Welcome to Gaia! ::

SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Go on sound cloud and look up fireforeffects.

Okay. I looked his stuff up.
It sounds like Jungle mixes with MC vocals.
dude you didn't hear the watery beats? Also you probably only listened to #WEEDTANGCLAN listen to L E 1 F he does some good seapunk too

Oh, I see now. Okay. So exactly what is #Seapunk? What are its influences? This is pretty interesting.
It's a lot like WH in the sense that it started as a sort of a meme type thing and fireforeffects just broke down and made a lable "coral records" and signed hella people like teams and zombelle they just make aquatic tunes.

Hmmmm.
Okay, I understand. It seems pretty cool. Do any of these people perform live?

IRL Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Go on sound cloud and look up fireforeffects.

Okay. I looked his stuff up.
It sounds like Jungle mixes with MC vocals.
dude you didn't hear the watery beats? Also you probably only listened to #WEEDTANGCLAN listen to L E 1 F he does some good seapunk too

Oh, I see now. Okay. So exactly what is #Seapunk? What are its influences? This is pretty interesting.
It's a lot like WH in the sense that it started as a sort of a meme type thing and fireforeffects just broke down and made a lable "coral records" and signed hella people like teams and zombelle they just make aquatic tunes.

Hmmmm.
Yeah but they are mostly out in the LA there is unicorn kid who is under his lable and he performs all over Europe.
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

Hmmmm.
Yeah but they are mostly out in the LA there is unicorn kid who is under his lable and he performs all over Europe.

That's cool.
You live in LA or something? If so, then you can go out to SF and see oOoOO. He performs there all the time.

IRL Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

Hmmmm.

That's cool.
You live in LA or something? If so, then you can go out to SF and see oOoOO. He performs there all the time.
I live in berkeley so I know about that I kinds want to see g.bear. I was kinda surprised when my friend tolde he was good friend with him

Tipsy Rogue

9,575 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hygienic 200
They all sound poorly produced and not in a good low-fi way.
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

Hmmmm.

That's cool.
I live in berkeley so I know about that I kinds want to see g.bear. I was kinda surprised when my friend tolde he was good friend with him

I was surprised when you told me that, lol.
Gummybear is pretty great. I would love to see him live. I'm happy that SALEM is in the east coast a lot, though. :]
Evil Ghost Ninja
They all sound poorly produced and not in a good low-fi way.

How is it badly produced? This is a first for me. Please explain.

IRL Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

Hmmmm.

That's cool.

Gummybear is pretty great. I would love to see him live. I'm happy that SALEM is in the east coast a lot, though. :]
I really want to see modern witch <3
SeaPunk

It would be sick if Modern Witch and Fever Ray/The Knife went on tour together.

IRL Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

It would be sick if Modern Witch and Fever Ray/The Knife went on tour together.Yessssss I love Rever Fay!
I listened to all the youtube songs embedded and linked, and I have to say...almost all of it to me sounds like Crystal Castles(Im a huge CC fan) mixed with a bit of Burial(as well as some down tempo trip hope/tape loop artists)

It also just sounds like a lot of the newer down tempo electronic stuff popular with the indie crowd.

I used to joke that some death metal and EBM stuff(like Psyclon Nine) has "Witch in a castle" vocals. But again, a lot of this stuff has the wallowing lo fi ambient sort of vocals popular in a lot of indie electronic stuff.

It's not bad, but not sure how it's its own specific genre when there's a lot of other acts that sound very similar. Also I'm not really seeing the goth or horror theme in a lot of it. I remember a lot of the neo folk/martial industrial had this quasi pagan/fascist theme going on, but I'm not really seeing a theme here. It's pretty sounding tho
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk

Hmmmm.

That's cool.

Good to see there's an emerging electronic subgenre scene in the bay area other than the ******** Oakland dubstep stuff. I usually end up at indie dance gay bars out there. I used to just go to EBM industrial stuff out in sf and the bay, then got big into the indie rock/electro stuff. Was sad both Amon Tobin with Eskmo and Neon Indian were not only playing the same night in San Francisco last weekend, but both were sold out

Ace the Masturbator

Didn't the Knife end? I am a big Karin Andersson fan.

IRL Millionaire

7,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Profitable 100
pockybot
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator
SeaPunk
Ace the Masturbator

Hmmmm.

That's cool.

Good to see there's an emerging electronic subgenre scene in the bay area other than the ******** Oakland dubstep stuff. I usually end up at indie dance gay bars out there. I used to just go to EBM industrial stuff out in sf and the bay, then got big into the indie rock/electro stuff. Was sad both Amon Tobin with Eskmo and Neon Indian were not only playing the same night in San Francisco last weekend, but both were sold out

Ace the Masturbator

Didn't the Knife end? I am a big Karin Andersson fan.
#seapunk is LA based and listen to unicorn kid on SC he just released a new track.
pockybot
I listened to all the youtube songs embedded and linked, and I have to say...almost all of it to me sounds like Crystal Castles(Im a huge CC fan) mixed with a bit of Burial(as well as some down tempo trip hope/tape loop artists)

It also just sounds like a lot of the newer down tempo electronic stuff popular with the indie crowd.

I used to joke that some death metal and EBM stuff(like Psyclon Nine) has "Witch in a castle" vocals. But again, a lot of this stuff has the wallowing lo fi ambient sort of vocals popular in a lot of indie electronic stuff.

It's not bad, but not sure how it's its own specific genre when there's a lot of other acts that sound very similar. Also I'm not really seeing the goth or horror theme in a lot of it. I remember a lot of the neo folk/martial industrial had this quasi pagan/fascist theme going on, but I'm not really seeing a theme here. It's pretty sounding tho

Yeah, I see what you mean. Crystal Castles is usually referred to in Witch House a lot, since they had that kind of sound. Nonetheless, the real group that actually helped shape the sound would have to be SALEM.
I hated CC's first album. But their other work is okay.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff