• Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy

I have major love for some of the things I'm a fan of, but I generally avoid the rest of the fans. I somehow I manage to be a part of the worst fangroups. Some of them can be ridiculously defensive about their opinions.

Have you read the original book, Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux? I'm just curious if it's the musicals you dislike or the whole concept altogether. Mostly, because I have some not-widely-accepted opinions of the musical versions as opposed to the original book which I loved.

It's the musicals I hate. I thought it was a great story until they added music to it. ._. They also were performing "Faust," which is a plus for me.
I am a member of the small "Faust" fandom. XD rofl

If you mean to say you've actually read the book, I'd have to love you just a tad bit. Not very many people who have heard of the musicals even know the book exists (not to condemn them for it - the musicals were much more widely known of).

I'm actually not at all familiar with "Faust", but I would not be opposed to learning more about it.

I haven't really read the book, but I have skimmed it and read a few parts of it. Really good stuff. biggrin

Honestly, an even better read, in my opinion, is the book "Phantom" by Susan Kay. It goes into a deep back story beginning from his very birth. It's very well-written and much more fascinating to read. Obviously, I give due respect to Gaston Leroux for beginning the concept, but Susan Kay has a much better knack for story-telling.

Oooh, I haven't heard that one before! Maybe I'll give it a read, and I'll like Phantom again. XD

Dapper Genius

6,800 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy

I have major love for some of the things I'm a fan of, but I generally avoid the rest of the fans. I somehow I manage to be a part of the worst fangroups. Some of them can be ridiculously defensive about their opinions.

Have you read the original book, Phantom of the Opera by Gaston Leroux? I'm just curious if it's the musicals you dislike or the whole concept altogether. Mostly, because I have some not-widely-accepted opinions of the musical versions as opposed to the original book which I loved.

It's the musicals I hate. I thought it was a great story until they added music to it. ._. They also were performing "Faust," which is a plus for me.
I am a member of the small "Faust" fandom. XD rofl

If you mean to say you've actually read the book, I'd have to love you just a tad bit. Not very many people who have heard of the musicals even know the book exists (not to condemn them for it - the musicals were much more widely known of).

I'm actually not at all familiar with "Faust", but I would not be opposed to learning more about it.

I haven't really read the book, but I have skimmed it and read a few parts of it. Really good stuff. biggrin

Honestly, an even better read, in my opinion, is the book "Phantom" by Susan Kay. It goes into a deep back story beginning from his very birth. It's very well-written and much more fascinating to read. Obviously, I give due respect to Gaston Leroux for beginning the concept, but Susan Kay has a much better knack for story-telling.

Oooh, I haven't heard that one before! Maybe I'll give it a read, and I'll like Phantom again. XD

It's honestly an entirely different feeling when you read it. Reading the original book made me feel like I had to push through walls and walls of cobwebs just to get to the interesting parts. If you don't like Susan Kay's book, I'd be shocked if there was anything that could convince you to like Phantom of the Opera. XD

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy
Grimm Grimoire
L-botomy

It's honestly an entirely different feeling when you read it. Reading the original book made me feel like I had to push through walls and walls of cobwebs just to get to the interesting parts. If you don't like Susan Kay's book, I'd be shocked if there was anything that could convince you to like Phantom of the Opera. XD

LOL I'd be shocked too. XD
... You don't enjoy something that other people do?? So what. Dr. Who is not for everyone. Watch the shows you have fun watching.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Grimm Grimoire
I really tried watching "Doctor Who." Many times, many different seasons. It was recommended to me, as well, by many people. I thought it was really cool for a while...But now, I don't like it. When I watched it, it was really boring to me. I sat through some episodes of the more recent seasons...I just can't. Saw of the original ones...Didn't strike my fancy. I may try it again someday, but this fandom sure isn't helping... crying

Chaotic Chatter
tell you a secret

I can't watch Dr.Who either, at least not watch it and get as into it as some fans. As much as i LOVE British Television, i cannot watch Dr.who. i even Like the Character of Dr.Who, i just get bored watching the show, i don't even know why.

Edit: the fan base drives me Crazy, they are almost as bad as Joss Whedon fans.

Um... I hate to be "that guy," but why are you even in the subforum if you don't like it? neutral

Oh, and protip:

All fandoms are at least 10% batshit insane. This 10% is, however, the most vocal, and therefore stains any enjoyment. It serves you better to not be bothered with them.

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Xiam
Grimm Grimoire
I really tried watching "Doctor Who." Many times, many different seasons. It was recommended to me, as well, by many people. I thought it was really cool for a while...But now, I don't like it. When I watched it, it was really boring to me. I sat through some episodes of the more recent seasons...I just can't. Saw of the original ones...Didn't strike my fancy. I may try it again someday, but this fandom sure isn't helping... crying

Chaotic Chatter
tell you a secret

I can't watch Dr.Who either, at least not watch it and get as into it as some fans. As much as i LOVE British Television, i cannot watch Dr.who. i even Like the Character of Dr.Who, i just get bored watching the show, i don't even know why.

Um... I hate to be "that guy," but why are you even in the subforum if you don't like it? neutral

Oh, and protip:

All fandoms are at least 10% batshit insane. This 10% is, however, the most vocal, and therefore stains any enjoyment. It serves you better to not be bothered with them.

I don't care what I post, nor where I post it. I wanted my voice to heard.

Magical Investigator

22,875 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Forum Regular 100
Grimm Grimoire
Xiam
Grimm Grimoire

Chaotic Chatter
tell you a secret

Oh, and protip:

Uhhh... because you want people to pay attention to you...?
Well it's no surprise that not everyone in the whole world is a fan of Doctor Who xD everyone has their preferences, and if you don't like a series, you just can't force yourself to watch it, trust me, I've tried :p

Fallen Phantom

9,490 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Forum Regular 100
THE LAST SEASON SUCKED.
watch the episodes with David Tennant. those were the best. The ones with Eccelson were good too.

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
Xiam
Grimm Grimoire
Xiam
Grimm Grimoire

Chaotic Chatter
tell you a secret

Oh, and protip:

Uhhh... because you want people to pay attention to you...?

No. I am NOT hungry for attention. Geez. :/

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
AznTubbeh
Well it's no surprise that not everyone in the whole world is a fan of Doctor Who xD everyone has their preferences, and if you don't like a series, you just can't force yourself to watch it, trust me, I've tried :p

Yeah...To me, it seems like a pretty big commitment. XD I only watch about one or two shows a week, anyways. I might give it a go later or...

Hilarious Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Friendly 100
rikunarutorocks
THE LAST SEASON SUCKED.
watch the episodes with David Tennant. those were the best. The ones with Eccelson were good too.

I'll try to see which ones will strike my interest. :3 Thanks for your feedback. I myself am tired of seeing the last season.

Dapper Informer

3,900 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
Grimm Grimoire

Ah I understand. Frankly, I have a few companions I like. And a few regenerations..but other than that, I kind of don't get too involved in Doctor Who really.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff