Total Votes:[ 246 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Excitable Pyromaniac

29,840 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Battle Hardened 150
When it comes to older films some I would recommend:

Event Horizon: There is one part that no mater how many times I've seen the films and know it's coming will always get me. It's to the point I leave the room as soon as I know its coming because I will get freaked the hell out.

Omega man: I had to sleep with the lights on after watching that film. Then again it was quite a few years back so I might be braver now.

Hush Hush sweet Charlotte: very creepy old black and white, one of those that keeps you guessing to the end.

Pulse: Holy crap this film does not give you a moments break. It was creepy and tense from start to finish.

The ghost and the darkness: two reasons based of a true story, and the lions of that region even now have a high percentage of being man eaters.
Not sure how scary you might find it, but The Theatre Bizzare was an interesting watch. It was a combination of short horror films, kind of like V/H/S. Session 9 is pretty eerie as well, which is my personal favorite characteristic in horror movies. Most horror movies are unfortunately not very scary anymore unless you like relying on jump scares, which in my opinion is just a cheap use of human adrenaline. If you're looking for fear through violence, the Saw and Final Destination series have always been satisfying.

fReemade Ran's Partner

Omnipresent Traveler

There's this exploitation-splatter movie called Blood Sucking Freaks. Saw it a few years ago, it was a weird one.

BTW am I really the only person who didn't like V/H/S?

Shy Fairy

19,550 Points
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Timid 100
Not sure if you'd find it scary, but Afflicted was a really good movie that had a refreshing take on the whole found footage thing.

One I thought was kind of scary was Arang. It's a Korean movie (I think) so it might be a little hard to track down. I'd recommend it if you're into revenge plots and ghost movies.
I second someone's suggestion of Jacob's Ladder too. That movie pretty much helped inspire the Silent Hill games and if you're a fan of those, you'd probably like the movie.
The Conjuring had its really creepy moments.
Have you seen Poltergeist, The Fog (1980) or The People under the stairs? All are great movies!

Interesting Shapeshifter

There's the new dracula movie...Dracula Untold smile
Dark Skies
usually horror doesn't really effect me
but i really really loved this one :p

Newbie Noob

The super natural ones like haunting in Connecticut or the Ring
"Texas chainsaw massacre" Is so freaking scary i had to leave the room 5 times burning_eyes

Tipsy Gekko

6,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Not a movie, but if you're into horror, there's a youtube series called Marble Hornets that does pretty well. As for movies:
Amityville Horror
One Missed Call (Original Japanese)
The Thing (John Carpenter)
I like more psychological horrors, so i'll post some of the ones i enjoyed~~ heart

- Fear

- Audition (its a japanese horror movie so will have sub-titles)

- Hide & Seek

- Silence of the lambs (you should def watch all the hannibal films if you haven't seen them already but yeah thats my fav one anyways)

- Dream House
Hostel 1-3
Texas Chainsaw Massacre Trilogy
SAW Trilogy
The Devils Rejects
Human Centipe 1-2
Wrong Turn Trilogy
Hills Have Eyes

Message me if you want more. I have seen them all.
It depends on what scares you. For me Stephen King's 'It' freaks me out because I hate clowns. A good one that made me scream was 'Dead Silence'. I also can suggest 'The Grudge'.

Dangerous Noob

7,750 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Member 100
I'm more into whatever catches my eye, really, in terms of horror. Depends on the story. I'm also into the older horror films (like, black and white films), so if you like those, I do have some suggestions. I also put the year they were around:

- Hour of the Wolf (1968 )
- Eyes Without a Face (1959)
- I Walked With a Zombie (1943)
- Strait-Jacket (1964)
- Diabolique (1955)
- The Innocents (1961)
- Psycho (1960)

There's a lot more, but these are just my recommendations since I think many others have made suggestions I would've typed.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff