brilliant lead character ect...

Metal Gear Solid. Nuff said.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces