Welcome to Gaia! ::

Friendly Stalker

I suggest starting with the ninth Doctor. That's when the revival of the series starts and many things are explained within that season. The reason why I don't think starting with the older episodes is a good idea is because a lot of them are missing/hard to find and it's probably better to start off with something that you can easily flow through. However, you should watch the older episodes eventually.

Wheezing Genius

7,450 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Peoplewatcher 100
You can pretty much start anywhere. I first watched random episodes from Tennant's series on television when they first aired, and even if I missed an episode or two, I still followed them because they're mostly self-contained stories. It wasn't til a couple years later that I actually sat down and watched them in order from the start of Eccleston's run. (Mind you, if it's the last episode of a season or starts with a "previously on" segment, you're probably not going to fully understand it especially if you're slow like me.) And now that I'm finished with the reboot, I'm basically just watching random old episodes that sound interesting, or that my Da remembers. A Tom Baker episode one night, some William Hartnell the next. And it makes perfect sense.

As Neil Gaiman said,

“People are intimidated. They think that there’s 47 years worth of stuff they need to know before they can enjoy anything. And what you want to say is, No. Look, there is a blue box. It is bigger on the inside than it is on the outside. It can go anywhere in time and space and sometimes even where it’s meant to go. And when it turns up there’s a bloke in it called the Doctor, and there will be stuff wrong and he will do his best to sort it out and he will probably succeed, because he’s awesome. Now sit down, shut up, and watch “Blink.”
This is just a general reply to your first post, I recommend episode 1 the wrath of the rubber men or something from season 1 to get a good idea of the show whata great series that was can't wait til august this year for next season.
Starting form the beginning will takea while to catch up, i suggest starting from Ecleson (spelling fail)

Seeker

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Tycoon 200
Condolence Cheese
Thank you for the opinions! c:

I just wasn't sure if I started somewhere other than the very beginning that I would end up not knowing what was going on at all. I'll just have to try it out~

Doctor Who goes back all the way to black and white television lol
I started with series 6 sweatdrop
but if i were you, I'd try series 5, then go back to the start. but that's just me
There's no right or wrong place to start, but, if you're just getting into the series, you might want to start by watching the episodes featuring the Ninth, Tenth and Eleventh Doctors. Whether you check out the Classic Series is up to you, but I do recommend giving it a try. Again, it doesn't really matter which story you start with, but you'd really need to be dedicated if you decided to start from "An Unearthly Child" and work forwards from there.
start at david tenet, or doctor 10, the reboot with doctor 9 kinda sucked so stick with 10 or the begging

Interesting Friend

4,650 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I'd say start with Matt Smith Series 5 as Eleventh Hour is awesome plus you don't really need to know about the characters before starting (note to other Whovians Doctor Who is a British programme therefore they aren't seasons they are series)
Its a little hard to find the "old" shows but you can find the "newer" relatively easy. I would suggest starting with the 9th doctor up to the 11th and then start from the very 1st whenever your able to find them. At least.....that's what I did.
{Fez's are cool}

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces