Welcome to Gaia! ::

They look just like human. The biggest difference is that Time Lords have two hearts. The Doctor mentioned that his people became Time Lords due to being exposed to the Time Vortex for millions of years. In the Whovienverse, it isn't far fetched to that humans have existed on other planets long before Earth came about.

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
No, we look Time Lord. Time Lords predate humans by several million years. If you were a Whovian, you'd know that.

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
Earth holds the Fossil Record for humans, just as Gallifrey holds the fossil record for Gallifreyans. Time Lord is a social class, by the way, not the species name.

Beloved Survivor

6,500 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Survivor 150
*Stares at you and walks away shaking her head*

"Hell, even DALEKS know that."

Blessed Survivor

6,900 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
Let's twist the question and say, aren't humans alike Gallifreyans?
Time Lord is a class just like priests and peasents were in the older days of planet Earth

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Tell you what, kid, watch Classic Who, you'll figure out what's going on eventually.
I know that Time Lords are a class and not the same of the species. I'd just rather call them all Time Lords.

I remember the 11th doctor say that Time Lords came first. However, both species are very similar. What if humans existed before Gallifrayans, but they weren't called humans?

Dapper Dabbler

8,925 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Dalek Rusty
I know that Time Lords are a class and not the same of the species. I'd just rather call them all Time Lords.

I remember the 11th doctor say that Time Lords came first. However, both species are very similar. What if humans existed before Gallifrayans, but they weren't called humans?

What if something being a possibility in a fictional world doesn't make it assumably right like you seem to be doing?
You don't just go around assuming your own answers for unexplored parts of fiction. That's fan fiction stuff..

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
Dalek Rusty

Then you need to move over to a fan fiction posting site, like Fan Fiction (FFN) and just write an AU/AR, but as far as canon discussions, it doesn't wash. You don't get to change facts in canon just because you're biased for your own species.

Dangerous Survivor

4,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Survivor 150
The Telekinetic Toad
Dalek Rusty

What if something being a possibility in a fictional world doesn't make it assumably right like you seem to be doing?
You don't just go around assuming your own answers for unexplored parts of fiction. That's fan fiction stuff..
Very true, I agree utterly.

However, it has no place in a canon discussion so I gave him the link to FFN where I have quite a few AU stories posted, but you don't see me doing it here, do you? Now, granted, in fan fiction, I do prefer AUs since they tend to rely more on a personal creativity, but for this setting it is not an appropriate approach UNLESS you do it in an RP setting...which this is not. So again, inappropriate approach.

On the other hand, I reported him for a hacking advertisement already so I'm going to guess this is just a troll out looking to cause problems...what he doesn't realize is that once the average whovian realizes he hasn't got a clue what's going on, they stop caring what his opinions are....

HalIows's Wife

Girl-Crazy Wife

Yes. Time Lords, their race, and countless other races evolved from human beings. This is never directly said, but hinted at so often you'd have to be dense not to catch it, this is why earth it so important, and why the doctor defends it so aggressively. It is the cradle of massive galactic civilization, spanning millions of star systems, and thousands of species that emerge over billions of years. Time lords and Gallifrayans, are just one of those species. And likely, they are the first major evolutionary divergence from humans, and it's their traveling all over time and space that allowed all the other "human looking" aliens to evolve. Theoretically, every alien you've ever seen in doctor who that looks 'human like' is descended from a human being, somehow.

And for the people saying a race of time travelers who evolved into their current form from exposure to the time vortex lived before humans and that proves they came first, well, then you apparently missed the whole 'TIME TRAVELLING' theme in doctor who some how. They could have EASILY landed at a far distant point in the past and set up their civilization there... then.

Not to mention, the odds of another race evolving to be THAT similar to humans without having any connection to them whatsoever is so unimaginably impossible, you'd have to be kind of silly to believe it. Even with 100 trillion galaxies in the universe, the odds of another growing a life form that looks EXACTLY like us are still so tiny, it's not even worth discussing. In fact, if that were to be true in doctor who, that single fact would be more impossible then everything else that has ever occurred in doctor who combined.

So, for the sake of keeping doctor who more science, and less fiction, I will stick firmly to my belief that time lords are descended from humans.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
Only problem with your theory Throttle Kitty, which honestly is simular to something I've though of along the lines of any real alien life in the universe, is what we see as far as the Time Lords are concerned is a matter of perception. The Time Lords look human because that's what our minds want to see, a natural perception filter if you would, this has been hinted at as well.

However both my comment and your theory is something that may be hinted at by one show runner and ignored by the next. I could be wrong but I think the books hinted at Humans(earth variety) were created by the Time Lords. So in Doctor Who what is isn't constant.

Dapper Guildswoman

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
remember in the classic doctor who the doctor would say "I don't look human I look time lord'
inquiring that they do look different.

Eternal Curse

43,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Gaian 50
The Mighty Oregon
remember in the classic doctor who the doctor would say "I don't look human I look time lord'

I think the line was "I don't look human, you look Time Lord." If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, Three said this to either Sarah Jane or Jo Grant. Which is one those hint towards Time Lords seeding earth.

Dapper Guildswoman

5,800 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Recca Hino
The Mighty Oregon

I think the line was "I don't look human, you look Time Lord." If I recall correctly, and I could be wrong, Three said this to either Sarah Jane or Jo Grant. Which is one those hint towards Time Lords seeding earth.

You could be right on that. But with Moffat we will never know

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces