Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hygienic Smoker

So the rumor mill is all a buzz right now about the possibilities of a new Matrix trilogy, set as a prequel to the original films.
I have looked far and wide for any truth too this, but have turned up nothing. Maybe some of y'all have found something I have not?
Fact or Fiction guys, help me out.

Inquisitive Spirit

42,350 Points
  • Doting Romantic 100
  • Simple Romantic 50
  • Ian's Valentine 100
Anything's possible, but it does look like a rumor started with one article (Latino Review) that everyone else is quoting. Ah well. sweatdrop

I don't know how I feel about it. I'd rather they make another unique, impressive project.

Hygienic Smoker

RAPsody Ltd
Anything's possible, but it does look like a rumor started with one article (Latino Review) that everyone else is quoting. Ah well. sweatdrop

I don't know how I feel about it. I'd rather they make another unique, impressive project.

I've seen the article, and dozens of copies. I had been trying to find a reputable resource to put these rumors to bed, seems impossible with google, yahoo, and the rest of the search engine ilk all seem to have nothing but rumors.

I could see it working, if they brought focus to widen the second renosaunce(sp?) from the animatrix. anyways, I am only curious if we are too see more from the matrix, I have always been a huge fan.

Maddyll's Senpai

Tipsy Prophet

8,225 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Ok so here's the information that I gathered:

They are in production of a "new" matrix trilogy, but it's basically the "New Renaissance" from the Animatrix, except with actors instead of animation. Now if you don't know what that is, basically it's the story of how the matrix became to be, how the machines took over earth, etc. etc. etc.

I also heard that they are in creation of another Bill & Ted movie, if you're a fan of Keanu Reeves.

Valiant Jackling

Unless they get their act together and get someone who can actually write a good plot line, no. Just no.

The second Matrix was "meh" and the third was just awful.

R1NDO's Buddy

40,250 Points
  • Rightful King 500
  • Superior Hero 500
Maybe they will just turn Animatrix into a movie? I don't know...

But I hope they don't. The first Matrix was brilliant, the second was below average and silly and the third was terrible.

Hygienic Smoker

Ven Loraine Jr
Maybe they will just turn Animatrix into a movie? I don't know...

But I hope they don't. The first Matrix was brilliant, the second was below average and silly and the third was terrible.

I had heard it was an expansion on the second Renaissance from the animatrix

I'm super mixed on it, I've loved the story line of the movies from the get go, but like you I thought the second and third movie were way below the quality of the first. Who knows, a reboot to the series may be just what the doctor ordered, it certainly has potential.

Eloquent Sophomore

8,975 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Signature Look 250
I think the idea of the Matrix works a lot better with short stories, like in Animatrix.
I'm hoping they don't drag out those tired bullet time shots again. (Or, godforbid, ramping.)

11,025 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
I have a feeling the new Matrix trilogy will be PG-13. The Expendables 3 was PG-13 and so were the remakes of Total Recall and Robocop. The days of big budget R-rated movies are over.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff