Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Survivor

Yep, I have two problems, and I'll sum it up in just one post, to make life easier.... for me.

First Problem: I'm trying to install a GForce 4000 in a AMD Duron 700mhz with 112MB RAM and W98. My previous onboard video card was SiS600/700.
The problem is: I disable the SiS drivers and try to install the GForce drivers, but the computer either: Won't recognice the card, or won't even start and would just make tons of beeps...
Now, I tried to disable the onboard card from the bios when I could turn it on again, but I can't find it... :S I found onboard audio, and a ton more things, but not the onboard video. Besides that, does any one know of another reason for the motherboard not to recognice the GForce card?

Second Problem: It's a very stupid PHP parse error, and I'm sure it must be just because I'm missing something. But then again, I just started with PHP, so I know little to nothing.
I am trying to install a forum (much like phpBB) into my site, and I get:

Quote:
Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_IF, expecting ')' in /www/forum/Sources/Subs.php on line 833

Line 833 contains:

if(isset($add['[spoiler]'])){

While the entire chunk of code added is:

$code_to_from = array(
// Spoiler tag.
if(isset($add['spoiler'])){
static $id_spoiler = 0;
$arr1[] = '~\[spoiler\](.+?)\[/spoiler\](?:<br />)?~ie';
$arr2[] = '\'<span class="spoilerheader"><a href="nojavascript...spoiler(\\\'spoiler\' . $id_spoiler . \'\\\')">\' . $txt[\'spoilerheader\'] . \'</a></span><div id="spoiler\' . $id_spoiler++ . \'" class="spoiler" style="display: none;">$1</div>\'';
}
if(isset($add['spoiler='])){
static $id_spoiler = 0;
$arr1[] = '~\[spoiler=(.+?)\](.+?)\[/spoiler\](?:<br />)?~ie';
$arr2[] = '\'<span class="spoilerheader"><a href="nojavascript...spoiler(\\\'spoiler\' . $id_spoiler . \'\\\')">\' . $txt[\'spoilerheader\'] . \': $1</a></span><div id="spoiler\' . $id_spoiler++ . \'" class="spoiler" style="display: none;">$2</div>\'';
}

As you can see I was trying to add a "Spoiler" mod. But did it automatically with the forum's interface, so I don't know what went wrong, and for more I look at the code I can't figure out what I'm missing.

If anyone could help with either of the problems I'd be very grateful. sweatdrop
Hmm...Could it be for the video card that the slot/card is fried..I look at the specs and it seems you meet the requierments....That slot/card being fried is the only thing i can think of...but if you had another video card in there before this one...Then ignore me..^^;;

Also, How many beeps do you get..Try your hardest to count them and click here to see what the BIOS are trying to tell you..

Dangerous Survivor

Zero~_Enna
Hmm...Could it be for the video card that the slot/card is fried..I look at the specs and it seems you meet the requierments....That slot/card being fried is the only thing i can think of...but if you had another video card in there before this one...Then ignore me..^^;;

Also, How many beeps do you get..Try your hardest to count them and click here to see what the BIOS are trying to tell you..

No I didn't had another Video card there (it's AGP btw). The requirements are alright because I asked in the place I bought it and all, and they said it was ok. sweatdrop I doubt it's fried, shouldn't there have been another one there before for that... ?
The video card I have now is onboard.

About the beep codes, well, it was two diferent ones I got, short, but really separated between eachother and looping forever (which wasn't in that site), and short and continued looping. Which said is a memory error, but the memory was insterted alright.

I think I was going to say something else but I forgot stressed

Dangerous Survivor

Any other ideas... ? sweatdrop

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out